Strive Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Strive Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

in person. total lack on energy from everyone there and no could give me a straight answer on the commission plan. After talking with former employees I found out the plan is WAY BELOW the market rate and you'll have to do 3X the work to get paid as compared to other well known firms in the area. They don't pay out on perm placements, instead they add it to your total commission (tiered system.) Health care plan is lousy and management could tell me what differentiates them from other firms in the area.

The office is comprised of mostly college grads so they can take advantage of them via increased profit margins for the owners. If you're an experienced sales person STAY AWAY!

Interview Questions

• How do you define culture as it relates to the work place?   1 Answer

Strive Consulting Response

Jun 30, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your candid feedback, and let me be the first to apologize for your less than positive experience with Strive.

Although we do our best to properly articulate the nuances of our... More

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a 1 on 1 and spoke with a recruiter at the AIM Consulting office. Told me one thing on the phone and then when I sat down job was different then what was told to me over phone and email. The recruiter was like a used car salesman and had absolutely no experience or understanding of development.

After that I get a phone call with the recruiter a few hours later who tried to haggle me down on the rate they initially said which would be a lot less then current job. It was pretty unprofessional. I wouldn't deal with this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• What was experience with SQL views, indexes, tables?   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was one of the worst ever. They invited me on five different occasions to just coffee shops - on the convenience of their own employees. They do not care about the schedule of the interviewee. The last round was with the consulting head who had a dry and boring personality - they claim to put employees first but that does not reflect on their interviewing process where they went out of the way to make the process slow and cumbersome on the candidate. Further, they do a contingent offer which basically means they don't really want you unless you can start rolling in the cash for them right-away - this is basically an underhanded technique of not investing in an employee and starting a relationship with distrust. Do yourself a favor, interview here with apathy, treat this as your last option and don't hesitate in turning their contingent offer back on them by going somewhere they will treat you respectfully.

Interview Questions

• What were my previous projects like?   1 Answer

Manager of Talent & Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an account manager and I was fortunate enough to be able to interview the same day. Later in the week, I was brought back in to meet with the rest of the team and upper level management. I was then given the ins/outs of the organization and more information on the future. Ultimately, they did a great job of explaining my role and what it would be in the company and where advancement opportunities would come.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 4-5 independent rounds of meeting with various consulting practice leaders. Each were about 30 minutes and casual. Some technical questions but more predominately around culture fit and understanding the vision over the next year.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me a technical problem you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager of Talent and Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Long. Met with just about everyone in the office, some of them twice. Interview was almost 100% on personality. Typical 'tell me about a time when...' questions. They mostly want to be sure you really want the job and are going to be dedicated to the work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer