Strive Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Strive Consulting

Strive Consulting

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strive Consulting in Jan 2021

Interview

Two initial screenings. First with the recruiter then with the recruiter's manager. After successfully passing both of these screenings I was scheduled to have an interview with the client, HCSC of Dallas, TX. The client interview was setup as an MS Teams interview which included a call-in number. After three days I received a cancellation notice with the explanation that the recruiter's manager, Danny Krantz, decided to cancel the interview since he didn't approve of using the call-in option. Six days later I followed up with the recruiter, Jose Lomas, who stated that he had heard two of their candidates had been disqualified by HCSC and that they had not brought in anyone. Since then it's been radio silence.

Interview Questions
  • Explain what ADO is and how to use it with MS Access.
    1 Answer
  • Explain how to use an outer join.

Strive Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strive Consulting

Interview

A phone call then video call with recruiter (in-person in a non-COVID world), then discussions with Managing Director at the office level, then national director and CEO out of Chicago. They threw in a peer-to-peer interview with one of their Senior AE's after the local office managing director.

Interview Questions
  • Basic interview questions and experience discussion. No real surprises, looking for a good fit. Note that they are looking for experience and connections within the staffing and/or business consulting world. It seems they simply have the job posting in case a perfect candidate comes along, and are just happy to entertain anyone with a decent resume hoping to be very impressed. Altogether a positive, though not clear, experience. My only recommendation would be to come prepared with good questions about their business model, company direction, and hiring timeline. I was very impressed with the recruiter, who called to let me know they wouldn't be moving me forward. No complaints here, seem to be good people.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2019

Interview

Really nice, easy going, you can tell they have some transitional challenges, however I'm confident they'll figure them out. Seems like a solid company. Entrepreneurship mentality and workflow wanted/expected.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Strive Consulting

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting

Interview

In person and phone. This is not a real consulting company. This place is a recruiter masquerading as a consultancy. First, they do not have 400 employees. Most are "affiliates", which are just people in their network. They do not have any brand recognition in the market place. Strive is a terrible name. They will always be striving because they will not grow. This company is a joke. It is not going anywhere. Do not waste your time talking to, or working with them. Their idea of consulting is really staff augmentation. Their staff is made up of newbies and I doubt they will ever win any real business.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Strive Consulting

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting

Interview

This was a very weird interview. The recruiter messaged me about scheduling a call, but never shared the job title or description with me. So I checked Strive's career page and prepared for the role that was posted there, which was a product mgt consulting position. The recruiter was actually recruiting on behalf of a client and was a normal PO role. An in person interview was scheduled and again, the job description was never shared with me ahead of time so I had to find it on my own. The recruiter changed the time and location of the interview at the last minute, which made the experience much more rushed and unsettling than before. They did not appear to have a deep knowledge of the role or the field and kept repeating the same string of buzzwords.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2019

Interview

I was invited to the Atlanta office by a very professional and polite Recruiting and Talent Specialist. When I arrived at the office, I was greeted by a nice person given a piece of paper to fill out and seated in a room right by the door. The facility reminded me of old school staffing agencies. I spoke briefly with the recruiter and then the Client Engagement person entered and informed me that she had not read my resume or anything and wanted to know why I was there. I have over 30+ years in Corporate America, I was told this was a leadership opportunity and the Senior Staff had not looked at my background. If I can take the time to accept and prepare and travel to a site for a meeting, the Strive team members can do the same. I have heard good things about the company, but my experience was not equal to what I have heard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2018

Interview

It was one of the most vague interviews I have attended in my 10 years of professional experience. Firstly the HR guy (Mario) had a detailed discussion with me on call and invited me to their office. I assumed it was to meet the other interviewer but no, again I had a 1 hour long discussion with the same person. Before the interview I mailed to ask for the Job Description which I never received and he was not sure as to for which position I was being interviewed. He told me that I will have my next interview with their Partner the next week but so far I am still waiting for a response from him. He doesn't answer his calls nor does he reply to his emails. As a professional courtesy atleast have the decency to inform the candidate if they are not proceeding ahead in the recruitment process than just keeping them on hooks.

Interview Questions
  • More of work ex, important projects, what are you looking for in your next move.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2018

Interview

Awesome! They're very good at communication through out the whole process. A very welcoming group of people. The interview was very open and candid. You're very encouraged to ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • What would your friends describe you as?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Columbus, OH) in Mar 2018

Interview

Interview process was done over Skype with a Recruiting Manager in Chicago. Wasn't bad, felt there was a good rapport, but terrible look on Strive in failing to get back with me after it. Was told that the next step was to meet with my potential manager in my city on site, but the Chicago recruiting manager never followed up with m, even after I reached back out a second time after a thank you email. Very shocked at the lack of courtesy the young man could not give me in saying they would not continue in the hiring process with me. Basically found out via LinkedIn when this person removed our connection, and the position was reposted. Again, a little courtesy or acknowledgement of my message would have went a long way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Strive Consulting

Application

I interviewed at Strive Consulting

Interview

Please do not believe this company. Its a very small firm with no projects. They will call you for interview 5 times but neither show any commitment now reject you. They will put you on hold for months and months. Every time you connect with them, they will delay the response further. Better stay away from these small and unreliable firms.

5 people found this interview helpful