Success Academy Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

You go through 3 screenings. They ask you questions about who you are. Your interests. Skills that you are able to do. I honestly do not remember the whole process entirely. However, just be your true self and go into the interview with an open mind and love to teaching, learning and kids!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about feedback ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview with three rounds. You had to complete a case study before hand. The first round was presenting you case study. The last two rounds were general interview questions. Overall a very positive experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Introduction, 4 rounds of interviews, and a survey. Round 1 was focused on the case study. Round 2 was focused on "why Success". Round 3 was focused on personal/professional short comings. Round 4 was focused on client/coworker relationships.

You need to come in with negative experiences you've had in the work place. Do not waste time thinking you will discuss your strengths and accomplishments. If you've had a lucky break in your past professional life, I suggest making stories up.

Overall, there was a looming negative vibe, especially in the interview about your weaknesses and shortcomings. They did not try to sell their brand at all.

Following the interview, I had already decided that the Success culture was not for me, and would have declined an offer anyway.

Dont be cocky, and don't try to show that you are a near perfect employee. They don't buy it and don't want it. Even if it's true.

Lastly, the way that they dealt with notifying me about candidacy was handled extremely unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Why Success - why do you identify with our mission? How did you find out about us? How will we help you with your professional goals?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had everything planned and things fell apart. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • In your personal/professional life, what do you see as an "air of opportunity?" (What does this even mean???)   Answer Question
    • What was the toughest criticism you received in one sentence?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deal with a colleague you didnt get along with, and how did you fix the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by a group interview at the main office, followed by a Skype interview. The process took about three months, and I had to follow up several times after the final interview to see if they were still interested. They did not explain why they did not extend an offer, which I found disappointing after such a long and intense interview process.

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in March 2016.

Interview

I was called into for a in person interview after my orginal phone interview which went well. My in person was a weird group interview where everyone was paired up with one interview in one room.
    I love success but in that day, I didnt give my all and was really nervous so I didnt get a call back but I was still committed to the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue the community relations coordinator role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Had an in person interview at the network office with 2 members of upper Operations management. A couple weeks later, interviewed directly at a school with a principal and business operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Success Academy Charter Schools?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks from the date of submitting the application to getting an offer. There are two steps the first interview requiring a presentation of a case study previously given to you to prepare. On the interview day you are given 25 minutes to prepare the case study (mine was to plan and budget a road trip from New York to Chicago). After presenting with three other individuals two traditional Q&A interviews are done and that's it. I had to wait three weeks before I was called for a second interview at one of the schools at that point I met with the principle and head of the operations team for a Q&A interview and I got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond the call of your job.   Answer Question
    • How are you with deadlines and balancing multiple deadlines? What if I had to give you something to do even though you had a lot of work how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How do you take constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to handle a difficult parent or difficult situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in June 2016.

Interview

Entire process took five weeks. Applied and was offered an interview. Was given a case study to complete. Interview day lasted about 3-3.5 hours. First portion was the case study. We were split into groups and asked to present our work. Second portion consisted of one on one interviews. Very welcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of feedback/constructive criticism do you respond best to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is a group interview with other potential Operations team members. You work with them on the case study and then present. Afterward you have two round of one-on-one interviews.

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied through career services at my alma mater and was approved for an on-campus interview. Two twenty minute interviews with two separate recruiters: very positive, welcoming, and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Why Success Academy? Greatest flaw? Hardest criticism received at work? Greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Thorough but quick, needed to fill position quickly after firing previous person in my position. There was one phone call screening, one interview with two people on the network operations team at network office located on Wall St, and one final interview at school I worked at with the principal and business operations manager who would be my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Examples of previous interactions and problem solving with families especially parents   Answer Question