Systems Evolution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Systems Evolution Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

I interviewed in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2015. I wasn't looking for a change, but was frustrated where I was, and a previous colleague was telling me unbelievable stories about the company he was working for. I decided to give it a shot, but went in interviewing SEI as hard as they were interviewing me. The interview process gives you a lot of time to ask questions and think about the answers to then ask more questions. The interviewers reserved most of the time for you to ask any questions you have. The interviews threw me off a little, because they are not just traditional behavioral based interviews (like you would see at a large company), but after joining SEI, I can see how the interviewers are searching for the whole package in the entire interview, vs. the correct response to a specific situation-based question. The advice I would give is 1. Interview SEI as hard as they are interviewing you and 2. Bring your A-game, the entire time, for every interaction with SEI.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a large project across multiple stakeholders.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief lunch - person mostly spoke about role and didn't ask many questions from me. Promised to have me proceed to multiple other interviews known as the 'Gauntlet'. No call received, no email, no follow up. Two weeks later received a generic 'sorry, another candidate' email. Complete lack of business etiquette.

Experienced Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through an ad on LinkedIn on January 24th. Got an email to set up a phone interview on Feb 5th. Initial phone interview happened on Feb 9th, it lasted 45 minutes. Phone call was a screening interview with an HR consultant, I was told that a report of my answers would be submitted to SEI for further consideration.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

Multiple interviews with various consultants. It's a lengthy process. Ultimately a valuable process for both parties. You develop a sense for mutual goals, culture, and fit. In the end, agreed it wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

The interview process was extensive, but proved useful for ensuring the right cultural and skills fit. There were AT LEAST eight interviews with different people who vetted various competencies and skills. After joining the team, it is evident that the team functions very cohesively. To many, the company is like family.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will contribute to our employee ownership model?   1 Answer

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview

Very much a gauntlet process as others describe. Was told entire process would take 7 - 9 interviews, received generic cancellation email after third. Seems like first two were excellent, but last one took a nose dive... The interviewer even cut it short as soon as all her questions on a prepared list were completed. While I understand the reasoning, this was still very much a waste of my time. Based on client engagement descriptions from interviewers, they appear to use "consultant" somewhat loosely as they are probably more providing staffing augmentation than anything else. Company individuals view themselves as all important, "entreprenuerial", self managed, etc. Not sure what separates them from any other run of the mill IT services vendor out there.

Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution in June 2016.

Interview

It definitely seems like there is a misalignment between how SEI finds talent and what they really want. They can clearly see on your resume and through the first 1-2 interviews that you will/will not be a “good fit” for both the culture and role. SEI seems like a great company to work for, if you have 15+ years’ experience in technology and at least 5 years consulting.

My advice, don’t waste people's time. Read their resume and immediately identify if they even have what you are looking for on the first call or interview.

Interview Questions

• Some were extremely technical. They give examples of projects they are working on and ask how you would handle...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

As described by others. You have a phone screened interview by a consultant, then if you pass you move on to talk with the location's director - if you pass then you move into the "gauntlet" where you meet with other consultants and they decide if you are a fit.

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted twice via my work email address with a subject header of "Interesting Profile". I'm not sure how they got my work email, but I suppose that it can be guessed. I replied stating that I'm happy with my current situation, but I am always open to other opportunities and to please contact me via my LinkedIn email address. A phone interview was scheduled and occurred - see the conversation below. At the end of the conversation, I asked about the next steps and was told that it was up to me to continue the process. I agreed to continue and was told HR would be in touch. The following week I received a "no reply" email stating that they were not moving forward with interviews at this time. The week after that I received a third email at my work email with a subject header of "Final Try" indicating that they haven't heard from me and asking if I am interested in talking.

Interview Questions

• Here's how it began (I'm not kidding):
      Phone Interviewer: "How are you doing?"
      Me: "I'm doing OK."
      Phone Interviewer: "Well, that doesn't sound very positive."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Systems Evolution (Boston, MA).

Interview

Involving. The gauntlet process is as the word implies - trial / ordeal / challenge. But it works both ways, they get to assess you whilst you get to assess them - and as process, the ten or so interviews will work equally to inform both sides if there is a good chance that we will all be a good fit.