Swedish Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Swedish

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 138 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swedish (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2020

Interview

An HR rep called pretty quickly. Instead of emailing and scheduling a time to speak for 30 minutes, she called and launched in to questions that are more typical of a longer interview. (Describe a time you met a challenge; Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult colleague; the standard list) She responded to some serious responses with "ok no worries" or " no problem" and seemed to be rushing me. Sorry, ask a serious question, get a serious answer. She stated I was being forwarded to a hiring manager... then the next day I received a rejection email. It was just an odd experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you met a challenge
    1 Answer
  • "How did you hear about Swedish?" ...it is a huge institution in Seattle, not exactly under the radar.
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Swedish (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2020

Interview

Emailed and scheduled the interview time. I emailed the dates and the times I will be available and they accomodated to my schedule because I had school. Then the interview was scheduled and I got an email regarding the date and the time.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths? How do you handle conflict? What do you add to the team?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Swedish (United States)

Interview

The interviewers didn't carefully look at my application. I don't think they knew I'm a disabled person, from their printout of my application and resume. Maybe I should've told them I'm Autistic.

Interview Questions
  • Am I comfortable cleaning up human waste
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swedish (United States)

Interview

Applied online with cover letter and resume attached. I got a phone call from the recruiter for a phone interview and that went well and I was called in for an in person interview with hiring manager and charge nurse. They asked me critical thinking questions as well as basic medical questions.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a conflict with a coworker or a patient/family member?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Swedish (Edmonds, WA) in Oct 2019

Interview

It was long!! I am still going through the interview process, and it has been 3 months. Started with video interviews, then an an person, just waiting on the next steps now. Hopefully soon, because I would really love to work here.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swedish (Portland, OR) in Oct 2019

Interview

First, contacted by HR via phone which takes about 20~30 mins Then I got a email informing me to come in for in-person interview about 5 days later. Interview was for 1 hour and basic questions were asked.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swedish (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2019

Interview

One hour panel interview with two pharmacists and pharmacy director. As has been my experience in all pharmacies, the interview was disorganized, there was cross-talk and arguing amongst the interviewers, as pharmacists used the opportunity to power-trip and bicker with each other. One pharmacist was particularly disruptive and 20 min into my interview, I was reminded of all the reasons I left inpatient pharmacy work to begin with. Utterly unprofessional environment and HR really should sit in on all interviews.

Interview Questions
  • One pharmacist asked if my current job was a conflict of interest with the position and derailed the entire interview fixating on this point.
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swedish (Seattle, WA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online and received an email inviting me to interview. It was simple and straightforward. Was interviewed by the director of rehab and a physical therapist. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swedish (Edmonds, WA)

Interview

I applied online as an experienced RN. I recieved an email 4 weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. The interview was set for about a week out. I rearranged my current work schedule to get off work early enough to complete the phone interview. I left work early that day and arrived home with about 20 minutes to spare to review my notes before the phone call. I looked at my phone only to realize HR had called me 30 minutes prior to my scheduled interview and left a VM saying if I was still interested to call and/or email. I immediately checked my email to make sure I didn't mess up on the time and sure enough, I was not the one who made the mistake. I called back right away and the call went to voicemail. I left a professional message apologizing for missing her call and explained I was still very interested in the position. I figured maybe she would realize her mistake and call me at the correct time. 4pm (the agreed upon phone interview) came and went. My heart sank. I emailed around 4:30 once again apologizing and looking to reschedule. HR got back to me the following business day but explained she couldn't reschedule me for another week and a half. Okay, I really wanted the job so I patiently waited for the interview. I emailed a day prior to confirm our time. This time, she called at the correct time. She asked about my previous experience, had 3 behavioral based questions for me, and asked if I had any questions. I had several questions, all of which she said she didn't know the answer and said I would have to ask at the in person interview. She then told me if she felt I met the qualifications she would forward my application to the hiring manager, but an in person interview would be at least a week and a half out. She also informed me they do a 10-panel drug screen (totally fine I guess) which included nicotine and alcohol. I'm sorry, it just seems ridiculous. I realize the hiring process can take time but several months? And a drug test for nicotine and alcohol? I've never even heard of that. This organization seems very disorganized, HR doesn't own up to their mistakes (somehow I felt guilty for missing HR's phone call when they screwed up the time), and a bit intrusive for drug testing for totally legal substances. This seems so be a sign and maybe speak to the bigger picture. Sorry Swedish, I don't want to work for you guys that bad. Applied at another hospital last weekend, got an in person interview within 5 days, and was hired on the spot today. I think I'll go with the facility that actually wants me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with another coworker?
  • Tell me about a particularly difficult patient you've had.
  • What's one example where you went above and beyond for a patient?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swedish (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Applied online, phone interview then followed by in-person interview. Five References check next day. In-person interview was extremely easy. Clinical supervisor was nice and friendly. Still waiting for a call or email

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 138