TWG Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at TWG Insurance

1. Featured Interview

Franchise Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Irving, TX).

Interview

This process is very in-depth. From beginning to end, you will have to impress each and every person you come in contact with. The initial contact is with a recruiting assistant, then you will meet with a recruiting manager, and finally with the director of recruiting. These are phone interviews, and a perfect opportunity to stand out from the rest. Don't just tell them you're a perfect fit, SHOW them by examples. The recruiting department literally rooted for me the entire time. If you make it to final round interviews, you will spend a half-day at the corporate headquarters in Irving, TX. Impressive people are everywhere. Look the part. You will shadow departments, see behind the scenes, crunch the numbers, and see exactly why Goosehead is disrupting the insurance industry. Three or four face-to-face interviews will ensue. Usually with the manager(s) of your applying position's department, the President, and the CEO & Founder. These are decorated individuals across the board. From Harvard education to big-business analytics, they have what it takes to be a true winner in this industry. Come with intuitive questions, and a firm belief that you will be a necessary acquisition to the team. Goosehead only hires a small portion of candidates, you will have to show grit and determination to be heavily considered. The experience is top-notch regardless of the outcome. If you have what it takes, come fly with us.

Interview Questions

Goosehead Insurance Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Welcome to #TheFlock!

Client Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I originally applied to TWG as I had similar experience in my previous role. The online application was straightforward and I was very quickly contacted via email by someone in their recruitment department. A few days later we arranged a phone call and it was very straightforward, a few questions about my experience and background followed up with a brief overview of the company and its goals. I was told that I would be passed on to the next stage and someone from the team I'd be working with would be in touch.

A week later I had a second phone call with the team manager and it was again, very straightforward. She broke down the day to day responsibilities and asked what I was looking for in the position and if I was comfortable with certain aspects of the job (working on the phone, dealing with clients who may be unhappy). Given my experience she wanted to stress that everyone at the company does start out at the same level in order to build up training from the same point. It was refreshing to have a company be forward with their career path and expectations.

Following the second interview they offered to fly me to Dallas for the last round of face to face interviews. The whole process was handled very professionally. On the day of the final interviews, it was myself and two other candidates and we had four interviews each. They do a great job at making it a welcome atmosphere and I didn't feel odd having others interview around me.

They show you the layout of the teams and building and then you proceed to have an orientation. From there I interviewed with the COO and various team leads/directors. The questions ranged from basic background discussions to opinions on client servicing techniques. There were a few questions about what you would do in certain situations but as I was coming in with experience I don't believe I had the same questions as other candidates. Then I was shown the career path they have for their team members and how I could progress if I hit certain targets. It all seemed very open, very straightforward.

They provided lunch and then we left and were told they would be in touch within a few days. By and far this interview process has been the quickest. They responded by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a fellow team member being inappropriate towards a client?   Answer Question

In the end, the Dallas location was the main reason I declined the offer. The career path was a big pro and the recruitment member who contacted me initially was in touch throughout. She made me feel comfortable in asking her questions about relocation, cost of living etc when it came to the final offer. It does seem daunting to start at a lower level when coming in with experience but they do have a great career growth opportunity set up if you are successful with your targets. I would reconsider should they expand closer to my hometown.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TWG Insurance.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and was contacted by their HR department. We conducted an initial phone interview in which I was told about the company and the position. The recruiter spent the first half of the call selling me on why I should work for the company, which I found interesting. The interview went well and I was contacted within 24 hours and invited to their offices for a 90-minute, face/face meeting with the CEO, CFO and COO.

I arrived expecting to meet with them in a panel interview, as that's how it was presented to me. In the front lobby I was offered a bottle of water as I sat with two other people to whom I initially paid little notice. However, it quickly dawned on me that they were interviewing for the same job as myself. Instead of the expected panel interview, each of us was to meet separately with the CEO, CFO and COO, respectively.

We each met with one of the executives for 30 minutes in a "round robin" type interview process. It was a somewhat disjointed process in which we tried to cram a lot of info into a short time frame. I felt rushed and off-balance with the interview format. It was also extremely awkward that all three candidates repeatedly passed each other in the hall or were waiting outside the door when your meeting with a particular executive ended.

All in all, the people I met with were nice enough and the company seemed committed to building an internal marketing department. That said, I felt the entire process was pretty "bush league" for what was supposed to be a upper-level position. It actually turned me off and I left very unimpressed and was actually glad that I was not called back.

Interview Questions

• These are the products and service lines that our company offers. How would you market them and the company in order to increase business? A bit difficult to answer when you know next to nothing about the company, its customer base, existing marketing practices.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Irving, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Got a few calls/emails from HR person who saw my resume on school's career website. Set up an on campus interview with the HR manager and a recent alum from the school who was currently an account executive. Very general, preliminary questions like "why insurance?" and "are you motivated by money?"

Then, there was a 10 min phone interview with another manager in the office, primarily to see how well you speak on the phone. Asked things like "what is your biggest fear in this position?" and "how long will it take you to be successful here?"

From there, there was a short online personality test. After that, I was flown out to the office along with 3 other candidates from my school. The day consisted of 4 20 minute interviews with various managers and the CEO. One quizzed me over insurance terms I was provided before hand to study, the others just asked general "about me" and some behavioral questions.

The people seemed nice but the entry level position puts you in a cube in a pit type of office area, not exactly appealing. Overall an okay experience, but even if I was extended an offer I wouldn't have accepted it.

Interview Questions

• If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

First I was called on the phone and they asked me what I was looking for in a company/ about previous work expereience... the usual. Then I had a 1:1 interview at my college campus. I was then interviewed at their Dallas office. I talked to the CEO, the COO, and two other people. The process was intimidating but wasn't too difficult except for one of the guys I talked to. He asked me to sell him something that was in the room. I was prepared for the typical 'pen-sales' thing but this threw me off. He was very unpleasant and unresponsive and looked at his phone's timer over and over again. I guess it was all part of him trying to intimidate me, and with very little interview experience... it worked. Just be prepared for some tough questions and think on your toes!

Interview Questions

• I'm a cheap person... now sell me that expensive thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Colleyville, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

This job is a sales job, first and foremost. This was made clear to me from the get-go. Obviously, many previous employees did not realize what they were getting into, so they've highlighted this.

First, I submitted my resume through the university's career connection. They then contacted me for an initial phone screen, and to ask what questions I had for the company. I went to the initial interview, where I learned the nature of the company, and that is this: extremely hard work (10-12 hour days of non-stop phone sales in a call center) for very low pay. HOWEVER, around the second year, when renewals start coming in, money gets much better, and can expect to make lots of income by years 3 and 4.

It is up to you to decide if the delayed gratification is worth the initial grueling 18 - 24 months. It does seem like a huge payoff if one invests the time up front.

The on-site interview consisted of four, 20-minute interviews with senior managers, including the COO and CEO. They are great, bright, hard-working people. My experience with the office visit was absolutely positive.

I think my hesitation for the call-center-esque environment shone through in my interview. I was luke-warm about the work, but the possibility of growing with a company like TWG is tempting. In the end, I decided that I didn't want to work for the low salary.

BOTTOM LINE: Excellent opportunity if one has a sales personality, and is prepared to work VERY hard for 18 months at low pay, for a VERY HIGH income after a couple of years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at TWG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Colleyville, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The interviewing process was as pleasant as it was grueling. My first interview was two informal 20 minute separate interviews. The final round interview was 4 back to back 20 minute interviews where you interview in a pecking order from a client associate all the way up to the COO or CEO. I was asked multiple things including naming 10 ways in which to use a pen, what kind of animal I would be if I were one and to sell a breakfast item. They are very articulate and can tell if you're really interested in sales or not, so make sure you've come to terms with what kind of career path you want to take before going on or accepting the final round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Colleyville, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

It was GREAT, everyone I met was friendly and each interviewer seem to ease the nerves of the whole process! It was challenging but bearable. I would do it over again if I had to!

Interview Questions

• Your degree is in marketing. How could you take this package and change it to make it more marketable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was also great, I was contacted and told more about the company, benefits, salary, compensation and how the company was progressing

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TWG Insurance in February 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed a few years ago, when the process was a little more rigorous, but it's similar to what they do today I believe. I interviewed with a few different sales managers, and directors, and the CEO. Questions were different from a standard interview - more profiling for personality than skills. Also, I was given a sales scenario and had to role play, but it was tailored to something I knew about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something for work that you aren't proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Colleyville, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied on my college recruiting online center. 1st day of interviews consisted of two 30min. interviews. I was asked about my sales experience, my strengths, weaknesses, personality, long-term goals, etc. I was even asked to give a sales pitch for something during the interview. After I made it through the first round of interviews, I flew down to Dallas, TX with a group of other candidates that made the final interview as well. We were picked up from the airport and shuttled back to Colleyville. We each had four pretty standard 30min long interviews with different interviewers. If all four interviewers believe you are a good fit, you will receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate with the CEO; not even more time to think about the offer. Read the reviews on glassdoor.com about TWG Insurance. Pay particular attention to the negative reviews as I found them very accurate.

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TWG Insurance (Colleyville, TX) in November 2007.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted by an employee of the company. I had an original one on one interview after which they flew me down to interview with 3 other employees. I received and offer that day. You will be asked to sell something in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on the base salary. Make sure phone sales is for you. You are expected to spend a significant amount of each day on the phone calling internet leads until you establish a network or referrals. You have to bring it every day at TWG. There is a lot of pressure to sell well everyday. If you don't you will hear about it.