Tandem Diabetes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tandem Diabetes

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and pleasant initially. I had 3 interviews and spoke to at least 6 people at different levels. The process is basic paper drill. I either was not qualified or not a good fit, and that is ok. After 2+ interviews you would think it is common courtesy to notify me that I did not get the job, but hey we all know common courtesy is not all that common. In hind sight most traditional companies struggle with the recruitment process. Seems like a good company but do not hold your breath on a fluid and transparent process.

Interview Questions

• mostly tech used and experience , no quiz they seem to be big on how you would fit with the team so do not expect to balance a binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

- 30 min phone call with recruiter - Went over company, what they're looking for, went over resume and was asked very basic definition style questions. "What is .......".

- 30 min phone call with senior software engineer manager - More in depth questions about resume and experience along with a few technical questions.

- 2hr onsite interview - Main portion consisted of two separate 40 min interviews with 4 engineers in total. Mostly going over resume, experience, what technology you've used, and then they would ask questions around that. Be prepared for a whiteboard question.

Overall, experience was pleasant and everyone was friendly. Nothing too complicated, just make sure you're well versed with your resume and experience.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes.

Interview

I met with the recruiters and engineers from their company during a job fair at my school. I was very enthusiastic and asked plenty of very specific questions about their products. I was offered to interview at their headquarters a week later. It was a four part interview which included interviews from their tester team and developer team. They were very welcoming and very nice people. I really enjoyed being there.
    They asked me about specific things on my resume, some behavioral questions, and basic technical programming questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes.

Interview

Met some of their reps during a job fair at school. Got offered an onsite interview after about a month. Interview was really relax. It started with an HR guy giving a brief history of the company then got handed of to a hiring manager which lead to a company tour. Then got interviewed by two different teams ( software development and testing). the entire process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions about your resume and some behavioral questions followed by some whiteboard technical questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted via email by a recruiter. My first couple of interviews were over the phone, then I was called in for my initial in-person interview. About a week later I got an email for a follow-up interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Everyone was super friendly and helpful during the process!

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about prior work experience and general "how do you handle x,y,z" questions   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager Gene. He was very nice and friendly, straight forward. i think he does very well with interviewing people and getting to know their skills and abilities to be able to choose them and offer them a position

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here at Tandem?   1 Answer

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Straight forward. Initial call with recruiter and 4-onsite interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone/email screening went, was invited to an onsite interview. However, one day before the onsite, received an email from the recruiter that the interview was cancelled. I was told the hiring manager had already made a hiring decision and additional interviews were not needed. What if I had schedule PTO, arranged for daycare, or cancelled other appts to make this appt? Very inconsiderate, and I would not consider or recommend employment for this company.

Engineering Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very long in person interview process that lasted almost 2.5 hours. It consisted of several sets of interviewers so as not to overload you with people asking questions. It was never more than 2 people interviewing you at the same time

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Diabetes (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview w/ several groups of 2-3 people from different departments. Departments each looking for the attributes that are most helpful to them. People are very nice. Questions seemed fairly off-the-cuff. Agile software experience very important.

Interview Questions

• What documents would you submit as part of an FDA software project?   Answer Question