StoneRiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

StoneRiver Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.2

Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone 1 on site interview, nothing out of the ordinary but I must have 30 words so hopefully this works... every rose has it's thorn. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Interview Questions

• basic Java Application server questions   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at StoneRiver (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:

1. General questions from the HR for basic evaluation on how you communicate, your personality, and which is very important about the company. You really want to know about their businesses before talking to the HR. It is not hard to know what it is, cos their products are for insurance companies, who are trying their best to themselves heard. GEICO 30 mins..... I hate that AD.

2. Technical interviews on Agile, OO, REST, Multi-Threads, Javascript, database indexes, several SQL questions, and brain teases. Typical entry level questions for typical entry level jobs. You really want to do some research about those concepts, and prepare one to two examples for key features of them.

3. Talked to project manager, business unit manager. Some questions about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Brain teases. You have 10M records(ID, Name), but can only process 1000 of them at one time. How you can get the ID containing the Name repeats the most?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StoneRiver in June 2014.

Interview

One homework focused on testing how to properly apply design patterns.
    Interview started with the very classic question "what is the degree between hour and minute hand when it is 4:15".

Interview Questions

• what is the degree between hour and minute hand when it is 4:15   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at StoneRiver (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Questions on SOLID principles and Test Driven Development

Interview Questions

• Most common Design Patterns used   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at StoneRiver in May 2013.

Interview

Most of questions are about OOP. Explanation about previous projects and testing projects. They asked about any improvements on projects. They also asked some database questions and UI questions, which I am not good at.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at StoneRiver (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Very easy - comfortable setting - personable people to deal with. Phone screen then a one on one interview. Not just an HR thing - got to be interviewed by multiple people including the person to whom I would directly report. Everyone seemed pleasant and helpful in answering my questions about StoneRiver - work life balance, benefits, employee relations which was important to me.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews but a waste of time. No matter what you do they are down sizing and will soon lock the doors.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at StoneRiver (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Not a good experience. Hiring process is kind of skewed. Interviewer seems to be tired and not willing to let the candidate think. Not willing to help the candidate fully understand his question.

Interview Questions

Not so innovative. Bad experience at the interview.

Verifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at StoneRiver (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

They'll make you wait with the receptionist for a few minutes, then two supervisors will pull you into a small office and just interview you. Ask you about previous experience, discuss the position, and talk about the company. After that they'll take you to a tenured agents desk and have you look at what they're doing. You'll watch them do their job and after that they'll bring you back in and make sure you think you can handle the position. Then they'll either offer the position or advise they'll contact you back.

Negotiation

No I was unable to negotiate. They have a set pay.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at StoneRiver (Englewood, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied for the job and received a call that day from the recruiter. Said I was perfect for the job and that I should hear back in the next day or so to schedule a 1:1. A week went by and I finally emailed and got no answer. A month later I received another call from the recruiter asking if I was still interested. I said sure and she scheduled the 1:1 with the hiring manager. 5 minutes into the interview I realized that the description of the job online was 100% different than the job he was hiring for. I interrupted, told him that, and we parted ways.