Support.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Support.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.1

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Support.com in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website, and then short exam making sure you can follow simple directions. They email to schedule a phone call. Asked general questions about customer support experience, example how you'd walk someone through common issues, and an example of how you'd upsell an item.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Support.com (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and the person made you feel comfortable they asked a lot of different questions some related to the job you would be doing some social. They ask that you be in front of your computer to answer some.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a modem and a router   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

You answer about 40 questions then select the time you want to have your hone interview. The phone interview consists of basic computer questions and customer service situation questions. Questions about availability are asked as well

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com in October 2016.

Interview

The entire process takes a few weeks. You start with an online personality/skills test. Then there is a phone interview. A week or so after that you get a call and email of acceptance with paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Brownsville, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

they call, ask questions like you are an experienced pro. Basically they are "feeling you out" to see if you "talk the talk" ... aka speak "geek" fluently or just pretending. Just be yourself

Interview Questions

• questions are what have you done? What problems have you encountered? how did you resolve these problems for example setup a wireless printer, connect your big screen TV 50 feet away in the back bedroom to your router -- ie hint wireless extender   1 Answer
    • they ask what brand of computer you are using. They also ask if you are using anything like VMware, Virtualbox, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it. they have 50 people behind you wanting a job. so many people unemployed and unemployment ending that they can pick and choose who they like.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two calls, both very short in length; basically a review of technical requirements for your pc. If you had that, as well as an employment gap-free history, they were interested.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

they asked ya few question and there's a test for it also.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Redwood City, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Answered their craigslist ad with resume. Got phone call to schedule first round interview. Basic tech questions, nothing tricky. Got a second call shortly after first, again, nothing tricky.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com.

Interview

Responded to an add on craigslist and received an email back from the Human Resources department a couple of days later requesting my resume (again) and asking to take a pre-employment competency timed test via an affiliated website.

The test was timed and could be taken at any time and if I remember correctly required about 30 minutes.

Test consisted of about 10 short answer questions that ranged from the basics of Microsoft Windows Registry, to some specific information about a 10 year old uncommon PC virus, to common sense customer service questions such as "what to do if you have to deal with an irate customer?" The tech part of the test almost purposely consisted of questions that are not common knowledge and would require research (quick google skills) to answer. That is exactly what I and a friend who got hired shortly after me did and passed the test with flying colors.

I later found out that my suspicions were exactly right. Since quick research skills are a huge part of the Solutions Engineer role, the pre-employment test was designed to test ones ability to google (kind of laughable).

Once you complete the test, you submit it and do not receive a score or any kind of affirmation that you did well or did poorly. I completed my test within a 1/3rd of the allotted time and spent a few minutes re-reading my answers. It seemed easy.

A couple of days later, I received another email from the HR department asking me to call in and set up a phone interview. I called right after I received the email and setup a phone interview for the following day.

The phone interview was scheduled for an hour time slot. I was to wait for my interviewer to call me on my cell phone at 2pm. At about 2:05, my phone finally rang and my phone interview began with a male representative of support.com that mostly sounded like a salesman. He asked me a few tech questions (seemed as if he was reading them out of a book) and the rest of the interview consisted of "will I fit the environment" interrogation. Again these were very simple common sense questions such as what to do when someone is angry or swearing, how to explain to a 5 year old what the address bar in internet explorer is and so forth.

We wrapped up the interview about 15 minutes early and laughing as I cracked a joke about something techie (I cannot remember what it was about) and I was told I will receive an email letting me know of the results.

About two days later, I received an offer letter and a start date inquiry with an official contract.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about this whole process. If you have a technological / computer background, you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. New company, offer was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Took an online timed test with computer questions. Had two phone interviews. The first phone interview was just asking questions about me and my background. The second phone interviewer asked technical questions that I had to google the answers for and not have any dead air.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Blaster and Sasser infections.   1 Answer