Strive Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Strive Consulting

2.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

Really nice, easy going, you can tell they have some transitional challenges, however I'm confident they'll figure them out. Seems like a solid company. Entrepreneurship mentality and workflow wanted/expected.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

In person and phone. This is not a real consulting company. This place is a recruiter masquerading as a consultancy. First, they do not have 400 employees. Most are "affiliates", which are just people in their network. They do not have any brand recognition in the market place. Strive is a terrible name. They will always be striving because they will not grow.

This company is a joke. It is not going anywhere. Do not waste your time talking to, or working with them. Their idea of consulting is really staff augmentation. Their staff is made up of newbies and I doubt they will ever win any real business.

Interview Questions

Strive Consulting Response

Aug 26, 2019 – CEO

I am sorry to hear that your interview experience did not go well. I would be interested in connecting on the phone or over coffee sometime to learn more. Please feel free to email me at bganser@striveconsulting.com.

Thanks,

Brian Ganser
    CEO

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

This was a very weird interview. The recruiter messaged me about scheduling a call, but never shared the job title or description with me. So I checked Strive's career page and prepared for the role that was posted there, which was a product mgt consulting position.

The recruiter was actually recruiting on behalf of a client and was a normal PO role. An in person interview was scheduled and again, the job description was never shared with me ahead of time so I had to find it on my own. The recruiter changed the time and location of the interview at the last minute, which made the experience much more rushed and unsettling than before. They did not appear to have a deep knowledge of the role or the field and kept repeating the same string of buzzwords.

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in June 2019.

Interview

I was invited to the Atlanta office by a very professional and polite Recruiting and Talent Specialist. When I arrived at the office, I was greeted by a nice person given a piece of paper to fill out and seated in a room right by the door. The facility reminded me of old school staffing agencies. I spoke briefly with the recruiter and then the Client Engagement person entered and informed me that she had not read my resume or anything and wanted to know why I was there. I have over 30+ years in Corporate America, I was told this was a leadership opportunity and the Senior Staff had not looked at my background.
    If I can take the time to accept and prepare and travel to a site for a meeting, the Strive team members can do the same.
    I have heard good things about the company, but my experience was not equal to what I have heard.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? What motivates you to want to do Agile?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

It was one of the most vague interviews I have attended in my 10 years of professional experience. Firstly the HR guy (Mario) had a detailed discussion with me on call and invited me to their office. I assumed it was to meet the other interviewer but no, again I had a 1 hour long discussion with the same person.
    Before the interview I mailed to ask for the Job Description which I never received and he was not sure as to for which position I was being interviewed.
    He told me that I will have my next interview with their Partner the next week but so far I am still waiting for a response from him.
    He doesn't answer his calls nor does he reply to his emails.
    As a professional courtesy atleast have the decency to inform the candidate if they are not proceeding ahead in the recruitment process than just keeping them on hooks.

Interview Questions

• More of work ex, important projects, what are you looking for in your next move.   Answer Question

Nov 6, 2018 – Manager, National Talent and Corporate Recruitment

My name is Mario Arboite and I am a Manager of Corporate Recruitment here at Strive Consulting. We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent experience and apologize for the mishap in communication, we take this very seriously at Strive and always value opinions that can assist in driving continuous improvement. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this situation with you further, ultimately to ensure that you receive the necessary feedback and clarity on this particular situation. Please feel free to contact me directly (214-687-0950) or by email Marboite@striveconsulting.com

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

Awesome! They're very good at communication through out the whole process. A very welcoming group of people. The interview was very open and candid. You're very encouraged to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends describe you as?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Columbus, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was done over Skype with a Recruiting Manager in Chicago. Wasn't bad, felt there was a good rapport, but terrible look on Strive in failing to get back with me after it. Was told that the next step was to meet with my potential manager in my city on site, but the Chicago recruiting manager never followed up with m, even after I reached back out a second time after a thank you email.

Very shocked at the lack of courtesy the young man could not give me in saying they would not continue in the hiring process with me. Basically found out via LinkedIn when this person removed our connection, and the position was reposted.

Again, a little courtesy or acknowledgement of my message would have went a long way.

Interview Questions

Strive Consulting Response

May 21, 2018 – Principal

My name is Andy Bagley, and I am the Principal of Corporate Recruiting and Talent. We are always looking to improve, so I truly appreciate your feedback. In an effort to better under this situation, it would be great to connect directly and talk through in more detail. Please email me at abagley@striveconsulting.com so we can schedule a time to do so.

Thanks,

Andy

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Please do not believe this company. Its a very small firm with no projects. They will call you for interview 5 times but neither show any commitment now reject you. They will put you on hold for months and months. Every time you connect with them, they will delay the response further. Better stay away from these small and unreliable firms.

Feb 7, 2018 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO here at Strive Consulting. We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent experience and always value opinions that can assist in driving continuous improvement. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this situation with you further, ultimately to ensure that you receive the necessary clarity on this particular misunderstanding. Please feel free to contact me directly at rrother@striveconsulting.com

Best, Ron Rother

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Walked into the interview rooms they use daily, met with the office manager, my future direct supervisor on day 1, and on day 2 an account executive and the CFO.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

The interview process at Strive was timely and enjoyable. I was contacted to schedule a pre-screen phone interview shortly after sending in my resume and cover letter. The interviewer told me that I would be contacted two days later, which I was. We scheduled an in-office interview on a day that worked for the both of us. When I arrived at the office, I was introduced to various employees; everyone seemed super friendly and open to answering any questions I had. The interview itself was professional but comfortably laid back, and his responses to my questions were clear and helpful. He mostly asked me questions on my knowledge of the company, industry, and goals I had during my time with Strive. I was contacted on the day that I was told, only a few days after being in the office. Overall, a very good experience.