Strayer University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Strayer University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people Campus Director, and two Admissions Officers. The interview lasted approx. 1 hour, each interviewer seemed fairly nice. I was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me about yourself", they also went over my resume and asked about my role in previous positions.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Lengthy interview and irrelevant videos required. Repeated requests for personal information and unofficial transcripts although the information submitted previously. All contact by email and website application process. A phone contact may have solved the communication problem, yet the tone of the online contacts had already convinced me that this was not a school I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• Send a video with introduction to a class   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strayer University (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I came in through a staffing agency, so there was a preliminary call with the hiring manager followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and team. The next round would have been an in-person meeting with the senior leaders of that division.

I say that it would have been because I removed my candidacy after the in-person interview. My conversations with the hiring manager went really well and I was impressed. However, the team asked me what I thought of the hiring manager as part of my interview. This struck me as odd and I couldn't shake it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current marketing? How would you define the brand voice/tone?   Answer Question

Campus Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University in February 2017.

Interview

I applied one morning and received a call after lunch the same day. I spoke with the Dean and Director for about 15 minutes. They invited my to an in-person later that day. Interview was lengthy because we really got to know one another. Your typical scenario questions, strengths/weaknesses, description of your work ethic etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your supervisor did not agree on something and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Learning Resource Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Strayer University (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

It started with a written test/quiz that consisted of 10 multiple choice questions about how to cite references in research papers. After that, two folks interviewed me. They took turns reading questions and making notes of my answers. At times I felt like they weren't listening to my answers, they were just trying to fill out the interview form. Several times I had to help summarize my answer so they would know what to write down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use an online database.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strayer University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and called a week later to follow up about my status. They set me up for an interview a week later. The interview went well and was pretty basic. A week later they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a project and failed   1 Answer

Director Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strayer University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screening, Panel Interview, One on One interview with a VP. Strayer Talent Recruiters are very effective and prompt. You can receive a phone call from a recruiter and an interivew could be scheduled within days for a management position. Entry level positions may take longer because it will be at the hiring managers discretion how soon you will be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were scenarios and scripted. You will be asked to detail a time or an encounter with a customer, student, colleague, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are allowed to negotiate your salary. Try and get what's acceptable to you up front.

Campus Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strayer University (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very friendly screening call. Recruiter knew her stuff re questions to ask and information to provide. Started by asking what information I needed to know before moving on to what her process required her to ask. NO BS just good questions and good information. Keep in mind that Strayer has a lot of at business client programs and to properly evaluate the job for you and you for it you need to have a proper discussion about the client location and its personnel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Strayer University (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. A friend referred me to the recruiter who after I submitted my application called me to schedule my phone interview. The recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and asked your basic STAR questions. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter told me that they would be in contact.

I was pretty sure I had botched the phone interview because it was two weeks later I got the in person interview. In the second interview you meet with the head of the admissions office and the head Admissions officer. They both interview you at the same time. The interview was great and again they asked the same STAR questions you should expect from other places. I had no idea how much I really saw myself in the position or really wanted to work with this office.

They really have the best interests for their students and setting them up for success. They had wonderful things to say about my personal resume. Namely working full time, enrolled full time, managing to find an internship and still getting into three honor societies. It appeared to me they were looking for an applicant that mimicked their student population. At the end of the interview they gave me their contact information and promised a reply that Friday. I never heard from them. Which was sad because I really liked them and their atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Online Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

One short phone interview with Dean. Then, another 1-hr "Go to Meeting" interview with Dean and some of the faculty members. I had to do a video teaching demonstration on a topic of my choice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Current challenges in teaching
      2. Teaching style and philosophy   Answer Question