Success Academy Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Success Academy Charter Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Success Academy Charter Schools

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools.

Interview

Applied online via their website and received a phone interview a week later. After the phone interview, there was a video interview with members of the team. The interviews were mostly centered around fit and really getting know you.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Ridiculous, doesn’t seem like they value teachers who have professional experience and training ...they want “YES” people. They want people who will just follow along their downward spiraling pattern. You can forget about what you know or what you’ve in STATE examined to know. Strange (IQ) test was given not sure if “everyone” was required to take a timed puzzle/Q&A/ personality test that canNOT determine how well I teach. This is probably a huge detriment for their organization as a way to “sift” through and find the robots they want and need.

Interview Questions

• Everyone is able to learn new skills and abilities if they really apply themselves   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Pre Work and Classroom role-play is very important for the interview. The interview was held via video call and was an hour long. Be. prepared to discuss the pre work.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenging time in your life and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was 45 mins. It began with her asking me about myself and why I was interested in the teaching position. We then talked about the prework material videos. We then moved on to classroom roleplay. Afterward, I gave myself feedback, and then she gave me some feedback. She then asked me a series of questions related to teaching at Success.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

ideo interview through Bluejeans program // I had to write a central idea with two pieces of evidence on a short poem beforehand, watch 4 videos, and plan how I would launch a lesson on independent reading // My interviewer walked me through all the steps and asked questions about my noticing on the videos... had me perform the launch and listen to feedback about the launch... she didn't talk about my short poem answer so I guess that was just a competency check

Interview Questions

• How do you think the feedback (on my launch of the lesson) will improve your instruction?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

It never happened. They had to reschedule me due to the protests and only notified me about 8pm the night before and said that my interview was moved to the next day. I had emailed them and called them about my schedule and how I'm an essential worker and could not possibly take off work of such short notice. Talk about unprofessional, when I emailed and call it was right after I had heard from them and the person in charge of the interviewing process emailed me back a whole 5 DAYS LATER saying that they were no longer looking to fill any positions for the time being and that if they wanted me they will keep my info in their system.

Whatever you do, don't apply. They are clearly hungry and struggling and I know for us recent education grads we're looking and desperate for anything but with these reviews plus the teacher turnover, it is really worth your mental health? I think I dodged a bullet with this one.

New Teacher Interview

Application

Interview

It was an hour long phone call with a very nice, young woman. She started off telling me some about the school and then we went through the exact questions that were sent to me beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a teacher starting a lesson and act it out.   Answer Question

Associate Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online through WayUp and had an initial phone screening as well as a short online assessment (things like pattern recognition) with them before being passed off to the Success Academy recruiter. They sent me videos of Success Academy teachers at work to prepare for the interview. I was also asked to prepare a 2 minute classroom role-play.

The interview itself was almost an hour, but was relaxed. The role-play was one-sided (the recruiter told me she would not be engaging because she had to take notes), so I was asked to pretend a student acted up at some point during the role-play and address it accordingly. Afterwards she asked how I thought I did and what I could have done differently. I got an phone call with an offer a a couple days later.

The total process was long, but that includes the WayUp back-and-forth, as well as a long wait for the interview (they were pretty booked, but I was given options within a couple weeks). I also had a week's delay due to an error with WayUp's online assessment.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in May 2020.

Interview

The interview started off with talking about my experiences working in the field of education. Then I had to present a 3 minute Independent Reading lesson. After, the interviewer expressed what went well and things that I could have done. Also, she asked me what I would have done differently. Prior to the interview I had to watch 4 videos of teachers from Success Academy in the classroom. She asked for me to provide feedback. Then I was asked a series of questions related to teaching. At the end, I had the opportunity to ask questions about Success Academy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had difficulty with a colleague and how did you hand it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was invited to interview following an informational phone call. The interview process involves assuming the role of a teacher with prepared interview materials.