TENSORCOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TENSORCOM Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TENSORCOM

Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TENSORCOM (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed back to set two phone interviews for the following week, the interviewee sent me a paper before the interview to discuss during the interview. Although the technical content of the paper was not very hard but I was not able to answer all of his questions.

FPGA Verification Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TENSORCOM.

Interview

one engineer set a skype interview with me. The question are not too hard. Ask about your resume, setup/hold time violation, fpga design flow. ask some about bit arithmatic. some question about time closure and how you get it through your design.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TENSORCOM.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews followed by multiple direct interviews. Mostly on CV and some questions related to implementation. They look for what they really want. Overall good experience related to interview.

Director Interview

Interview

Interviewers were very knowledgeable & courteous. However, they didn't show keenness on details of the project. It appeared that they just wanted to rush to get a working chip.

Negotiation

Fairly simple

RFIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TENSORCOM (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Send the resume to the company's mailbox posted on the website and hear from them soon.

No phone interview is schedule and onsite interview is directly arranged.

1st round: interview commitee consists of 6 different engineers including senior, entry-level design engineer and application engineer.

2nd round: Meet the manager.

Main interview questions cover the following subject.

1. Resume

2. Basic RF concepts like IM3, IIP3, P1dB

3. Analog Circuit Fundamentals.

Common-mode level, Op-Amp, Frequency Response.

4. Divider design

5. PLL including structure and simple question on the phase noise.

6. Test system configuration: how to use MATLAB or Labview to configure lab equipment and build up the test systm.

7. LNA, Mixer, PA

8. Microwave basics including smith chart, is the negative resistance presented in the smith chart?(One of the interview questions)

9. Ask me want to become test engineer or not?