Teach For India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach For India Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

Fellow Interview

Interview

Submission of application followed by a phone interview- mostly behavioral followed by a assessment session- includes a 5 min teaching sample, interview and 2 role-plays as well as a problem solving test.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with a class that is succeeding differentially.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The assesment day consisted of two parts- a short lesson of 5 minutes and a final 1:1 interview of 40 minutes.

The 5 minutes lesson went well and when I went for the interview there was only one interviewer. She was asking me questions and also typing herself in her laptop which was little uncomfortable to me as I wasn't sure if she was listening me properly.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • A hypotetical situation: you are a teacher in a school teaching 3rd graders and your principal hasn't hired an english teacher even when he promised that he would soon. how would you convinve him?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview 1st round with financial manager, then second round with Human resource department. I was asked questions about myself, why am I interested in Finance, relative work experience, and future goals.

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India.

Interview

Round 1: Written essays
    Round 2: Phone interview
    Round 3: Assessment center where there is sample teaching, group discussion and data analysis.
    Round 4: Personal interview that lasts between 45 mins to 1 hour. There's a role play included. They test how you would respond to different questions on the spot.

Fellow, Teach for India Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process begins by filling up the form online at teachforindia.com. If shortlisted, you get to the assessment center stage which has a personal interview at the very end. The assessment center begins with a 5 minutes sample teaching activity followed by a group discussion and a logical ability test. After the lunch break, they take personal interviews of candidates who pass through the 3-morning activities. The interview is long and all exhaustive.

Fellow, Teach for India Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview process of Teach for India is very interactive, extensive and relaxed. Though it's along process of 1.5+ months starting from filling of Application form to final assessment and interview day but it's worth. They make you look into yourself, see what have you done till day in life and analyse what makes you suitable enough for the fellowship.
    If you make it through the application, amcat test and telephonic interview, you will have full day assessment where there will be a 5 minutes teaching round, a Group Discussion followed by a Psychometric Test.
    If you passall of the above, there is 1:1 interview of about 50-70 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you set an ambitious or challenging goal or took up a task and persevered through challenges in order to meet it. What did you do to overcome the challenges and what was the final outcome?   Answer Question
    • Please tell us about a time when you were in a position of leadership and led a team, group of people. What was your role? What goal or achievement were you trying to achieve and what was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Four rounds of process

4 - 5 page application form along with essays. A phone interview. A sample teaching session. A case study group discussion. And an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you overcame a challenge in personal or professional life.   Answer Question

Campus Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

I went to Teach For India's hyderabad office for the interview. The interview started formally, He has asked me how I came to know about the opportunity. Then we discussed our views on teaching methodologies in India. He has asked me if I am okay with talking to crowd. We've discussed about my previous positions as campus representative.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about education system in India?
      Why do you think you are the correct person for the position?
      How will you spread about Teach For India in your campus.   Answer Question

TFI Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. An online application: It consistes of a form asking your personal and professional details. The most important aspect of the application are the 3 essay questions which are mandatory for your application review.
    2. An assessment center call: We are invited to an assesment center where we are tested for teaching skills, group activity skills, analytical skills. The applicants are split in groups. The first is the teaching skills. We have to take a class for 5 mins on a topic given before hand. It is followed by a group activity where we are given a scenario and asked to come to a decision. Next is the data analysis test, where classroom data is given. We are to read it and answer the questions. I found this difficult.
    If we get through these, then we are called to the next round immediately.
    3. Personal interview : takes anywhere from 45 min to 1hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain positions of responsibility held? What was the goal, how it was achieved, what are the difficulties faced etc.
      2. Why TFI.What are future plans   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Practical hands- on task based interview. Very warm and friendly staff members. Thoroughly enjoyed the interviews. They are very open to answering any questions,

Interview Questions

• Depends on each candidate - specific to task performance   Answer Question