TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Interviews at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

2.7

TSA OFFICER Interview

Interview

They ask you 5 scenario based questions. They tell you right then and there if you passed or failed the interview. They then take your fingerprints. The process takes about an hiur to two hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had s conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied in September (vacancy was open in January). Took and passed my test and credit check and in October and was contacted about my interview being in January.

The interview was terrible. Not only was I interviewed by 2 TSA agents, they seemed unprofessional and were not personable at all. I expected questions about who I was and those leading to what I can offer, why I wanna work for TSA, and then some situational questions and how I handled them.

I was literally only asked situational questions and they were extremely complicated. I had never/barely had any experience with what they asked about and could not provide specific examples, only vague answers. Needless to say, I got sent home after that and was told I would be contacted, which let me know I failed since they were supposed to do my medical evaluation stuff too.

I can reapply in 6 months, but I'm unsure if I want to. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Was only asked about how I dealt with specific situations- what the situation was, how I handled it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Extremely long... it took 9 months from time of sending application until start date. First you take a test for your English skills and ability to see images on an X-ray. If you pass that, you fill out extensive personal history information so they can do thorough background checks. They require you to take full medical exam including testing your hearing.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Phila, PA).

Interview

the process to get hired at TSA is very long due to the background check, testing, and drug test. during the interview, they will give you a color test to see if you can actually use the equipment

Interview Questions

• general questions about integrity. Give an example when your honesty was tested   1 Answer

Student Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Two phone interviews with my direct supervisor leading into a final phone call about specifics. Typical behavioral questions, very important to have some solid post interview questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when a team member did not contribute and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The hiring process is long. From originally applying to actually getting hired was over a year. The process was not hard but you do have to be patient. There are a lot of steps you have to go through without a guarantee of getting hired. Luckily there are a lot of airports to choose from so once you get into the pool, you can choose an airport that is needing a TSO more quickly.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time that someone questioned your honesty or integrity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

Took about an hour. Involves a panel interview (3 people questioned me) and fingerprinting. Make sure to bring forms of identification otherwise you may be immediately disqualified. After passing background and credit check, you could be in the waiting pool for up to a year.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when...   1 Answer

TSA OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Sacramento, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was great and really fast. Over a 7 month process. E86 form is difficult, online process is time consuming. Pay is $17 and they give parties benefits which isn’t good really

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two test before interview and interview is very easy just basic questions. They just want to know that you are capable of following directions and willing to be able to work flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

TSA Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

I originally filled out an application online.

Then, I had to do the CBT (computer based test) which you sign an NDA for all of these things -so I can’t give exact details- however the CBT is basically looking at X-rays and seeing if you can spot items such as pens.
    It also includes basic English questions.

Next, I got an email to do my airport assessment (interview and fingerprints/medical if you pass the interview)

Interview was very relaxed I was incredibly nervous but the two women were nice and asked basic “give me a time when..” questions. My advice: read up on STAR interview responses. Try and tell them the situation, the action you took, and the result of that. So it’s short and sweet but to the point.

after the interview the HR woman who checked me in, and out- told me I did fabulous and i would now do fingerprints. I was also given a medical bag to take with me to my physical/drug test.

You have to call to schedule the medical and make an appointment they recommend within 5 days after but you have up to 21 days.

I received a contingent job offer. I also had to
    complete a credit and background check.

So the medical is the last step for me!