Systems Evolution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1

Experienced Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through an ad on LinkedIn on January 24th. Got an email to set up a phone interview on Feb 5th. Initial phone interview happened on Feb 9th, it lasted 45 minutes. Phone call was a screening interview with an HR consultant, I was told that a report of my answers would be submitted to SEI for further consideration.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

Multiple interviews with various consultants. It's a lengthy process. Ultimately a valuable process for both parties. You develop a sense for mutual goals, culture, and fit. In the end, agreed it wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

The interview process was extensive, but proved useful for ensuring the right cultural and skills fit. There were AT LEAST eight interviews with different people who vetted various competencies and skills. After joining the team, it is evident that the team functions very cohesively. To many, the company is like family.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will contribute to our employee ownership model?   1 Answer

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

Very much a gauntlet process as others describe. Was told entire process would take 7 - 9 interviews, received generic cancellation email after third. Seems like first two were excellent, but last one took a nose dive... The interviewer even cut it short as soon as all her questions on a prepared list were completed. While I understand the reasoning, this was still very much a waste of my time. Based on client engagement descriptions from interviewers, they appear to use "consultant" somewhat loosely as they are probably more providing staffing augmentation than anything else. Company individuals view themselves as all important, "entreprenuerial", self managed, etc. Not sure what separates them from any other run of the mill IT services vendor out there.

Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution in June 2016.

Interview

It definitely seems like there is a misalignment between how SEI finds talent and what they really want. They can clearly see on your resume and through the first 1-2 interviews that you will/will not be a “good fit” for both the culture and role. SEI seems like a great company to work for, if you have 15+ years’ experience in technology and at least 5 years consulting.

My advice, don’t waste people's time. Read their resume and immediately identify if they even have what you are looking for on the first call or interview.

Interview Questions

• Some were extremely technical. They give examples of projects they are working on and ask how you would handle...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

As described by others. You have a phone screened interview by a consultant, then if you pass you move on to talk with the location's director - if you pass then you move into the "gauntlet" where you meet with other consultants and they decide if you are a fit.

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted twice via my work email address with a subject header of "Interesting Profile". I'm not sure how they got my work email, but I suppose that it can be guessed. I replied stating that I'm happy with my current situation, but I am always open to other opportunities and to please contact me via my LinkedIn email address. A phone interview was scheduled and occurred - see the conversation below. At the end of the conversation, I asked about the next steps and was told that it was up to me to continue the process. I agreed to continue and was told HR would be in touch. The following week I received a "no reply" email stating that they were not moving forward with interviews at this time. The week after that I received a third email at my work email with a subject header of "Final Try" indicating that they haven't heard from me and asking if I am interested in talking.

Interview Questions

• Here's how it began (I'm not kidding):
      Phone Interviewer: "How are you doing?"
      Me: "I'm doing OK."
      Phone Interviewer: "Well, that doesn't sound very positive."
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Boston, MA).

Interview

Involving. The gauntlet process is as the word implies - trial / ordeal / challenge. But it works both ways, they get to assess you whilst you get to assess them - and as process, the ten or so interviews will work equally to inform both sides if there is a good chance that we will all be a good fit.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The Gauntlet process was great. It was lengthy, however it is the perfect opportunity for SEI to determine whether I was a good fit for them and for me to do the same. More companies should spend the time to do this.

Interview Questions

• If you were placed into a client and given the opportunity to work on a project that you knew very little about, how would you feel about accepting that project and what are some of the steps you would take to get familiar with it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Systems Evolution in February 2016.

Interview

The "gauntlet" interview process is lengthy but enjoyable. If you're interested in SEI you are probably looking for an employer with great company culture. For that reason, you kind of have to appreciate the process - by the end you should both know whether or not it's a good "fit". I had 10 total interviews: 2 phone screens and 8 in-person interviews. I liked that I was able to interview with people from multiple SEI offices. The interviews were conversational - people asked about my background, challenges I have encountered, projects I managed, etc. Absolutely no one asked one of those ridiculous "how many baseballs can fit in Yankee Stadium?" type questions. Everyone was very responsive. Ex. I sent thank you notes and people actually responded. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time one of your projects didn't go well.   Answer Question