Summa Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Summa Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

One hour phone call with the hiring Director of Solutions Consulting. The last thing he said was that they would definitely let me know the outcome of the process as he strongly believed it was important not to leave a candidate wondering the decision. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• He talked more about the group and the company. I can remember him asking too many questions and none of them stuck out.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburg, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR staff member. Basic phone screen where you reviewed your work experience and skills. After the phone interview, an online behavioral test was emailed. It took about a month for an update to arrive that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you improved an operational process for a business.   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Summa Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

Total process took about two months. I had a personal referral for the position so I had an initial conversation over the phone with one of the senior leadership. Then had two rounds of in person discussions with the head of HR and the CEO. Finally a full day internal with the senior leadership team (five interviews of about an hour each).

Overall was a positive experience. HR was very helpful during the process, and I was impressed with everyone's level of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to deliver bad news to a client or manager.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Summa Technologies in December 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the HR and then A phone interview with a Designer (team member). Next a design challenge followed by a presentation of the design challenge at a group interview.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Summa Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call for request for an onsite interview and a follow up to accept the offer. Very basic they want you to want to work for them and have an idea of the product.

Interview Questions

• What's your work experience?
      What do we do?
      What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

1. Started with 1.5 hours Q&A and needed to draw UML or diagrams; Met three devs for technical 1:1.
    2. Met managements for organizational information, ans mentioned the job I applied for may be demoted to lower level;
    3. Management described the company fast-growing and successful;
    4.From submitting online app to on-site it took 3-4 weeks;
    5.One of three interviewee didn't prepare for the interview questions;

Interview Questions

• Be asked to review code, threading handling, design patterns.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. First, a technical screen by phone is completed. This is somewhat informal... the questions do not go too 'deep', but can be challenging. Next you are given a 'behavior/personality exam' of sorts. If you make the cut you interview at the main office and over the course of the day you will meet with 3, 4 or 5 veterans of the company. This is a LONG interview process and you should expect to spend the whole day there. You will be given a written technical exam, you will meet with several technical people and given problems to 'talk out'. During lunch your "people skills" are assessed. Finally you will meet with the head of operations to learn more about the company and how things might work moving forward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

All day interview after an initial phone screen from HR. Written test followed by meetings with Sales, Senior Management, lunch with a PM and a final interview with the hiring manager who is head of the Summa PMO

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver bad news to an executive.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Summa Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen with an HR recruiter, then a phone screen with a technical person, then took a personality test, then had 1 on 1 interviews with several management and technical people

Interview Questions

• There were some questions which had many possible answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was using a staffing agency and joining as contract-to-hire, there was no negotiation.