Strategic Behavioral Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2018

1.9

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Loveland, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

With the DON (who has since quit) and the CEO's henchman from the corporate aka "Home Office". Set, standard nursing questions. Not difficult, should have been a heads up about the job quality. Pay offer below standard for experienced RN, "it's the best I can do" per the DON. New Grads state the starting pay rate is good.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about restraining patients, have you done this before.   1 Answer

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Leland, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position, I was given a time and date for the interview. When I arrived, the interviewer had no idea that he had an interview scheduled. He texted throughout the interview, hardly looked at me, said, "Uh huh, uh huh," as I spoke, gave a quick speech about the value of making a difference in at least one child's life, and sent me on my way. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with physically restraining a child if necessary?   1 Answer

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Garner, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Very deceiving. A lot of things for looks. It is a one on one interview with a Unit Manager and takes a very short amount of time in one of their offices next to the units (700/800 halls). They ask about your experience, life goals, and a few questions related to the job. The job is explained in a very vague manner.

Interview Questions

• If you have two residents on close observation in rooms on opposite ends of the hall, is that possible and what can you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health.

Interview

The interview was not conducted by anyone in the HR department and was very unprofessional, knew immediately what to expect from this place. Their dress was terrible and they were not well spoken, it honestly made me feel prude and uptight, which I am not. I was offered the job immediately and they seemed surprised when I began asking questions about the facilities history.

Interview Questions

• If you saw your coworker on their phone when policy states there are to be no phones on the floor how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Johnstown, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with the COO in Johnstown, Colorado for an hour interview. He gave me a tour, we talked for quite a while. I emailed a thank you note him with references that he asked for. I applied for a full time position, when I spoke to the COO 5 days after the interview, he offered me a PRN position, stating " I can probably get you 40 hours or close to it". I declined the job and was told that maybe next month he will have a full time job approved to hire for. The job was listed on Indeed as a full-time therapist job that I applied for.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Garner, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

A joke - no real professional questions were asked. It was more of a conversation about incidentals outside the workplace. My experience and expectations were never discusssed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none- what they told you was what you got

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Garner, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

length interview - HR was not helpful, but this has been changed. New HR Director is much friendlier and helpful. She truly has an open door and is always in her office to assist.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Strategic   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Garner, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

The process is not that long. you go through too interviews and then a week long orientation. The orientation is pretty long. and it is paid. its about 8 hours a day for 5 day. then you go to work!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions is based on past experience that person being interviewed has had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Leland, NC).

Interview

Group setting

Interview Questions

• No interview questions based on individuality. It was based on their expectations in a group setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone was paid the same salary despite credentials i.e. high school, undergraduate or graduate's degree

Utilization Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Strategic Behavioral Health (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Very basic, asked simple questions about UR, and my background. Nothing job related. I was asked about my resume and previous job experience. I wad asked what mental health organizations im aware of and if ive heard of the company before. The interviewer was a manager. I was asked ig i had issues working a salary job.