Stratasys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (San Juan, PR) in September 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward and to the point. The manager that interviewed me made it very tech based. He offered the position at the end. The interviewer explained the overall culture of the company and what they were looking for.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was phone to set up the one-on-one then passed to 2nd phase which was also one-on-one with hiring manager. All went quickly - interviewers were very prepared and kept to the alloted time.

Interview Questions

• What was you most difficult situation you've had to deal with in a previous position?   Answer Question

Interview

A great company culture. Upper management is excited to work and grow with the company. The interview process was fair and it consisted of three rounds of interviews with casual conversations.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying for a job on Stratasys' web site, I was contacted by HR for a phone screen. The phone screen was only supposed to last half an hour, but it went well enough that we spoke for nearly an hour. At the end of the interview, the HR rep indicated he would be recommending me for an in person interview, which was confirmed the next day.

My in person interview was with one of the analysts I would have been working with, the manager I would have reported to, and a manager in another department.

All four people I spoke with, on the phone interview and in person, were very straightforward. There were no trick questions - they wanted to see if my qualifications matched their needs. Some companies have "fake" interviews, where they've already decided who they want to hire, then interview others just to reject them, but it was clear that Stratasys would have hired me had I been a good fit.

Even though I did not get the job, I felt I was treated fairly, and I did not regret going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were standard interview questions, about my qualifications and experience.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was asked to come to their Eden Prairie facility for an in-person interview with the Applications Engineering Manager. After around 1 hr of discussion and answering standard interview questions, I was told that I would be hearing back from their HR department in the next couple days. After sending both the Hiring Manager and HR departments with multiple "follow up" emails, I never received any response from anyone at the company. Very unprofessional way to say "no thank you" to a potential employee.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys.

Interview

First contact from HR, sent from a 3rd part email address. Set up HR phone interview, followed ~1 week later by in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager of a similar role. Interview lasted 1-1.5 hours. Interview went well, feedback was good, was asked about having a start date very soon (i.e. 2 weeks); however, even with attempts at follow-up there was no decision on application for 4 to 5 weeks. Seem to lack in the interview/hiring etiquette department.

Interview Questions

• How soon is your availability? (lead-in to a mention that they were seeking someone to fill the position very rapidly - note this flies in the face of their long decision timeline)   1 Answer

Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I first was asked when I would be available for a phone call from a general (automated?) email from Stratasys. The phone call was a pre-interview screening- I was asked basic questions about things such as where I went to school, what my major was, and why I chose the school I attend/ the major I am pursuing. I was also asked a "psychology" question, then was asked to come in to the headquarters for an in-person interview.

I met with two people on July 2, so they seemed rather eager to get things done with quickly so they could get out sooner for the holiday weekend. The interview questions were rather straight-forward; they asked me to elaborate on content from my résumé. I was also asked about my experience working with 3-D modeling and machinery in addition to my comfort level and interest in performing the tasks that would be required for the internship.

I asked the first person I met with what the next step in the hiring process would be and when I should expect to hear back; I received an incredibly vague response of "well we were hoping to have an intern hired by the beginning of July, but here it is [already July] and we're still in the interview process..."

I sent multiple emails to follow-up with my interview, but did not receive a response from anyone I contacted. I also made multiple phone calls (one or two a week for two weeks, then every other day) to the woman I interviewed with- I was sent to voicemail every time and never received a response.

I only learned that I did not receive the position after finally being put through to human resources (after calling the main number) and asking them to provide me with information regarding this position. This was almost a month after my interview.

Interview Questions

• (Psychology Question): What is your favorite meal and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stratasys.

Interview

The interview process had its good points and poor points. I was able to complete most aspects of my interview on the same day, but the interview process was long and I had to come back for a second round.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied early April of 2016 and heard about two weeks later about setting up a 30-minute phone interview. A week afterwards I received an email about setting up an on-site interview. Process was very straightforward. For the on-site interview I was interviewed by three different people, one was someone who interviewed me on the phone and was also the person who would be my manager throughout the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stratasys in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a 15 minute interview with HR.
    The HR interview was very easy. It's basically confirming you can talk intelligently about the experiences listed on your resume, and that you know what GPA you wrote down.
    The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager and team lead. Questions about teamwork, and some general programming questions.
    A day later, I received an offer in my inbox.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Stratasys?
      What is your experience with 3D printing?
      Why did you chose to study computer science?   Answer Question

Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stratasys (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, initial contact several days later. Three phone interviews with HR, hiring mgr, counterpart in Israel. Professional, direct, and thoughtful. Followed up with in-person 1 on 1 interviews with five people. Revealing conversations. Witnessed more red flags than on display at a red flag factory: Five training directors quit/ fired within the last year; resentment, conflict and peculiar communications lobbed between departments; hiring mgr with 7 months tenure was unsure of the purpose this role. Challenging environment, but workable.

Was disqualified two days later. Fair enough. Asked for feedback. HR person said “ultimately they had to think beyond my experiences, qualifications, and ability to do the job and instead, who would fit ‘culturally’ within our organization? That’s always the elusive part that can always be really hard to define, Right?”

Eh, maybe. Never heard so much dancing and spinning about in circles. So overly effusive and insistent about this culture matter, protestations so excessive, that the HR person gave away a different reason, more likely having to do with my age. The person's feedback then turned patronizing.

Yes, I was disappointed but really, that’s life. Would I recommend this place? Look at the reviews. Even when a restaurant gets terrible reviews, if you’re hungry enough, it’ll do.

Interview Questions

• Describe your educational philosophy and approach to training?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Stratasys?   Answer Question