Strategy& Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Strategy& Interview Questions

Interviews at Strategy&

3.4

Associate Interview

Interview

There are multiple rounds including case studies, behavioral questions. Need to be able to do basic algebra pretty quickly and understand subjective nature of some decisions. Interviewers are also there to help

Interview Questions

• case study questions on a fake company to determine strategy recommendation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round took place on campus and consisted of two interviews. The first was a behavioral interview which included a couple questions to understand business intuition. The second was a very untraditional case. In the case interview the interviewer definitely played the role of an angry client and pushed back that he didn't like the answers. The second round was over video or in person, depending on preference. This round also consisted of 2 interviews that were exclusively behavioral/fit.

Interview Questions

• What other types of products should an electric car company consider?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

2 back to back case interviews, 45 min each. 5-10 min behavioral questions, and 30 min cases. Cases are profitability and market entry cases. The case depends on the interviewer.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews. All mostly cases. The cases were fine, behaviorals were fine. Thought it was weird that they didn't have an in person round at all. But everyone was super nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were straightforward. A couple of typical behaviorals as well.   Answer Question

Interview

Three 40 minute interviews with a case and behavioral type question. Very conversational. Possibly the worst managed series of interviews I've had. They did not read my resume previous to the interview, the cases were administered poorly, and frankly the people I interviewed with were rude and elitist. At one point an interviewer stated a simple fact to a classmate of mine and then said "but I wouldn't expect you to understand that." I had more of the same experience. In doing research on S&, I saw a post about a culture of elitism and arrogance with public berating of employees, and I saw that reflected in this interview. I was given an offer from Deloitte S&O which I plan on pursuing. I will honestly say I have never had a more rude, arrogant, and actually uninformed interview in my life. I see why S& doesn't get projects from MBB. If this is the attitude and the elitism, I can see why the reputation of S& is not positive and why MBA classmates seem to be reluctant to return - something I only saw at PwC/S&.

Interview Questions

• "You're a customer, or a consumer, of a service. It's too expensive. What do you do as the customer?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and enjoyable. I applied for an internship position through my university application portal. I was notified that I was invited for a first round within 2 weeks of the application deadline. The first round was 2 back-to-back virtual interviews with managers that each consisted of about 15 minutes of behavioral questions and a 30-minute case. One was fairly math heavy while the other was qualitative and very conversational, but both interviewers were very enjoyable to speak with and provided guidance when needed. They were definitely more interested in hearing about how and why I was coming to certain conclusions rather than hearing the "right" answer. The final round was also virtual interviews with seniority of interviewers ranging from manager to partner. There weren't any major curveballs in the cases, and several of them were actually from current or past projects that the partners had been working on, which was fun! I got a call about 24 hours after the final round from a partner who notified me that I got the offer.

Overall, I really enjoyed my interview experience. I would recommend focusing on cases that specifically apply to the vertical that you are interviewing for. The virtual interview format was definitely weird and we did occasionally run into technical issues, but the interviewers were friendly and seemed to genuinely wanted to help you succeed.

Interview Questions

• Why Strategy&. Make sure you have this down, as it is something that almost every interviewer will ask you.   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

HR was really transparent through the process, and seamlessly took me to the process. Initial rounds were great and conversations were a mix of case, behavioral and some brain teaser questions. The final round which was in a super day format (many candidates rotating through the panel of interviewers) didn't go as expected as 2 out of the 3 partners I interviewed were new to the organization and interviewed in a different pattern than suggested, which is okay since its a consulting role. However, they were expecting a different variation of case solution and were not the best represents of what Strategy& stands for in the market. One of the partners was extremely condescending and showed up 15 minutes late, and only let the interview run for 15 minutes in which he did not let me answer some of the questions he asked. We walked out together, and he smirked and told me how he had to leave early as his wife was waiting for him - quite unprofessional especially if the candidates have taken out time to interview with the firm. Overall only 1 interviewer represented the firm, values and overall hiring strategy well.

Rounds - HR screen, Round of peer and reporting manager interviews, Final Round of interviews with Partners & Principals

Interview Questions

• Mix of case, behavioral and some brain teaser questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

First-round interview consisted of one case study and one 45-min behaivoral conversation. They allowed you to select your fields of interest and then you interview for said group.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Strategy&.

Interview

Well structured and done on time. They took care of travels and accommodation and everything was smoothly arranged. Interviewers were friendly and enthusiastic, and patiently answered all questions about the firm and work.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

1st round interview: a group interview via phone, 4 people attended, self introduction first, followed by a mini market size case, a short presentation at the end.

The market size case is not very difficult, the interviewer emphasized on the collaboration in the teamwork