Support.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.0

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Abilene, TX).

Interview

The interview process was verification of required equipment and a technical interview that lasted approximately one hour. Following the interview an extensive background check is required. This process can take several weeks. You may receive an email or phone call for information verification. After the background check if all is clear you will receive and email with a training start date.

Interview Questions

• What does the %2 mean when it appears in a registry entry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard for a remote/virtual position: 1 phone interview and 1 video conference interview. These both went very smoothly until I was asked the strangest question with the worst wording I have ever heard.

Interview Questions

• The strangest question I've ever been asked by any interviewer was from this company. The question was: "Name one quality of yours that would prevent me from hiring you."
      The last time I checked a "quality" is a positive. I can't think of why a positive aspect would prevent anyone from being hired. The question is worded in terrible way making it nearly impossible to answer without sounding flippant.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The link for the job was shared by my friend. I applied online for Remote Services Technician post. Made login and inserted including all educational and experience background. Once the information was submitted, there was a technical test which was related to simple basic computer knowledge and two flow diagrams which needed to be interpreted and answer the question and which was easy and they gave 23 minutes to complete it.

When the technical test is passed, they gave you the option to selected the interview dates and time slots which suits you best and when it is done, interview is scheduled on phone. It takes hardly 45 minutes to complete the whole process.

Finally after the interview is completed, he said I does not match the specifications they require but asked are you willing to upgrade if we hire you. And also continued We have all of the information we need at this time. You will be contacted regarding the next steps if you are moved forward in the process.

Overall, interview went fine, the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for online job?   Answer Question
    • Open notepad and write two websites, that check the speed of the internet and the specifications of your system.

PS: A complete thorough test will be made of your system and later the interviewer also ask you to send him the screenshot of the specs.
      Answer Question
    • Do you have any customer services experience?   Answer Question
    • He pretended to be a customer and asked me to respond his call. During mock call, he was having internet connection problem and I have to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Which software you use in daily life?   Answer Question

Remote Services Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Support.com in January 2017.

Interview

They called at scheduled time, very friendly, went over job description and then asked to do role playing - he pretended to be angry older man who was on the phone for too long - that was it. all i had to say is "thank you for calling support,com, this is blahblah speaking, how can i help you?" and, after hearing the issue say something like "i am sorry to hear that, dont worry i will fix that for you". and second part was helping him to locate router and explaining what a router is.

Interview Questions

• what is a router, how do you change a password for internet access, are you familiar with older versions of windows   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Redwood City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was only one interview and it was over the phone. It lasted about 20 minutes, although I was told to expect it to last an hour. Most of the questions regarded customer service. Very few of them were designed to determine my level of technical knowledge, which I was surprised about. The interviewer talked very fast and was sometimes difficult to understand. He repeated at least four times that the four week training required 100% attendance and asked if I could commit to that all four times. That was a little annoying--ask the question once and move on. When finished, he told me that someone would be in touch within a few days for a second interview if they were interested in moving forward. I never got a second interview, but did receive an offer via email a few days later. I wasn't crazy about the interview. It seemed rushed. It also seemed that they were most interested in whether I would commit to 100% attendance for the training period. Honestly, at the end of the interview, I thought the whole thing might be a scam.

Interview Questions

• If a customer told you that she could not connect to her wifi, what would you tell her to do?   1 Answer

Remote Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Support.com (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I emailed my resume and went online to complete job application. Was emailed back in a day or two requesting a day time for interview. A few days later got call for interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer question is outside the scope of your support?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Support.com (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied at support.com, filled in the application and some very east technical questions like name some browsers...etc got a call next day and the interview was very quick and very the questions are seamless.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer is calling with his internet service down?   1 Answer

Remote Support Tech RST Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com in December 2016.

Interview

The person conducting the interview had no idea how to read the clock speed on equipment. I was wrongly told that the equipment doesn't meet the requirements to move forward.

The person they have conducting the technical interview is unaware that processors are designed to idle well below capacity? The 2016 Macbook Air for example idles at 1.6 or 2.2 GHz.

Interview Questions

• Various questions concerning networking and printer set up.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Support.com (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

After you pass the skills assessment online and meet the equipment requirements they schedule a phone interview. It's not a very long interview process and they have a high turn over rate.

Interview Questions

• Basic how would you handle an unhappy customer question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Support.com (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied, took the testing required and received and email few days later to set up an appointment for a phone interview. I still haven't had the interview but will update once I'm interviewed