Strategy& Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Sort:

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Strategy& (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews and both had standard cases. The interviewers tried to walk me through the cases but it was mainly interviewee led. There was also a second round of interviews a few days later, and after that an offer if you were deemed worthy of one.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Two rounds:

1st - phone interview with two senior leaders in the practice, high level interest, industry knowledge, career aspirations, etc. Interviewers were tough, but fair. They were friendly,but expected a level of professional polish and ability to think strategically. Definitely be prepared with why you want to work there and what you can bring to the table in terms of industry knowledge, thought leadership, or consulting acumen.

2nd round: In office: Interviewed with 4 people, 1 job manager, 2 principals, 1 partner. Two case interviews, two behavioral sessions.
    Cases were actual cases from the interviewers' past clients. Be prepared for a wide gambit: One was a very formal case with numbers, slides, graphs, etc, beginning and end.
    The 2nd case was much more conversational. I used a paper, but he wanted to make sure I could organize my thoughts and present the right buckets to investigate. Not sure if we even got to final numbers and an answer, much more about my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex business topic and how you would advise a client to attack the problem for their business   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strategy& (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was strung along for a while and wound up being told they thought I wanted an internship. Big confusion I suppose but I believe they were just being wishy washy.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward 3 case interviews - 1. How would you help an airline company facing declining profitability? 2 - How would you help a pay phone company improve its operations in emerging markets? 3- Can you estimate the value of a merger between two brands?

Interview Questions

• How do you find leading teams? What challenges have you faced and what have you learnt   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strategy& (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There are two back-to-back case interviews. Might start off with brief exchange about your experience, academics, background, etc. After that, you'll be asked to solve a case or maybe two cases. In the first part, I was asked to solve two cases. The first one was about identifying the market that a certain graph might be portraying - i.e., a seasonal sales graph with peaks in Feb, May, Dec. The second one was a more routine guess-timation/market sizing case.

Interview Questions

• Analyse which market a seasonal sales graph might belong to.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strategy&.

Interview

applied through campus. 2 on campus interviews and one final round in new york with 2 cases. fairly standard. market sizing and regular profitability case. directors conducted the interviews. a couple of minutes on fit.

Interview Questions

• I'm thinking of opening up a newstand at the airport. What are my expected annual revenues?

Please size the market for senior living facilities in the state of california.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Strategy& (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

About 4 separate interviews, equally qualitative and quantitative. Looking for substantial, non-textbook answers. Important not to overthink questions. There is an emphasis on basic strategic problem solving using algebra and ability to break down large problems into smaller ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Strategy& (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Two 45 minute interviews each with a behavioral and case portion. One case was very quant heavy and the other was qualitative. First quant heavy case was about whether an automotive distributor should install a new IT system and the effect on profits. The other was more qualitative and a company that makes oil rigs had seen declining profits.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Tell me about a time you had to learn a new process to get a project done and how did you go about doing that?
      Tell me about a time that you were very time constrained to get a project done and how did you go about managing your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY).

Interview

2 back to back 45 min case interviews on campus for first round. Pretty straightforward, they’re slightly quantitive but are really looking to see if u can express your business sense in equation form. Interviewers were very casual, didn’t have a out to get you attitude at all.

Second round was in their office and 3 cases. These are 100% to see how you react to unexpected twists as well as your thinking process. Communicate with your interviewer, and they’ll help you. Make it a conversation! Don’t just monologue on, and you’ll be ok.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions

Case interviews with market sizing element, profit, market entry, m&a   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Strategy& (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

1st and 2nd round both consisted of 2 45-minute interviews, a mix of behavioral and case study. 1st round was with Manager-level and 2nd round with Partners. The case interviews in the 2nd round were much less structured, more based on the Partner's own experience and required you to think outside the box.