TSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.9

Tsa Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Process took almost 3 hours. Had to wait for candidates who was late. A lot of wasted time sitting around when paperwork could have been started. Not organized and grumpy interviewers.

Interview Questions

• general questions not geared to individual past jobs. The interviewers was not welcoming and made it a very uncomfortable environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

You started off by taking a computer based test, then there was a test to make sure you could see colors. When you get to the interview, you are in a room with 2 HR people who ask a series of team based questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly team related question ex. how would you work in a team environment   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The two people that interviewed me at Fort Lauderdale were very unprofessional. I would have preferred other people. There was a color vision test as well. If the two people that interviewed me were truly a representation of the company, then I'm glad I dodged that one.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of behavioral questions. Study && practice the STAR method. A time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TSA (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic 3 Stage Interview process, pass or fail. Arrive early, location is a bit difficult to find. Use common sense and you will pass. Employees that were conducting the interview were very pleasant and accommodating.

J Band Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied on line made it through all of their hurdles and was asked to come to Arlington, VA for an interview panel. They asked something like six questions that I don't know how they would hire anyone on the questions posed but than again look at their employee stock.

Interview Questions

• questions had nothing to do about transportation security everything about management style. The interview was a joke and I knew more than the panel that's for sure. There is no way to prepare for the interview as the questions were generic management questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Saint Rose, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

The entire hiring process took about 5 months I heard some people process took longer. They do an airport assessment where they test your computer skills, eye sight, and memorization.

Interview Questions

• Your typical interview questions. Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process consists of about 7 parts including a computer based test, 10 year background check, physical/drug test. It took me about 9 months for all this to go through. Some less.

Interview Questions

• They ask you general questions such as where did you use to work and how long etc.   Answer Question

Lead Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (SeaTac, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Surprisingly difficult. Learn the STAR format for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation with pay or schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Back in 2010, I only had two interviewers who asked me questions. There questions are not the standard "Why should we hire you?" type questions. All Questions are behavior type questions. They usually start with, "Tell me about a time...Give me an example of a time...Describe a specific situation...etc..." They focus on core values. I had integrity, team spirit/teamwork, conflict management, split-second decision type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made an unpopular decision. How did you handle the situation and what were the results?   Answer Question