Telenor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telenor Interview Questions

Interviews at Telenor

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telenor in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online then completeted online assesment which was basically quantitave, logical reasoning questions ..then was shortlisted and was informed on call just a day before...and have panel interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Telenor.

Interview

There were 3 steps of interview process:
    1. Phone HR interview
    2. Phone technical interview
    3. 1 to 1 interview with company's guys

Technical interview was related to my previous experience and testing of my technical back ground.
    1 to 1 was just testing of my English spiking skills and personality testing, T think.
    After step 3 I got the job offer in several days.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get unexpected questions. All question were related to my technical skills and to my previous working experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telenor in January 2016.

Interview

Tech industry standards (4 individual interviewers) in which the emperor wore no cloths. Wannabe (Google, Facebook, Microsoft). If that can't act like the big boys in recruiting?
    The people seemed to have little idea what the position was fit over and above being like them.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telenor (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in August 2013.

Interview

Apply Online

Vision, Mission and Values
    Karo Mumkin
    The Telenor Group
    Terms and Conditions
    Our industry plays an increasingly important role in people’s everyday lives. Our vision, mission and values express where Telenor is headed and the role we will play both in transforming people’s lives and empowering societies to grow and progress.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenor (Belgrade (Serbia)) in October 2015.

Interview

First goes regular CV screening. If you pass that, then you get a phone interview with HR, 15 min, general questions about career. Then you get invited for a test. I had computer knowledge test (excel) and English test. After that I had 1 interview with HR and expert. And then final interview with director. These last 2 interviews were questions how would I handle this or that situation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telenor (Belgrade (Serbia)) in February 2012.

Interview

First round is the English, IT and general knowledge test. Then you go to the interview with the HR representative, and then possibly with the people you are going to work with. The latter two can be merged. Every step is very professional and does not waste time, and is more or less what you can expect from an interview within a big company.

Interview Questions

• More or less standard questions and tasks you can expect   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telenor.

Interview

takes half an hour and it went smoothly. the interviewer are nice and friendly. The overall process is planned and scheduled very efficient and they respond all the questions very fast.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telenor (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in April 2014.

Interview

I first heard about the Intern position online, and applied on the Career Portal of the official Telenor Pakistan website. Applicants were asked to participate in an online IQ test which consisted of 30 General Knowledge and Mathematics questions. The time allotted to complete the test was 30 minutes. The test was very simple, and I completed it in about 25 minutes. After being short-listed as a candidate following the test, a 1-on-1 interview was scheduled with the HR team. The interview was not technical, I was only asked general questions like:

"Tell us about yourself."
    "Why did you choose the field of study you're currently in?"
    "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
    "Why do you want to join Telenor?"
    "What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?"
    "What extra-curricular activities at your institute are you involved in?"
    "When was the last time you had a fight with someone?"

The interview went pretty well. After a few weeks, I was asked by the company to send in some personal details via scanned copies (educational documents, mostly). I was asked to appear for another interview in the following weeks, which was solely technical. I was mainly asked about the theory and working of my FYP (Final Year Project). This one went pretty great as well. I didn't hear back from the company for an extended period of time after this interview and I started to believe that perhaps I had been rejected, until I received the joining notification via e-mail with the details of my placement location, salary, etc.

Takeaways:
    - Contrary to what some people might have you believe, the hiring process is transparent and doesn't count any recommendations whatsoever. You must have a strong CV, good grades obviously, and active participation in extra-curricular activities like volunteering activities, workshops, seminars, etc. really helps.
    - There is a huge competition. For the Summer Internship Program 2014, there were 20,000+ candidates for placement in 26 departments, and only 60 were finally selected.
    - Never lose hope. Be confident, and trust your skills. You will only make it if you think you can.

Interview Questions

• "When was the last time you had a fight with someone?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telenor (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview within a week. If you apply online and have no reference, then you have little to no chance of getting a full time job. I had three interviews in total. In the end, they gave a job to someone within the company which was decided all along. They didn't bother to give a feedback or anything to the candidates who made it to the final round. The interview process was just for show, they already had someone in mind since the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Easy and expected questions related to the field.
      Some behavioral questions that you can easily find on google.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenor (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a preliminary phone interview, and got called to a first interview with the head of the IT department. After that I got called to a second interview with HR and the guy that was going to be my daily leader.

Two first meetings were loose talking, them probing who I were and whether I knew what I was talking about. Last meeting was a logic test and some questions on my personal life from HR. And detailed questions on how I would react on concrete problems in daily wok situations by the daily leader.

Interview Questions

• The personal questions about my life with my girlfriend and where I saw myself in the future were quite surprising and the first a little unpleasant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a salary and they said that that was a little more than they had expected and offered a little bit less and I agreed.