Symetra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Symetra

2.7

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

I already was working in the position, so my group already knew my work. I still interviewed with HR and with the VP and managers of our group to ensure I would be a good fit for the company overall. The VP was interested in my personality profile as it related within the meyers briggs test because I would be working closely with the VP. The managers were interested in learning how I would contribute to the overall function of the group once I was hired permanently.

Interview Questions

• what was your most difficult project in another job you have had and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was long. I have waited a long time for their responses. I had phone screen and then after a week I was invited for an interview. I was supposed to be contacted after about 3 weeks but even though I sent an email after 5 weeks asking about it I've not heard back yet (9 weeks).

Interview Questions

• What is important to remember about when you design a website?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process began with a brief, straightforward screening with the Human Resources department. HR was supportive and transparent throughout the process; also assistive and efficient in scheduling and coordinating interviews. Interviewers were courteous and professional and general asked questions regarding work-related experiences, problem solving skills and other questions relating to candidates ability to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you have been asked to lead a multiple projects, and how did you achieve the projects' goals.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. Contacted by a recruiter. Was given a computer literacy exam.
    3. Contacted by recruiter again for in person interview.
    4. After in-person interview, was offered after 2 days.

Overall, the interview process was very easy. If you grew up with computers, you can land a job here at Symetra.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symetra in March 2014.

Interview

Applied both on campus and online. Brief phone interview and an on campus interview with two current Symetra employees. The interview was more so a conversation. Very relaxed and easy going. Then there was an online technical test. Hard to say how much emphasis they place on it, since I don't know how well I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very professional throughout.
    I cold applied to the job via their career website. I was contacted by an internal recruiting manager about 2 weeks later for a 30 minute phone screen. Very professional and targeted questions - salary expectations, what is my management style, even a few technical screen questions specific to the role. Immediately upon completing the phone screen I was told that a second phone screen would be set up with the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager was going on holiday, so the next stage got delayed by about a week. This was relatively informal, more of a conversation to ensure we are on the same page in terms of expectations and requirements.

A couple days later, I was invited for an onsite team interview. HR gave me names of the people I would be talking with.

I met with a total of three managers in two different meetings, including the person I spoke with on the phone. The first hour was with two managers I had not spoken with before. It felt a little like good cop/bad cop. One of the managers was their 'details' guy and pressed a little on the technical/job-specific requirements. The other guy asked more about soft skills. A mix of behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when") and more general and common questions such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" I learned in this interview about some additional expectations for the role - not totally unexpected but a larger part of the role than I had anticipated. I struggled a bit to address the concerns as I wasn't prepared for this line of questioning.

I then met with the manager I spoke with on the phone. This was essentially a continuation of our earlier phone conversation, in order to learn more about the role and my skills. I think he asked maybe one direct question.

Some of the managers would be traveling the following week, so I was told that it would be a couple weeks before I would hear back.

Exactly on schedule, I received an email from the original HR recruiter that the team to pursue a candidate who was a better fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed to a quantifiable SLA.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

It was a phone interview and they just ask me for visa status. Also ask your research on their company and your understanding about this position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

A HR recruiter spoke with me on the phone and clarified expectations about Symetra and the position as well as getting a feel about why I wanted to join Symetra. After, an interview was set up, and I went through three 30-minute interviews with the team and the manager. A week later, the HR recruiter called again and gave an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you thought outside of the box. How do you form relationships with others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symetra.

Interview

Behavioral questions and little bit technical , make sure you revise your resume details , mostly on your past experience, go with a free mind and be confident on what you say

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symetra (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The HR reps were very professional and open to discussion about what the position was like. They brought me into the office, say me down in the smallest meeting room that could double as a broom closet and conducted the interview. Unfortunately what they were asking for was different than what they were advertising and the position was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you forced to improvise a solution to a complex problem.   Answer Question