TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about six months for me, but that was mostly because of the long security clearance process. After applying, it took about a month to be invited for an interview. After interviewing, I had an offer within a week. I believe that if one comes in with a clearance in hand, the process is much faster.

Interview Questions

• This was a typical, structured interview with two interviewers. Both were personable, and the questions, I believe, were standard.   1 Answer

Branch Chief RMA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

in person interview, recommended by the hiring official's boss. Comprehensive backgorund check including top secret clearance

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing five years from now?   1 Answer
    • What is your risk analysis background   Answer Question

pay cut, longer hours and longer commute. Promised that I could work from a different location but changed it at the end.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Behavior Questions
    Panel Interview
    The interviewers took turns asking questions. They where writing a lot I believe it is part of the process. It was about 15 minutes not very long. There weren't any other people waiting to be interviewed so that was a good thing.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Questions
      No room for introducing yourself straight to the interview   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Behavior Based Interview; questions ask about your previous experience and are geared toward specific competencies. The best way to prepare for this type of interview is to review your past employment and the experiences you have had. Review the major accomplishments you have had and ways you have overcome difficult situations and challenges.

Interview Questions

• You have to sign a non-disclosure on the interview process. You can't share questions that are asked.   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief overview of the position, organization, desired characteristics ["no clock watchers'], followed by standardized 6-question behavioral interview requiring recitation of situation, action, and outcome/results. 3-person panel consisting of Hiring Mgr, deputy, and one stakeholder from another division, each alternating among the questions asked. The team was very pleasant and the hiring manager noted the "diverse" and "friendly, but intense" workforce of many former military and aviation professionals. Second round of interviews possible. There was no direction that questions were not to be repeated. Note: the Veterans Administration website has a 6-7 page list of behavioral questions published to help candidates prepare...just Google "VA Sample PBI Questions" or something like 'preparation for interviews with VA'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question
    • Q: Customer Service: Describe a time when you had to adjust work style to accommodate customers.   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell us about a time when you had to develop and manage an organization's budget.   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell us about a time when you had to manage a large or impactful project.   1 Answer
    • Q: Talk about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Screener Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy. If you fail this you shouldn't be alive. Its a basic question and answer interview. The whole interview was maybe 40 minutes in length. Again, you really cannot fail this. Don't be worried.

Interview Questions

• Color Test. Vision Test. Situational questions.   1 Answer

Screener Interview

Application

Interview

I'm sorry but this was the least professional interview I've ever had. Two girls sat and read questions off a piece of paper. They made little or no eye contact with me, spoke in a monotone voice and acted like they didn't really want to be there. When I asked for clarification on a couple of questions they just reread it off the paper. One took a personal call on her cell phone during the interview. I'm hoping this was a set up to try and throw you off and that someone wouldn't actually do that.

Interview Questions

• Signed a non-disclosure agreement so can't offer any help here   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a smooth process just make sure to dress professional.The interview took an hour ,and fingerprinting took 30 mins.you are going to be interviewed by other TSO's who are great at their job.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

Simple scenario questions, what would you do in this case, in that case etc.. No previous experience needed, just common sense.

Interview Questions

• If celebrity X came to your ticket checking post and stated they don't have their ID, but clearly you know who they are. What would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone starts at the same rate.

EEO Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied at a job fair, was brought in for an interview and received an offer 2 weeks later. The job fair was via the Peace Corps. There was no phone interview, and the interview was about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   1 Answer