Teradata Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teradata Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

Interview

I talked to them at the career fair, interviewed with them the next day. They reached out to me soon after for an onsite and then by the end of the week they gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Phone interview (30 minutes long) and a take home coding challenge (3 hour long), and I really waited for a long time to get the result of the interview, but the interviewer is pretty nice

Interview Questions

• Some questions regarding database systems   Answer Question
    • Some questions about past projects   Answer Question
    • Coding challenge is about implementing a dictionary class to store words using trie and its functions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

I had an interview call first where the hiring manager went over my resume. After which he offered me to come onsite for another round of interview.
    The interview process lasted for 4-4.5 hours. They were very considerate and the process went smooth. I didn't feel nervous at all during the interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very through, multiple phone interviews, in person interview with team & presentation. Spoke with HR, Sales Director, Solution Architect, Consulting Director & Account Executives. Very professional & impressed with team.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and email directly to the VP of the group the position would report to, got a immediate response they would be reviewing resumes within the next 3 days. Waited a month before getting an automated response thanking me for my interest but they have selected other candidates. Very disappointing not to get at least an email from the vp or their assistant there was no interest.

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Started off with a phone call with hiring manager. Then a call with the recruiter. Next was a group presentation with hiring manager and multiple employees. After that was a face to face with director. Then reference check. Hiring manager was extremely indecisive. One of the most drawn out interview processes I have ever experience. Very unprofessional behavior. My recommendation...let the recruiter handle the interview process. Learn how to say know instead of dragging candidates through multiple interviews only to keep them waiting. Couldn't pay me to reapply for a position in the same department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Round 1: Offline Objective Test
    Total 20 Questions with time limit of 40 mins. Consisted questions from DS, OS, C++, C.
    Level of the paper was medium.
    It was Primarily based on Concepts of all these subjects, if you have Depth knowledge of all concepts then you won’t find any question difficult at all.
    Round 2: Technical Interview (1.5 hour)
    Round 3: Technical Interview (1 hour)
    Round 3: HR (Telephonic) (30 mints)

Interview Questions

• Round2:
      Q. You are Given a Binary Tree and you have to update it such that for each node Difference between height of its left subtree and height of its right subtree is maximum.
      Q. Given a Square Matrix print its values in Spiral Form.

Round 3:
      Q. Reverse a Stack
      Q. String Permutation

round 4:
      What makes you different from other candidates?
      Tell me 3 reasons why should we hire you.
      Do you consider yourself as hard worker or smart worker?
      What is the primary thing that you are looking for in the job money or job profile?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview
    4 rounds of onsite

As soon as you go, You feel that - ah this is not the company I would like to be in. It was around 4.5 hours of interview and they did not even honor a cup of water/coffee. If you talk to a director, you feel as if you working in a construction company. No respect and they do not know how to treat their employees. Sorry, you lost me :)

Interview Questions

• NDA, not allowed to discuss But most some array based, tree based questions. nothing complicated. A deesign question too, .

so basically 3 coding questions and 1 design question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone screen and then in-person of 4 rounds (1-on-1). Questions asked from resume and design-based as the role demands. Not tough but must be prepared to face confidently. White-boarding and culture-fit questions. 1 of the rounds was managerial. I was treated well during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a requirement and asked to design application. Added more requirements as the design progressed. to see how I would adapt and generalize the application.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about the role, by a recruiter, almost a month ago. The job description threw me off because the company stated they were looking for someone with JavaScript framework experience, specifically Angular 2 which I have been learning on my own for the past few months. After expressing my concerns to the recruiter about not having any practical experience with JS frameworks, they informed me that I could ignore that part of the description. Teradata had set up 3 different salary tiers, in which there was the opportunity to come on board without the necessary experience. If you had the experience they were looking for, you'd fall into the "Senior" salary tier. Anybody else would fall into the "Junior" or "Mid" tiers. I'm a Senior Front-End Developer with a clear background of building custom WordPress websites from the ground up, with unfortunately not a whole lot of vanilla JS being used except for jQuery, Modernizr, and other very small libraries. BUT...I've desperately been wanting to do more complex JS coding than what I get at agencies due to the type of client projects coming in the door.

2 weeks went by without hearing anything. Finally, last week, I heard from the recruiter that the hiring manager would "love" to speak with me and was "eager/excited" to do so based on my front-end skillset alone. We set up a time for the phone interview, and spoke a few hours ago. The interview was pretty standard to what I'm used to, talking about my background, my current skillset, and expressing that I would like to be doing more practical JS coding in the future. I felt things were going great and the hiring manager even sounded pleased with what I was saying, until the last 2 minutes of the interview when I'm asked about my vanilla JS skills. I was honest about not really using vanilla JS o
    projects and that I've only dabbled in very basic vanilla code and nothing along the lines of every-day down-and-dirty JS. I was then asked if I've used any frameworks before, other than jQuery (which I have extensive experience with). Again, my answer was no because of the lack of projects requiring that kind of scripting. I quickly saw where the conversation was heading, and it ended with the hiring manager telling me that I wasn't a good fit for what they are looking for. They need someone with previous JS framework experience. That is not what I was told, but I respected her honesty.

When the call ended, I called the recruiter and explained that I was told by hiring manager that the position did in fact require prior JS framework experience and that misinformation was communicated by someone (recruiter or hiring manager). The recruiter informed me again that they had held conversations with Teradata to explain how difficult it has been to find an expert Front-End Developer with previous Angular experience, and that Teradata was open to the idea of bringing on a quality FED willing to learn Angular 2 "on the job". That's the whole reason I pursued this opportunity, only to find out that wasn't the case. I spoke with 2 different recruiters about this position previously, and they both had told me the same thing. So I tend to believe the recruiter on this one because I know how difficult it probably is to find such a rare unicorn. Sure they exist, but are hard to come by. If it's so easy, then why have I seen this exact opportunity floating around on LinkedIn for the last couple of months before being contacted about it?

I should've listened to my gut, and a friend who used to work there and left a year ago because of how difficult it was to have his designs implemented. The company's front-end skills on projects were described to me as being a "horrible" experience. Those executing his designs complained that features weren't possible or they ended up being coded/styled incorrectly and it was just a lot of brick walls and hurdles to jump, between designers and engineers. "They really need a true FED to bridge the gap between designers and engineers." I had worked with this designer at a previous employer and they were/are one of the top designers I've had the privilege of working with to this day. They definitely understood what was possible and what wasn't, when designing for the front-end. That is also hard to come by for FEDs. At the end of the day, I'm somewhat relieved. I truly believe my skillset, high standards, and appreciation for a quality front-end would have been under-appreciated and I don't think I would've meshed well or enjoyed working for the company based on these outside experiences. For that, I cannot recommend Teradata to anyone. So cheers to rainbows and unicorns!