Symetra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a little bit long, but overall very inviting and thorough. The recruiter was very careful to find the right role for me, even though it wasn't what I had initially applied for.
    My in-person interview was with 3 people, but they were very kind and it felt more like a discussion than an interview.
    My 2nd in-person interview was with the rest of the team, which was also not overwhelming at all. Everyone was so nice and just seemed very open minded and excited about what they do and what I could add to the team. Wonderful experience! By the time it was over I was very sure that I wanted to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch industries? (Engineering to Insurance)   1 Answer

Agency Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with 2 very nice and friendly gentlemen that made me feel at ease during the entire interview. The whole interview took less than an hour and I left there feeling good about my prospects with this company.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest strength?   1 Answer

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 interviews with HR - James Guzman, interview with management team (offsite) and in person interview with management team

Overall, the interview process was standard. Only area of suggestion, would be to call the candidate if they are not offered the position after going through the whole interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a ~45 min conversation with a recruiter--she asked me some of the usual questions (What interested you in Symetra?) along with a few questions about prior experience ("tell me about a time when"-style questions, and she wanted me to talk about specific instances).
    After that, I had to do a "skills assessment" which was a simulation of being a customer service rep. Pretty easy.
    Later, I had two 30-minute interviews with two different teams who were hiring (over video chat due to distance). I got an offer after providing references and meeting with someone from the company in person for a quick chat.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you the most satisfied at work?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a time when you had to handle an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Q: How do you develop relationships with customers when you can only talk with them over the phone?   Answer Question
    • Q: Asked me to explain unemployment gap of around 9 months   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Symetra in February 2017.

Interview

I went on a company's tour then contacted the recruiter and asked if they would be interested to schedule a phone interview. Recruiter called me unexpectedly without notification, I was driving at that time had to pull over, and basically was answering interview questions without any preparation and my resume in front of me. After the recruiter found out that I was a foreigner I could feel the negative vibes. Never heard from them again.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Symetra (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

A few phone calls and a fly in interview to meet with key management and HR. Very friendly! Most comfortable interview I have ever had. Outstanding environment and friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to join their company   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

The entire process was nothing but professional. I first heard about this position on indeed.com and went ahead and applied. After a couple of days, my recruiter, James reached out and we set up a quick call to go over the position and see if was still interested.

After the call was over, We set up a phone interview which lasted about 30 mins. Within the next day or so, James had told me that they'd like to move forward with on onsite interview with the hiring manager.

The onsite was a one-on-one and lasted about 45 minutes. It was a very great experience, and she was extremely friendly. A couple days later, James informed me that they'd like me to submit a project (I had to create a flyer promoting Symetra life insurance)

After this step, I had one final onsite interview which lasted a couple hours. The first hour was with the executive Vice President of the benefits division (very friendly man, it was less interview and more conversation) the second hour was with my future team members (in my case, 2 people) both were very friendly and great to chat with.

About a day or so after, James called me to let me know that they would be checking my references. And shortly after that he extended my offer letter.

This whole process was been a great experience! Shout out to James, my recruiter, who was always so prompt in reaching out to me when I had questions and guiding me along the way.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions.

Tell me about a time when...
      Do you have experience with...
      Time management questions
      Etc.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great and I didn't feel like I needed to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I worked with a representative from HR who did my scheduling. I had a phone interview with the manager for the team and then was brought in to meet the team in person. I was not told prior that a majority of the team would be teleconferenced in which was not a problem but just something that is good to know ahead of time.
    I was told the decision would be made quickly and I would be contacted the next week. When I never received any communication I reached out to the HR rep via email and never heard back. A couple days later I emailed the manager I had met regarding the status and again, never received a response.
    I find it to be very unprofessional, especially for such a large company, to not follow up with an interviewed candidate. It was particularly unprofessional, in my opinion, to not even respond to an email with a no, you did not get the job. When job candidates take time to come interview with the company I believe they deserve the common courtesy of a follow up, even if the answer is negative.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symetra (Enfield, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

I have only finished the first round of interviews with the HR representative, and I am waiting to hear back to see if the hiring manager wants to interview with me. Typical behavioral type questions, overall positive experience, but he only asked me about my most recent job experience and ignored the other 15 years that I bring to the table. I was able to bring up this other valuable experience at the end of the interview when he asked if there was anything I wanted to discuss about my experience that we hadn't yet touched upon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to succeed in a task at your most recent position   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick: less than a week went by between the time the HR rep called me, 2 phone screens and then my in person interview. I found the folks the at Symetra to be friendly and accommodating. The skills assessment was more difficult than I had anticipated, especially in light of how the job duties had been described to me.