TNTP Teaching Fellows Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TNTP Teaching Fellows

3.1

Teaching Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview was done on line. A Series of 6 questions were asked. I was given short time to prepare my response and then provided my verbal response within a set time limit. Any clitches in system were quickly remedied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (Bloomington, IN) in December 2018.

Interview

Online interview where you are given two tries to record your responses to the question given by members of the corps. The interview is six questions long and takes up to an hour depending on how much time you use to synthesize your responses. You are asked to respond to a few readings in an interview question.

Interview Questions

• How important is it for a teacher to be aware of issues like race, class, power, and identity?   Answer Question

RootsLA Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows.

Interview

It was a recorded video interview. They sent me a link after applying and gave me about a window to record the interview whenever I had time. It took about 30 minutes to complete and required the use of a webcam and microphone.

Interview Questions

• What is a teacher's responsibility in understanding race, power, and class? Why?   Answer Question
    • What strength would make you a good teacher?   Answer Question
    • Do you think guardian involvement is important in a student's success? What would you do if a guardian is not involved in a student's education?   Answer Question
    • From the readings and personal experience, how has your experience in education led to you applying to RootsLA?   Answer Question
    • It is your first day of school and during a journaling assignment, a student suddenly stands up and says "Why should we listen to you? Everyone knows you're a newbie and you don't know anything about us." What is your immediate response? How do you handle it in the long run?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The virtual phone interview was great. It was easy to navigate through the interview. It was more relaxing than the formal interview. First, there was an online application then if selected there was a virtual interview

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very Helpful and Great. I was given information about the position and how my skills would benefit if I was offered a place in the program. The phone interview went really well and I was offered a spot in the program 2 weeks later.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got an email asking me to choose a time for a phone interview, I had the phone interview and a few days, later I got an email that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• If I had students disrupting the class by using their cell phones how would I handle it?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail to do a video chat interview. The interview consisted of mostly questions about classroom scenarios where I had to answer what I would do in a particular situation. The interviewer would critique my answers and ask again.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child was on their cell phone during class?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was less than 25 minutes. Very scripted and some of the questions did not make sense at all. The interviewer was far from interested in know anything about me. Additionally, it was not clear who will be making the decision after the phone interview.

DC Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked questions like why do you want to participate in this program? How will this help you in your future aspirations? What is your prior experience? But overall the interview process was long and intense for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP Teaching Fellows (Baltimore, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy. I received an email link for a video chat interview. Not very personal and lacked in depth questions, more so a percentage answer. Sounded very scripted and lacked enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of students are your responsibility to teach?   1 Answer