SurePayroll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SurePayroll Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person, then a personality test. Then a second in person interview with 2 sales reviews. Then you have to learn about the sales model. The whole process takes a while, and several days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL).

Interview

Applied online, received email to complete an assessment, passed assessment, completed a video interview, them phone interview and finally a face to face interview with the manager and supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Process started off promising but then kinda feel flat. Phone interview,same day called for in person. In person great , same day called or 2nd in person went so so .. Then radio silence until I get a generic we went with other people email 6 days later.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll in November 2015.

Interview

The process was great....it was very smooth interview with HR representative followed up by meeting with sales managers am VP. Very thorough interview process one of the better experiences I've had overall.

Interview Questions

• primarily behavioral interview.....but be prepared for questions you may not expect.   Answer Question

The opportunity was great but the base pay was at the poverty level. We'll below the living wage for the Chicago metro area. Commission sounded very attractive but I know very we'll that commission structures change. If the base was more competitive or negotiable I would have accepted. Most people would be unable to support themselves off the base salary alone.

Probably a great job for someone right out of college that doesn't have a lot of experience and no other financial responsibility.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Rec'd a call from a Recruiter, great lady very nice. She scheduled a face to face interview with a DSM. Face to Face interview lasted around 40 mins, typical interview questions. The DSM had 2 pages of questions, kind of bounced around the questions. DSM gave off a feeling he wanted the "text book" answer to his questions. When giving an answer that wasn't "normal" it showed on his face.

The DSM said the have a "Blackout Period" no Time Off from December to end of February, soon as they said that I had no interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• They ask a bunch of questions regarding winning and losing, in the corporate world and in your personal life. Asked if I like losing, also asked what motivates you?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by two in person interviews and employee job shadow. During the in person interview I met with both sales managers. They asked many questions about competing and my determination.

Interview Questions

Not a match for me career goals.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two in-person interviews with District Sales Managers. One of the in-person interviews included 2 hours of job shadowing, which was helpful in understanding a typical day. A personality test was issued (online), as well as a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What about our organization interests you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $30k base + commission and quarterly bonuses. The money is there to be earned, but it takes a considerable amount of time to build up to the earnings beyond the base (6 months).

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

step one phone screen conducted by internal recruiter
    Step two sales and personality assessment needed to complete (McQuaig)
    Step 3 interview with one or multiple managers that would be your peers
    Step 4 interview with VP of Sales onsite
    Step 5 interview with CEO of company onsite

Interview Questions

• Interviews use the STAR method (Situation,Task,Action,Result) and are used to drill into specific situations you have personally achieved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, some online testing, two in person interviews, a shadow program for about two hours where I shadowed two sales reps, then a final interview. The final interview was with the VP of sales in Chicago.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I liked everyone I interviewed with and talked to, that is why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about motivation, why I like a competitive field and what things have proven that in my life.   Answer Question
    • They wanted to ensure that I am interested in sales and that I would be dedicated for a career compared to just a job after graduation.   Answer Question
    • They like it if you can hold your own in a conversation, and even keep the interviewer interested in other things that are not directly related to the questions being asked.   Answer Question

Lead Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SurePayroll in January 2015.

Interview

More than the interview, I have a diminished respect for companies that use outdated applicant systems with total disregard to privacy and flexibility. This company uses an tool call 'APPONE' that is not at all user friendly. It is like submitting the candidate details into a blackhole and can't even see what has been submitted. Frustrating and hopeless apps. Wonder when we would have a ATS systems that are smarter and more candidate friendly or maybe the whole sourcing process should be automated to disintermediate and eliminate the lethargic and hands-off recruiting department. Atleast companies can save money and have better candidate experience.