Support.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Support.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2018

2.1

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Support.com in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website, and then short exam making sure you can follow simple directions. They email to schedule a phone call. Asked general questions about customer support experience, example how you'd walk someone through common issues, and an example of how you'd upsell an item.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Support.com (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and the person made you feel comfortable they asked a lot of different questions some related to the job you would be doing some social. They ask that you be in front of your computer to answer some.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a modem and a router   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Brownsville, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

they call, ask questions like you are an experienced pro. Basically they are "feeling you out" to see if you "talk the talk" ... aka speak "geek" fluently or just pretending. Just be yourself

Interview Questions

• questions are what have you done? What problems have you encountered? how did you resolve these problems for example setup a wireless printer, connect your big screen TV 50 feet away in the back bedroom to your router -- ie hint wireless extender   1 Answer
    • they ask what brand of computer you are using. They also ask if you are using anything like VMware, Virtualbox, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it. they have 50 people behind you wanting a job. so many people unemployed and unemployment ending that they can pick and choose who they like.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com in October 2016.

Interview

The entire process takes a few weeks. You start with an online personality/skills test. Then there is a phone interview. A week or so after that you get a call and email of acceptance with paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

You answer about 40 questions then select the time you want to have your hone interview. The phone interview consists of basic computer questions and customer service situation questions. Questions about availability are asked as well

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two calls, both very short in length; basically a review of technical requirements for your pc. If you had that, as well as an employment gap-free history, they were interested.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Support.com (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

It was audio over the phone. The recruiter was mainly interested in my basic troubleshooting abilities as well as how well I could sell a product I didn't care about. He gave me a situation where we pretended he couldn't access the internet through his computer and another situation where I had to sell an electronic lock. it was a pretty casual conversation and he even made comments like "wow sometimes I just have to drag it out of people" so it seemed like basically anyone could get the job. Don't worry about the years of "experience" that they require you to have. I'm fresh out of high school and they hired me even though I'd only been a lifeguard before.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different electronic devices you use daily in your life?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com.

Interview

Their interview process is very inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary, as to what will land you the job or not. There was a lot of tech knowledge questions for my position however my friend who had same position said they barely went over tech with him. Another friend of mine was asked a question that he could only know if he already had a job with Support.com, and wasn't hired because he answered wrong, not very fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they don't negotiate they tell you what they will give you and you accept or decline they don't really care to make you happy they can outsource you.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

Four phone interviews & finally got hired. About a month so if you need a job right away look elsewhere. Luckily I was employed when I was interviewed or I would have been out of luck

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Took an online timed test with computer questions. Had two phone interviews. The first phone interview was just asking questions about me and my background. The second phone interviewer asked technical questions that I had to google the answers for and not have any dead air.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Blaster and Sasser infections.   1 Answer