Support.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.0

Remote Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Remote, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Nice Lady on the other side. Mock customer related questions some were Wi- fi and technology related.Asked if you are dealing with old person on the call how would you explain router.

Interview Questions

• Technical/ Customer related. Mock Customer related, Technical and Wi-Fi related questions.   Answer Question

Remote Services Technician — US Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attalla, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Attalla, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through their website and at the end had the opportunity to schedule an interview and then someone contacted me by phone. The phone interview consisted of a variety of basic computer skills and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• If a customer called and said they were having a problem with their internet working, what would be the first thing you would tell them?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Support.com in December 2017.

Interview

Was a phone call where we went over my computer specs and they did a couple mock calls, discussed what the company does. Very friendly but professional interview. Went over possible shift settings, wages. Asked some tech questions.

Personal Technology Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Lansing, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

You fill out an online application and then they email you so that you can schedule your own interview. They then call you promptly at the time that you had scheduled for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a really bad situation you had while doing technical support and what you did to turn the call around.   1 Answer

Personal Technology Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havelock, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Havelock, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out application online and within one day I got an email to do online assessment that consisted of 5 questions. After that I was selected to continue with a phone interview with a hiring manager which lasted about 1.5 hrs. I was asked 7 standard IT questions, and had to go into depth with my answers. Then I was asked about the question on the test, and the interviewer had me go into depth even more about the answer I submitted there. It wasn't hard but it wasn't easy for me either. I know some folks only had a few tech question but my interviewer asked me about 20. I was hired on the spot after satisfactorily answering everything for the most part correct.

Interview Questions

• Why was the Sasser Virus and Blaster Virus so unique for its time?
      How would you simply explain defragging a HDD.
      Where is the IP stack in the OSI model?
      What is the first thing you do before starting malware removal.
      Whats the difference between WEP and WPA
      What is a rootkit
      What does the "root" in rootkit mean.
      what are the advantages of NTFS over FAT32
      what drove companies to make NTFS
      How do you find the IP address of a router
      How do you explain to the customer where to find it
      What Network Services software are used to communicate with other machines on a network.
      This is not all there were more some a little more difficult   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. They called at the exact time they said they would. Interviewer was friendly. I am waiting for HR to let me know if I got a job offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for support.com   1 Answer

Remote Services Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com in August 2017.

Interview

They called exactly when they said they would, told me to write down to web addresses to websites I frequent on an as needed basis. They then had me open up a program that gives a basic overview of my current hardware and graphics settings.

Interview Questions

• What is your screen resolution currently as being shown in Speccy?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com in August 2017.

Interview

A man called me, we spoke and did a few roleplay technical support scenarios. He then asked me if i had obligations during the day, explained what mine were and said I would most likely get a day off during the week, and a floating day after that.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel with sales?   1 Answer

RST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Pensacola, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview, took maybe 20 minutes. During training I seriously wondered how one or two of the people got past the interview as they were extremely tech illiterate.

Interview Questions

• How to log in to wireless router/modem

How you went above and beyond for a customer

What Windows and third party applications you use on a regular basis   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

You answer about 40 questions then select the time you want to have your hone interview. The phone interview consists of basic computer questions and customer service situation questions. Questions about availability are asked as well