Strive Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Strive Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2018

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

The interview process at Strive was timely and enjoyable. I was contacted to schedule a pre-screen phone interview shortly after sending in my resume and cover letter. The interviewer told me that I would be contacted two days later, which I was. We scheduled an in-office interview on a day that worked for the both of us. When I arrived at the office, I was introduced to various employees; everyone seemed super friendly and open to answering any questions I had. The interview itself was professional but comfortably laid back, and his responses to my questions were clear and helpful. He mostly asked me questions on my knowledge of the company, industry, and goals I had during my time with Strive. I was contacted on the day that I was told, only a few days after being in the office. Overall, a very good experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came into the Strive office to meet with multiple members of the team (including consulting, recruitment and sales) and then had an additional interview with the Executive Director, President & CEO.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational - we talked about Strive and the company's vision, long term goals (both mine & the company's), what value I could bring to Strive, how Strive could impact my career, what motivates me, etc. I had the opportunity to ask a lot of questions and everyone was very honest and transparent which was very helpful in allowing me to make a decision.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strive Consulting.

Interview

in person. total lack on energy from everyone there and no could give me a straight answer on the commission plan. After talking with former employees I found out the plan is WAY BELOW the market rate and you'll have to do 3X the work to get paid as compared to other well known firms in the area. They don't pay out on perm placements, instead they add it to your total commission (tiered system.) Health care plan is lousy and management could tell me what differentiates them from other firms in the area.

The office is comprised of mostly college grads so they can take advantage of them via increased profit margins for the owners. If you're an experienced sales person STAY AWAY!

Interview Questions

• How do you define culture as it relates to the work place?   1 Answer

Strive Consulting Response

Jun 30, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your candid feedback, and let me be the first to apologize for your less than positive experience with Strive.

Although we do our best to properly articulate the nuances of our... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient. I had two, in-person interviews and was offered the job the day after my second interview. I believe I would've only had one in-person interview, but one of the interviewers was unavailable on the day that I came in. Overall, I thought it was very efficient and was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weakest traits and how do you overcome this in the workplace?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Walked into the interview rooms they use daily, met with the office manager, my future direct supervisor on day 1, and on day 2 an account executive and the CFO.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a 1 on 1 and spoke with a recruiter at the AIM Consulting office. Told me one thing on the phone and then when I sat down job was different then what was told to me over phone and email. The recruiter was like a used car salesman and had absolutely no experience or understanding of development.

After that I get a phone call with the recruiter a few hours later who tried to haggle me down on the rate they initially said which would be a lot less then current job. It was pretty unprofessional. I wouldn't deal with this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• What was experience with SQL views, indexes, tables?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Please do not believe this company. Its a very small firm with no projects. They will call you for interview 5 times but neither show any commitment now reject you. They will put you on hold for months and months. Every time you connect with them, they will delay the response further. Better stay away from these small and unreliable firms.

Strive Consulting Response

Feb 7, 2018 – Marketing and Communications Specialist

My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO here at Strive Consulting. We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent experience and always value opinions that can assist in driving continuous... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 4-5 independent rounds of meeting with various consulting practice leaders. Each were about 30 minutes and casual. Some technical questions but more predominately around culture fit and understanding the vision over the next year.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me a technical problem you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke to interviewer for about 20 minutes about basic interview questions. They asked when I could start and discussed the pay. They described the job I was applying for vaguely and hired me almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• What are you skills/abilities   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Strive Consulting (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview started with a couple phone call conversations with someone I knew though a former colleague. There were then 2 in person interviews, with managers, account executives and the CEO

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What do you know about Strive Consulting?
      General questions about my background
      How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question