TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2018

2.8

Tso Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

They ask you 20 twenty questions of have "Have you ever". They sit you with two TSO agents and they take turns asking you questions. Everyone had their poker face on. If you don't go through the color test or the fingerprint test, you know you failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a time where someone at work did something unethical? What did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Wasn't too bad at all. You take your forms of i.ds, answer some questions from a panel,get prints done then sent for medical. Once you finish up your medical then you get an email for background. Then on from there

Program Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Panel Interview that is scenario based. The location and the questions vary. I don't have anything else to add but I have to meet the requirement. I thought I met the word count but they are still asking for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

You must pass computer base test. After that you will have to wait for the background check. Mine was one year wait. The interview was easy. You should prepare answering some questions before the interview.

Interview Questions

• They are situational questions. Tell me a time when you ....   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview process with a bit long and nerve racking. You get interview by 2-3 officers (like now isn't scary enough, haha) they ask you about 3+ questions per officer. But before you actually get interviewed they have you take a vision test, which is kind of fun and calming. I had two female officers they were both nice women, but can definitely hold a poker face.

Interview Questions

• Can't list questions because they have you sign a disclosure. They ask mostly situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Doral, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was actually pretty easy to be honest. You signed some papers, do your color vision test, get interviewed by one or two officers and they'll tell you then and there if you if passed the assessment.

Interview Questions

• Something about being a team player and what did you do to be apart of the team? What skills did you contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Bangor, ME).

Interview

It was laid back. I felt welcome. It was definitely one of the less stressful and easy interviews I have been through. There were not too many questions and none were about the job specifically.

Interview Questions

• Had to do a color test. This is important for operating the xray.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Watch Floor Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a board of people at their headquarters location. Even though the position was advertised for multiple pay grades, I was immediately told when I arrived they were only considering the lowest grade. I was offered a job but turned it down because WG employees do not get the same rights as GS federal employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

You are asked about 4-5 scenario questions in which you must give an answer as to how you solved this problem or a time this thing happened to you and what you did to combat the problem. You are also given a color vision test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that your integrity was called in to question and how you handled that.   Answer Question