SurePayroll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SurePayroll Interview Questions

Interviews at SurePayroll

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I initially applied through LinkedIn, and was redirected to the Surepayroll website where I applied directly for the position, I received an email from an Paychex recruiter a day later, looking to schedule some time to talk about my experience and the position! He apparently liked me and was moved along to the next step which was a phone interview with the District manger, and was sent a test to take, to see if I fit the culture. Next step was an in person interview, and that was two interviews with two different DSM's, moved to the next step which was a real live job shadow with two different top reps and then a final interview that same day with the sales manager, and I was offered the position on spot after the interview, so having patients and sticking around pays off!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by two in person interviews and employee job shadow. During the in person interview I met with both sales managers. They asked many questions about competing and my determination.

Interview Questions

Not a match for me career goals.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Rec'd a call from a Recruiter, great lady very nice. She scheduled a face to face interview with a DSM. Face to Face interview lasted around 40 mins, typical interview questions. The DSM had 2 pages of questions, kind of bounced around the questions. DSM gave off a feeling he wanted the "text book" answer to his questions. When giving an answer that wasn't "normal" it showed on his face.

The DSM said the have a "Blackout Period" no Time Off from December to end of February, soon as they said that I had no interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• They ask a bunch of questions regarding winning and losing, in the corporate world and in your personal life. Asked if I like losing, also asked what motivates you?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll in November 2015.

Interview

The process was great....it was very smooth interview with HR representative followed up by meeting with sales managers am VP. Very thorough interview process one of the better experiences I've had overall.

Interview Questions

• primarily behavioral interview.....but be prepared for questions you may not expect.   Answer Question

The opportunity was great but the base pay was at the poverty level. We'll below the living wage for the Chicago metro area. Commission sounded very attractive but I know very we'll that commission structures change. If the base was more competitive or negotiable I would have accepted. Most people would be unable to support themselves off the base salary alone.

Probably a great job for someone right out of college that doesn't have a lot of experience and no other financial responsibility.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL).

Interview

1. Multiple rounds of interview
    2. Learn about the company as much as you can before you interview
    3. Be specific when explaining your past experience

Negotiation

Was given only one offer in a take it or leave it kind of way.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, some online testing, two in person interviews, a shadow program for about two hours where I shadowed two sales reps, then a final interview. The final interview was with the VP of sales in Chicago.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I liked everyone I interviewed with and talked to, that is why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about motivation, why I like a competitive field and what things have proven that in my life.   Answer Question
    • They wanted to ensure that I am interested in sales and that I would be dedicated for a career compared to just a job after graduation.   Answer Question
    • They like it if you can hold your own in a conversation, and even keep the interviewer interested in other things that are not directly related to the questions being asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two in-person interviews with District Sales Managers. One of the in-person interviews included 2 hours of job shadowing, which was helpful in understanding a typical day. A personality test was issued (online), as well as a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What about our organization interests you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $30k base + commission and quarterly bonuses. The money is there to be earned, but it takes a considerable amount of time to build up to the earnings beyond the base (6 months).

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

First there was a call with a recruiter. I think the job was posted on career builder or on LinkedIn. Then there was an in person interview with one of the sales managers. Then there was another interview with another one of the managers. Then there was a final interview with the VP of sales

Interview Questions

• "Given the numbers 1 to 1,000, what is the minimum number of guesses needed to find a specific number, if you are given the hint 'higher' or 'lower' for each guess you make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person with the channel sales manager and then the national sales manager. Followed up with a meeting with the vice president of sales. After that the sales manager called with the offer and they gave me about a week to think about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SurePayroll (Glenview, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person, then a personality test. Then a second in person interview with 2 sales reviews. Then you have to learn about the sales model. The whole process takes a while, and several days.