TGI Fridays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TGI Fridays Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2018

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TGI Fridays in September 2009.

Interview

Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good Offer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Nice guy, was not really like an interview. Hired on the spot I liked him, he seemed really great, he ended up hiring me on the spot, I liked all the employees and managers, I could've never asked for an easier interview

Interview Questions

• how would I deal with wait staff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Manchester, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

it was easy went into apply and then the manager came to talk to me about the job, he asked me questions like you do you have experience and some other stuff i guess I was like i do she said okay and the rest is history

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Westbury, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

it was brief. walked in sat down with two managers. told them how awesome i was and they hired me. cant say i blame them some of the characters their seemed suspicious.

Interview Questions

• what is the longest job you held   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I walked in to ask if the location was hiring, and after confirmation I applied online. I was called back the same day, and soon after I went in for an interview. The first interview went well, and everyone I had talked to up to that point was very accomodating and friendly. I passed that one, and was set up for a second interview with the GM. He, on the other hand, was not much of a people person- I felt very uncomfortable talking with him, as he asked of me several questions I found difficult to answer (e.g. Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.)

If you want to give TGIF a shot, then I'd say go for it! When you are being interviewed, smile a lot and keep an upbeat attitude- your actions are more reflective of you than your words.

Interview Questions

• Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Two easy interviews with separate managers two days in a row. Offered position same day. Nice managers and simple process. Easy job with a great location. Seemed to be a revolving door for coworkers

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (College Station, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Easy going process where you fill out an application and bring it back and the manager will decide if he wants to call you back for an interview or interview you when you turn it in.

Interview Questions

• Describe why I would be a good fit for a first time waitress   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is intense one person I worked with applied to be a food runner and they made him run around the restaurant to see if he was fast enough. As soon as you are interviewed you find out if you got the job if you did you have to stay for a training class which takes place right after the interview process so make sure you are dress appropriately. The you will be given a booklet to learn all of the items on the menu and their ingredients which you must memorize during the course of the week.

Interview Questions

• What about myself makes me more qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TGI Fridays (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2010.

Interview

Because of the relaxed atmosphere, it should come as no surprise that my initial decision to apply at TgiFridays was based on eating there as a customer. I had come in with two friends and one of these friends was pregnant. She had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to drink; our server brought multiple drinks to her before it tasted right to her. I was impressed with the patience of the server and the willingness of the restaurant to help her find a drink. I asked to see a manager and I asked about whether they were hiring.

After the conversation with the manager, I filled out an application and the next day I had a phone call. I went through a first interview and was then passed to a second quickly. The managers asked me how I solved problems, how well I got along with others, what motivated me, and what kinds of positive reinforcement I was used to. Friday's tries to find servers who can balance very different, individualized personalities with work ethic. It is the morale of the restaurant to have servers who do not conform to the restaurants way, but who complement the business's policies in their own way. They found me suitable and I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Explain briefly a situation in which you and a supervisor disagreed on something, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a two week long training schedule that enabled me to quit my former job in good standing. I was able to negotiate a schedule that worked out perfectly.