Tampa General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Pre-admin RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and two other nurses. It was more of a conversation about the area and a little about my background. I was asked to provide references as I was leaving and I emailed those that night.

Sterile Processing Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very surface level, impersonal conversation with Dept. Manager. And this was weeks after completing a very lengthy test on (I can only assume) my personality. Many customer service oriented questions, asked multiple times over using slightly varied wording in order to try and trip ou up. Only then did I arrive at the actual "application", which was in and of itself lengthy. This seems to be how they weed the wheat from the chaffe. Weeks later, I was contacted via phone and invited in for an interview. Upon finally finding the Dept., I was made to feel almost foolish because my instructions for arrival were not very clear. When we met, it was clear she (the manager) was very obviously not much of a people person, asked generic questions about previous experience, education, where do I see myself in 5 years, etc. She then asked what size gloves I wore, stepped away, and came back with a tray for me to assemble in order to "test" me. One of the most humiliating and unprofessional interviews I've ever experienced.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call about 3 days later to do a phone interview. After getting past the phone interview I was scheduled for a panel interview with their HR recruiting team about a week later. The panel included 6 people from he HR team. I was offered the job the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think experience in your last job will benefit you in this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

Once application was accepted I received an email for a phone interview. took about 20 minutes. then was contacted for a personality assessment via online. once received I was asked for an interview. extremely pleasant and professional throughout the entire process.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

simple, walk in,meet and greet, they ask questions like what do you know about the company,tell us a little about your experience,and basically discuss hours that are required with the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us your experience?
      what hours do you prefer?
      how many years of experience do you have?
      what do you know about tampa general hospital?
      do you have any questions for us?

very short brief,and simple, nothing over whelming   1 Answer

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL).

Interview

simple. comfortable. wasn't asking trick questions. was very interested from the start of the interview. it wasn't nerve racking like all the other interviews I have had. it didn't even feel like I was at an interview

Interview Questions

• how are you with rude people? how do you handle a satiation with a rude person? so all is clear he was talking about nurses!!   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick, smooth, and the questions were very basic. Easiest interview by far.
    I'm giving a bad review, because the department manager said she would call me back to confirm a date for the next stage of the interview process. I interviewed on a friday. She said she would call me on the following Tuesday. She never called. I left 2 voice messages. Still received nothing. I like people who are honest. If the lab manager didn't think I was right for the position, then she should have told me that upfront.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working the night shift (10 PM to 6AM)?   1 Answer
    • Are you passionate about healthcare?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was a positive experience. I had a panel of 3 people. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Most of the time was spent telling me about the unit and answering any questions that I had.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

I met up with the manager first for a few minutes and then had a group interview with nurses on the floor and direct supervisors. The interview was professional but everyone was at ease and open, more like a conversation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tampa General Hospital.

Interview

Many getting to know you questions and a few clinical scenarios. No wrong answers. but be prepared to justify your critical thinking that brought you to the answer. The best thing to do is take your time to answer and explain if you are not sure why.