Stylight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stylight Interview Questions

Interviews at Stylight

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stylight in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and simple process. Began with a short, 15-minute hangouts interview with the technical recruiter and was immediately followed with a technical assessment to get a feel for my skillset. Once those were cleared we moved onto another hangouts interview with the Sys Admin team and the final stage is an in-person interview at their Munich HQ.

They were all very prompt with answers to my questions and feedback on the technical assessment which I was extremely grateful for. Even when the position was closed unexpectedly, they immediately called me to explain the situation and didn't leave me hanging waiting for an answer. I am looking forward to trying again in the future!

Interview Questions

• Examples of DNS records
      Explain the various types of RAID arrays
      What would you prioritize for internal monitoring?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It started with a Skype interview that lasts 45min-1hr. They apparently don't have a meeting room, so she was skyping me in their bathroom shower? If you get past that round, there's an in-person interview at their office, which is a loft in soho. It's fairly disorganized because both stages of my interview were rescheduled less than two hours before they were supposed to occur. They ask your standard questions of greatest strengths/weaknesses, why stylight, how did you hear of stylight, why this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• How does Stylight make money?   Answer Question
    • If you were at a grocery store, but instead of buying things like apples and oranges, you could buy things like confidence. What two things would you buy? (i don't know why they couldn't just ask what two qualities you wish to acquire bc this was such a convoluted way of asking the same thing)   Answer Question
    • How would you rate this interview and why?   Answer Question
    • What events would you plan for the staff?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, involved a Skype and then an in-person interview prior to offer. Hiring manager is really friendly, but it's not a cakewalk. The in-person interview was with the hiring manager and VP of business development, who would ask more challenging questions about your understanding of the company's strategy/processes

Interview Questions

• How does STYLIGHT make revenue? Why do they use the model they do?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very smooth and integrative. The interviewer would ask questions pertaining to the job as well as the applicant's personality. The Stylight team is very effective and efficient, and it is important to showcase the passion you have for the fashion/e-commerce industry. As long as you share that passion and prove why you would be an added value to the team, you're very likely to proceed to the next stages!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview process was done in 3 steps. I was contacted by HR based in Munich to schedule a 30 min video screening. HR was very nice, got me excited about the company/opportunity. Was told the next step would be an assignment with 2 days to complete.

After completing the assignment I was scheduled an in-person interview at the Philly office. It ended up being a panel style interview with the Hiring Manager and the VP of Business Development. It was an hour long with a mix of professional and personality questions.

The Hiring Manager gave off unenthused disinterested vibes from the beginning. Left the interview feeling like it wasn’t the best fit even though I was still interested in the company as a whole. They said they would have a decision and would get back to me by end of the week but ended up being radio silence. I followed up with HR the following week and didn't receive an email until a few days later letting me know they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Who inspires you?
      Give us 5 content ideas you’d create for Stylight.   1 Answer

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was very organized and transparent. I knew exactly where I was in the process and the HR did an amazing job with correspondence despite the distance and time difference.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the website and how would you change it?   Answer Question

Junior Fashion Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email a few days later with a list of tasks and a couple of stories to be completed within 48 hours. A few days later, I had a Skype interview and then I went into the office the following week for another interview.

Everyone I interacted with during the interview process, from HR to one of the founders, was incredibly nice and eager to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult to answer—they just require thoughtful responses, of course.
      Why do you want to work at Stylight?
      What would you do within your first 100 days in the position?
      What are qualities every Stylighter should have?   Answer Question

Junior Fashion Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a few tasks to complete within 48 hours. The tasks were fun - writing stories and researching fashion trends.The recruiting team was also very friendly, which made me even more excited to potentially become a part of their team. Following the tasks, I was offered an online Skype interview. I thought it went well and the recruiter was very friendly and welcoming. The questions required more thought than other interviews I have been on for similar positions, but the questions were still relevant and important. I did a lot of research on the company beforehand and thought that helped me immensely, but unfortunately they deemed that I was not a good fit to proceed with another interview. It was very disappointing and discouraging, but I respected the fact that they sent an email informing me instead of leaving me hanging as other companies sometimes do.

Interview Questions

• Describe STYLIGHT's business model.
      What will be the biggest challenge for me in this position.
      Describe my resume.
      How does STYLIGHT make their money?   Answer Question

Fashion Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I did not make it to the in-person interview portion, but I was told that my profile caught their attention and I had to do several tasks (articles, moodboards, headlines, etc.) in 48 hours. It was not very specific so I did the best I could.

Partnership & Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A short (30 mins) and intense interview. I wasn't expecting such specific questions so it was a good thing I did my homework beforehand! Make sure you take time to read up about the founders and company and play around with their site. Pay attention to the little details. Be confident and friendly.

Interview Questions

• All types of questions (about your experience, STYLIGHT's business, skill sets eye)

- What 3 qualities must a STYLIGHT employee have?
      - How does STYLIGHT make money?
      - How would you rate your performance for this interview and why? (!!!!)   Answer Question