TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Bangor, ME).

Interview

It was laid back. I felt welcome. It was definitely one of the less stressful and easy interviews I have been through. There were not too many questions and none were about the job specifically.

Interview Questions

• Had to do a color test. This is important for operating the xray.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Traverse City, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was somewhat slow. I had applied in October of 2016, took the test in November and passed but didn't hear anything else for a while. Then two weeks ago, in Feb of 2017, I got a call to come in for an interview. Mind you, the place I'd applied for was hours away from my location and I applied knowing this. In my opinion, the people weren't very professional at all. There was a test to test color blindness and I did that while I waited for my interview before getting called in. It was very quick and short, and I'd noticed both of my interviewers were giving each other the side eye while I was already extremely nervous. The questions had been nothing like what I studied for, and I'd even bought the book they'd listed as a reference for their questions. How does one prepare for their interview process when they do not give better examples of what their questions are like?

Interview Questions

• Can't say specifics, but one was like: tell me a time you had to change your work habits.   Answer Question

Watch Floor Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with a board of people at their headquarters location. Even though the position was advertised for multiple pay grades, I was immediately told when I arrived they were only considering the lowest grade. I was offered a job but turned it down because WG employees do not get the same rights as GS federal employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Long Application.. 5months later got an interview, failed it and took it again 3 to 5months later... computer based.. math, english, and xray. xray part you will have to spot all the prohibited items in bags.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY).

Interview

It went well. I was confident after briefly studying the Administration and with my strong customer service background. The process took 1 year to complete. The interview involved a panel. I was asked several questions involving situations and how handled them.

Interview Questions

• One question was something close to: Describe a time you were placed in charge at work. What was the situation and what steps did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was very easy. Color metrics test and a panel interview with three employees of varying positions. They asked situational questions. I feel like any one can pass this interview considering how simple it is.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Long process. Background, testing, interview, more testing. Took almost two years to complete but only because they run the training classes during certain months. For others it took less time.

Interview Questions

• There are story questions that they read to you and you have to give a very detailed answer of how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I can't disclose many details because it is against the law. However, they ask you the usually questions and some additional things. They made sure that they told the candidate not to disclose ANY information pertaining to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   2 Answers

Transportation Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Portland, ME).

Interview

I was interviewed at several levels by a board and also the Senior Security Director. Review of my resume and credentials were also conducted. I was required to go through a thorough background check and a review of my credit history. My references were also checked and I believe my references were contacted by the agency

Interview Questions

• Recalling information that was several years old, what was your most memorable leadership challenge?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The interview process takes more than one (1) day, involves a battery of medical and psychological tests, standard interview questions and a review of candidate criminal background and credit history. If additional information is needed from the candidate, his medical professional, etc., limited time will be given so that the requested information can be obtained.

Interview Questions

• Before the interview begins, a confidentiality agreement must be signed. They will not ask you your marital status or whether or not you have children.   1 Answer