Systems Evolution Reviews | Glassdoor

Systems Evolution Reviews

Found 218 reviews

4.7
Bill Gallagher
Pros
  • "It is not often you find a company that understands how to grow, innovates and understands work-life balance(in 41 reviews)

• "The atmosphere of collaboration created by the employee-ownership model provides an excellent example of how a consulting company should operate(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "The interview process may seem long (and SEI is working on bringing in efficiencies here)(in 11 reviews)

• "This includes business development, recruiting and delivery(in 10 reviews)

1. "Amazing, Employee Owned Organization"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, Culture, Salary, Opportunity, Challenging Work, Family

Cons

Lack of a 401K match

Systems Evolution2019-05-20
  2. "2.5 Stars: A good job not a career"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Systems Evolution full-time

Pros

Nice consultants, decent set of clients Pretty good pay for the work once you get promoted Very social

Cons

Not a career... no where to go. With only one Managing Director per office there just isn't an opportunity, period. 90% of the work is staff augmentation not strategic project management. They talk about employee ownership which is great, but the upside is so small for newer folks is financially meaningless Haven't seen the leadership lead. That includes the CEO and local leadership

Advice to Management

What's the value proposition for new hires or established Principles without chunks of equity?

Systems Evolution2019-05-09
  3. "Good People"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Systems Evolution full-time

Pros

Good people to work with Lots of opportunities to grow and develop given the chance Interesting culture

Cons

Interesting culture almost cult-like Not a lot of diversity

Systems Evolution2019-05-07
  4. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Former Employee - Senior, Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Every consultant has access to leadership, is supported by the entire company (anyone can reach out for help and have it, usually within the hour), is treated equally with a very compensation structure, has a seat at the decision table on day 1, and has the opportunity to share one's unique talents and passions to grow the business. The culture is one of family, the interview process is slow to allow relationships...

Cons

I can't call the expectation to perform at client as well as support growing the organization to everyone's benefit a con, but it could be a consideration.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Systems Evolution2019-03-31

"Joining SEI was the best decision I could have made"

Current Employee - Business Technology Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than a year

Pros

SEI's onboarding and orientation was fantastic and fun. The people through are amazing. To have the ability to collaborate with wonderfully smart and nice people across all locations to improve the outcomes for our stakeholders is exciting. SEI offers competitive salaries, good benefits, and interesting work. I'm so glad I joined the organization.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your consultants and protect the culture - you have a winning combination right now with everything you are doing.

Systems Evolution2019-03-08
  6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Extremely valued culture that has been kept undiluted since the founder. -Everyone is very open and ready to answer questions and concerns. -SEI embodies true collaboration and rewards it. Feels like everyone is there for you. -Involvement in how the business runs and everyone is encouraged to be involved. -Ability to buy stock in the company. - You are compensated for time worked, not boxed into a salary that doesn't...

Cons

-Not being a good fit for the culture would likely be stressful, since you may feel like the odd person out. The hiring process usually filters this issue out. -There is an expectation that you are involved beyond just delivering your project. That may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the company has been built out well.

Systems Evolution2019-02-28

"The best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The company and each office are transparent. You are involved in every aspect of the business. It's refreshing to be valued as a person of the company and not a number. Collaboration throughout all offices is encouraged and you quickly get to know the majority of the company in your first few months.

Cons

No cons for me but this isn't a fit for everyone. You have to be a team player, be willing to put in hard work and have an entrepreneurial mindset.

Systems Evolution2019-02-07

"Still continues to meet my expectations"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Get to be a consultant that delivers but can also be advisory, get to control my definition of work/life balance and get to be part of a collaborative & fun team trying to grow our business together!

Cons

There are no direct Cons from my perspective but there are differences in our model versus other consulting organizations that can take some time to understand (and appreciate).

Advice to Management

While it's great to try new things that we may not have attempted before, we must stay true to who we are as an organization and understand that the steady, sustained growth will serve us best (as it has for the last 26 years).

Systems Evolution2018-12-31
  9. "Enjoy working here"

Current Employee - Business and Technology Consultant

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time

Pros

It’s only been a few months since I joined SEI, but it has been a great experience so far. SEI is a flat organization where employees are treated like family, are all equally accountable and are empowered to be owners. This when combined with a warm, welcoming and fun culture makes SEI a delight and motivates you to put your best foot forward always. SEIers are talented, humble and approachable. Though spread across...

Cons

The interview process may seem long (and SEI is working on bringing in efficiencies here). Having said that, the process is structured to give candidates an equal opportunity to interview SEI as well. From my experience, I got a good sense of the people I’ll be working with, which made my transition into SEI quite seamless.

Advice to Management

SEI’s strategic anchors have served it well and should therefore be protected

Systems Evolution2018-11-07

"Business and Technology Consultant"

Current Employee - Business and Technology Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee owned. Not “up or out”. Not cutthroat. Not political. Flat structure -no practitioner is more than 2 removed from the CEO. CEO is happy to conduct 1:1 meetings when visiting offices with whomever requests one. Expectations are high. A truly collaborative team, even across offices.

Cons

Smaller firm so not well known across industries.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the people engaging where the rubber meets the road and fostering this amazing culture!

Systems Evolution2018-09-16