TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 232 of over 232 interviews

Interviews at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Positive60%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2020

Interview

First you go to an informational session. You're then scheduled to take a test called CBT that has an English portion and a screening x-ray test. If you pass, you'll get notified and have an in person interview scheduled. At the interview you're asked basic questions, behavioral based, to assess your customer service skills, critical thinking, problem resolution, etc. and then you wait for background check if accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you handled irate/upset customers?
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

Interview panel of 3 people. It took about 10 mins and it was pretty straight forward questions. There was a lobby with about 12 other applicants waiting to interview. The worst part was waiting in the lobby with other people who were anxious and nervous

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Washington, DC) in Jun 2021

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different people over FaceTime there were some connection issues. I was a little nervous at the start but they asked five tell me about a time questions.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time you encountered adversity in your job. What was the adversity, how did you approach it, and what was the outcome?

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Omaha, NE) in Apr 2021

Interview

Friendly, easy going, interview process with a lot of people there to help you every step of the way. Any questions or concerns are quickly answered. They are flexible with interview set up and find what works best for you.

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

Interview was nice. Due to COVID19 had to do it through webcam. They still have you bring your passport. But due to doing many online interviews i was very comfortable with doing it through the computer. Interview was very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

Hiring process is a bit lengthy but not so much so that it is daunting. Interview process consists of a panel, remote & duration is about an hour or less (dependent upon interviewee).

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

There were two people who interviewed and they asked 5 questions which required answers that would have a Situation, a task, a action, and a result. They were looking for that type of response. There was also a teaching test in which you had 20 minutes to look over the material and then had to test.

Interview Questions
  • What is something you have taught that changed your perspective on teaching?
1 person found this interview helpful

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

Interview involves a panel based interview process. If attempting to get a promotion you’re subject to bias, as managers will choose who they like over who’s qualified if they can

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Dalton, GA) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was fairly smooth and easy, it is a long process but I'm hoping it is worth it. They did a virtual interview (due to covid) so you have to make sure you make a good impression and still look your best.

Interview Questions
  • I am not allowed to say anything about the interview questions.

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

Very nice people. Interactions went smooth. Be prepared and act professional. Answer interview questions as honest as possible. Getting around may be hard if you don’t have a car so plan transportation accordingly

Interview Questions
  • How you diffuse difficult situations
3 people found this interview helpful

TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Application

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Interview

It took several months between applying and hearing bag for an interview. But such it is with government jobs... I honestly forgot I applied. Interview was straightforward and basic enough with a few aptitude tests.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a difficult passenger?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Job Seekers

Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
JobsSalariesInterviews
Transportation Security Officer
Learn About the Job
TSO (Transportation Security Officer)
Supervisory Transportation Security Officer