Stylight Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stylight Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stylight

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

I had one interview with one of the founders and then an entire interview day with the team that I joined in the end.

- The founder made a good job at explaining what Stylight does and why I should join. I really appreciated his enthusiasm about the company during the call.
- During the interview day I had to solve 2 code challenges and one architecture task. There was a joint lunch with the team and a session in which we talked about my CV. The office tour was a highlight as they have put much care into making it bright and pretty.

Overall I was very happy with the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a software related project that you are particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stylight

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

Stylight's interview process was easily the best I've ever experienced. Even though there are about 5 rounds(interviews and tasks combined), the recruiters/ HR department do an amazing job in constantly communicating with the candidate and also quickly answer any questions that I had in the process.

Along with my current work, it was hard for me to find the right time to schedule interviews. But, once again, the recruiter was really flexible in scheduling the interviews taking into consideration about my preference in timings for the interviews.

Below is the overview of the flow of the interview:
    1) I applied for the job role online.
    2) Recruiter contacted me and scheduled a HR interview first.
    3) Then, I was provided with a couple of programming tasks related to my role.
    4) Tech interview
    5) Meeting the team
    6) Management Interview

There is no large time gap between interviews, which is important and also all the interviewers (from the HR to the management rounds) were super friendly and made me feel comfortable in all the interviews. They really make sure that the candidate is tech, team and culture fit at the company. This whole process itself speaks a lot about Stylight!

I received the offer and happily accepted it without any second thoughts!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2018.

Interview

We started with HR skype call (15 minutes approx.), where their HR made me adore the company. On the next day I got test assignment which must be solved in 2 days. The next step was technical skype interview with the team. We've spoken a bit about my solution for the test assignment, a couple of theoretical questions aroused, and also I solved 2 whiteboard coding tasks. Everything was nice and comfortable. Then I was invited to the office to spend some time with the team and to speak with the CTO. Everything went well, we tried to solve some task together, and ha a lunch. I think I performed really badly while solving task together with the team. 3-4 days after the office meeting I got an email with information that they've chosen the other candidate. I was a bit disappointed, but it was only may fault.

I would rate the recruiting process of Stylight as 5/5, because everything was fast, clear and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Implement Counter.most_common() functionality with a dict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

The whole process was simple and transparent.

- The first round was 15 minutes HR call on the hangout just know more about your skills and current work.
    - One task was given to me and I have to complete that within 2 days it was a simple python task and I really enjoyed the task.
    - The Second round was a technical interview with Head of Product and Engineering Lead, they were very friendly and welcoming. During the interview, they asked me to solve the few SQL problems.
    - Next round was a team meeting.
    - Management round with CTO.

All the interviewers were super friendly and made me feel comfortable in all the interviews.

Interview Questions

Stylight Response

Mar 15, 2019 – People & Organization Manager

Dear Stylighter,

thanks a lot for your great feedback of the recruiting process. We are happy to have you at Stylight!

Kind regards,