Stratasys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (San Juan, PR) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward and to the point. The manager that interviewed me made it very tech based. He offered the position at the end. The interviewer explained the overall culture of the company and what they were looking for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stratasys.

Interview

The interview process had its good points and poor points. I was able to complete most aspects of my interview on the same day, but the interview process was long and I had to come back for a second round.

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stratasys in September 2016.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter for the position. Then had a phone interview with HR at Stratasys. After that had multiple interviews in person and over the phone with the CIO and other directors and PMs.

Interview Questions

• How would to solution for a problem you do not have any expertise in?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Fp&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very fast for me. I was interviewing with half a dozen or so companies at the time (which was a lot for me) and I was working through a recruiter who kept pushing Stratasys along to interview me if they were interested in hiring me before other companies would. It started with an interview with the hiring manager that was scheduled for 30 minutes over the phone, but during our conversation we switched to Skype and ended up having an hour and a half conversation that was very encouraging. I then was referred to speak with another senior member of the team, with whom I also Skyped for an hour or so. Both of these interviews focused primarily on the role I would take on in this group, and the questions were directed at my previous experience and level of "fit" for their needs. Next, I interviewed with an HR representative over the phone, who basically reinforced whether or not I was a fit for the organization, and asked me a handful of behavioral questions. Once I had passed those interviews I was asked to come in to visit the office in person, where I had expected to receive an offer and discuss next steps, but instead had a brief tour of their manufacturing "museum" and met with the hiring manager as well as a team member to reiterate my skills and interest in the job/organization. Overall, the interview process was fairly seamless, and I felt like it was more of a conversation than an interrogation. I really appreciated that as an applicant who does not interview very well.

Interview Questions

• If I contacted your references, what is one negative trait they would say you have?   1 Answer
    • Have I ever received push-back on an idea, even when I know I am right? How did you handle this?   1 Answer
    • What are the most important aspects to being a successful analyst?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation since I worked through a recruiter, who pinpointed my base salary up front, which was the minimum base salary I required to justify an out-of-state relocation. The recruiter handled most of the negotiation with the employer, and my role in it involved stating/restating my minimum requirements. However, there was some miscommunication as far as what those base salary expectations were after I had received the offer, but that got straightened out and satisfied my base requirements. The other bonuses/benefits were fairly standard, and for the most part met my expectations,so there was no need to push back on those. I did however negotiate a signing bonus that helped make it an easier decision to accept their offer and relocate for this role, as well as make it easier to focus on my role right from the start. I was very happy they were flexible on that, since I had stated that I did not necessarily require any assistance to relocate for the right job. That, along with some other aspects about the job and the industry, made me favor Stratasys over other employers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stratasys in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a 15 minute interview with HR.
    The HR interview was very easy. It's basically confirming you can talk intelligently about the experiences listed on your resume, and that you know what GPA you wrote down.
    The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager and team lead. Questions about teamwork, and some general programming questions.
    A day later, I received an offer in my inbox.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Stratasys?
      What is your experience with 3D printing?
      Why did you chose to study computer science?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

There were a series of interviews. First a screening phone interview with HR which lasted approximatley 30 minutes. Then an interview with the hiring manager, again over the phone, which lasted approximately 60 minutes. Next a phone interview with peer #1 which lasted 60 minutes. An interview with HR people which lasted 60 minutes, and finally an in-person interview with peer#2 which lasted 60 minutes. HR people were wonderful though the process, with quick updates and accurate "next steps."

Interview Questions

• Many if not most of the questions focused on how I deal with difficult people, and aggressively chaotic environments.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

The on-line application forces a person to fill in High School start and end dates which is irrelevant and smells like a convenient way to screen against older workers. VERY transparent and stupid for a company to require this. Ridiculous!!

Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I first was asked when I would be available for a phone call from a general (automated?) email from Stratasys. The phone call was a pre-interview screening- I was asked basic questions about things such as where I went to school, what my major was, and why I chose the school I attend/ the major I am pursuing. I was also asked a "psychology" question, then was asked to come in to the headquarters for an in-person interview.

I met with two people on July 2, so they seemed rather eager to get things done with quickly so they could get out sooner for the holiday weekend. The interview questions were rather straight-forward; they asked me to elaborate on content from my résumé. I was also asked about my experience working with 3-D modeling and machinery in addition to my comfort level and interest in performing the tasks that would be required for the internship.

I asked the first person I met with what the next step in the hiring process would be and when I should expect to hear back; I received an incredibly vague response of "well we were hoping to have an intern hired by the beginning of July, but here it is [already July] and we're still in the interview process..."

I sent multiple emails to follow-up with my interview, but did not receive a response from anyone I contacted. I also made multiple phone calls (one or two a week for two weeks, then every other day) to the woman I interviewed with- I was sent to voicemail every time and never received a response.

I only learned that I did not receive the position after finally being put through to human resources (after calling the main number) and asking them to provide me with information regarding this position. This was almost a month after my interview.

Interview Questions

• (Psychology Question): What is your favorite meal and why?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was asked to come to their Eden Prairie facility for an in-person interview with the Applications Engineering Manager. After around 1 hr of discussion and answering standard interview questions, I was told that I would be hearing back from their HR department in the next couple days. After sending both the Hiring Manager and HR departments with multiple "follow up" emails, I never received any response from anyone at the company. Very unprofessional way to say "no thank you" to a potential employee.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys.

Interview

First contact from HR, sent from a 3rd part email address. Set up HR phone interview, followed ~1 week later by in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager of a similar role. Interview lasted 1-1.5 hours. Interview went well, feedback was good, was asked about having a start date very soon (i.e. 2 weeks); however, even with attempts at follow-up there was no decision on application for 4 to 5 weeks. Seem to lack in the interview/hiring etiquette department.

Interview Questions

• How soon is your availability? (lead-in to a mention that they were seeking someone to fill the position very rapidly - note this flies in the face of their long decision timeline)   1 Answer