Teradata Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teradata Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Started off with a phone call with hiring manager. Then a call with the recruiter. Next was a group presentation with hiring manager and multiple employees. After that was a face to face with director. Then reference check. Hiring manager was extremely indecisive. One of the most drawn out interview processes I have ever experience. Very unprofessional behavior. My recommendation...let the recruiter handle the interview process. Learn how to say know instead of dragging candidates through multiple interviews only to keep them waiting. Couldn't pay me to reapply for a position in the same department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata.

Interview

Round 1: Offline Objective Test
    Total 20 Questions with time limit of 40 mins. Consisted questions from DS, OS, C++, C.
    Level of the paper was medium.
    It was Primarily based on Concepts of all these subjects, if you have Depth knowledge of all concepts then you won’t find any question difficult at all.
    Round 2: Technical Interview (1.5 hour)
    Round 3: Technical Interview (1 hour)
    Round 3: HR (Telephonic) (30 mints)

Interview Questions

• Round2:
      Q. You are Given a Binary Tree and you have to update it such that for each node Difference between height of its left subtree and height of its right subtree is maximum.
      Q. Given a Square Matrix print its values in Spiral Form.

Round 3:
      Q. Reverse a Stack
      Q. String Permutation

round 4:
      What makes you different from other candidates?
      Tell me 3 reasons why should we hire you.
      Do you consider yourself as hard worker or smart worker?
      What is the primary thing that you are looking for in the job money or job profile?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview
    4 rounds of onsite

As soon as you go, You feel that - ah this is not the company I would like to be in. It was around 4.5 hours of interview and they did not even honor a cup of water/coffee. If you talk to a director, you feel as if you working in a construction company. No respect and they do not know how to treat their employees. Sorry, you lost me :)

Interview Questions

• NDA, not allowed to discuss But most some array based, tree based questions. nothing complicated. A deesign question too, .

so basically 3 coding questions and 1 design question   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradata (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about the role, by a recruiter, almost a month ago. The job description threw me off because the company stated they were looking for someone with JavaScript framework experience, specifically Angular 2 which I have been learning on my own for the past few months. After expressing my concerns to the recruiter about not having any practical experience with JS frameworks, they informed me that I could ignore that part of the description. Teradata had set up 3 different salary tiers, in which there was the opportunity to come on board without the necessary experience. If you had the experience they were looking for, you'd fall into the "Senior" salary tier. Anybody else would fall into the "Junior" or "Mid" tiers. I'm a Senior Front-End Developer with a clear background of building custom WordPress websites from the ground up, with unfortunately not a whole lot of vanilla JS being used except for jQuery, Modernizr, and other very small libraries. BUT...I've desperately been wanting to do more complex JS coding than what I get at agencies due to the type of client projects coming in the door.

2 weeks went by without hearing anything. Finally, last week, I heard from the recruiter that the hiring manager would "love" to speak with me and was "eager/excited" to do so based on my front-end skillset alone. We set up a time for the phone interview, and spoke a few hours ago. The interview was pretty standard to what I'm used to, talking about my background, my current skillset, and expressing that I would like to be doing more practical JS coding in the future. I felt things were going great and the hiring manager even sounded pleased with what I was saying, until the last 2 minutes of the interview when I'm asked about my vanilla JS skills. I was honest about not really using vanilla JS o
    projects and that I've only dabbled in very basic vanilla code and nothing along the lines of every-day down-and-dirty JS. I was then asked if I've used any frameworks before, other than jQuery (which I have extensive experience with). Again, my answer was no because of the lack of projects requiring that kind of scripting. I quickly saw where the conversation was heading, and it ended with the hiring manager telling me that I wasn't a good fit for what they are looking for. They need someone with previous JS framework experience. That is not what I was told, but I respected her honesty.

When the call ended, I called the recruiter and explained that I was told by hiring manager that the position did in fact require prior JS framework experience and that misinformation was communicated by someone (recruiter or hiring manager). The recruiter informed me again that they had held conversations with Teradata to explain how difficult it has been to find an expert Front-End Developer with previous Angular experience, and that Teradata was open to the idea of bringing on a quality FED willing to learn Angular 2 "on the job". That's the whole reason I pursued this opportunity, only to find out that wasn't the case. I spoke with 2 different recruiters about this position previously, and they both had told me the same thing. So I tend to believe the recruiter on this one because I know how difficult it probably is to find such a rare unicorn. Sure they exist, but are hard to come by. If it's so easy, then why have I seen this exact opportunity floating around on LinkedIn for the last couple of months before being contacted about it?

I should've listened to my gut, and a friend who used to work there and left a year ago because of how difficult it was to have his designs implemented. The company's front-end skills on projects were described to me as being a "horrible" experience. Those executing his designs complained that features weren't possible or they ended up being coded/styled incorrectly and it was just a lot of brick walls and hurdles to jump, between designers and engineers. "They really need a true FED to bridge the gap between designers and engineers." I had worked with this designer at a previous employer and they were/are one of the top designers I've had the privilege of working with to this day. They definitely understood what was possible and what wasn't, when designing for the front-end. That is also hard to come by for FEDs. At the end of the day, I'm somewhat relieved. I truly believe my skillset, high standards, and appreciation for a quality front-end would have been under-appreciated and I don't think I would've meshed well or enjoyed working for the company based on these outside experiences. For that, I cannot recommend Teradata to anyone. So cheers to rainbows and unicorns!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Came into meet with two different managers. Brought me into a room with a whiteboard, and asked mostly about course experience and projects which I have completed. Asked mostly behavioral questions, some technical questions.

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradata (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process could not be more tedious, unprofessional, and stressful. After applying in January 2017, I started interviewing in February through end of APRIL, which included seven phone interviews and in-person interviews, in addition to a project that took an entire weekend, as well as submitting more than 15 work samples (because they were "unsure what they wanted to see"). I have never seen anything like it, but tried to be patient and make my way through the process, constantly being proactive and asking for status updates. After making it to the final two, their team told me "We loved your project and we want to meet you for drinks with the team in town -- it will be very casual!" I arrived at this -- what I assumed would be a get-to-know-the-team-before-we-offer-you-the-job meeting (Friday at 7p.m.) and after two hours of unnecessary socializing, they told me they were still considering someone else, who was ultimately offered the job. I have never seen a more drawn-out process, with a team so inconsiderate of people's time and energy. Needless to say, it is a self-proclaimed "indecisive company" and "are aware our interview process takes months." Don't waste your time applying/interviewing here! Horrible, disrespectful personal experience.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

In my 20+ years of career in tech industry, I have not seen such unprofessional recruiting process as with Teradata. Folks have no clue what they are doing and what they are looking for. No proper follow-up and no one seems excited about path ahead. I wish they avoid failures down the line. I strongly discourage folks to find better alternatives.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Finish one on-campus interview. The question is mostly about my own projects, and the asked me some simple SQL questions, and some questions related to database. It's not hard in general.
    And then they asked me to finish a simple project and arranged one phone interview. I have not done the phone interview yet.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Each was 1 hour long. Took about 3 weeks which I felt was slow, but they are a large company so I guess it takes a while to process that many people. They have many new job openings so there is a job for anyone with this company regardless of your skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teradata in February 2017.

Interview

got a mail from senior recruiter 2-3 weeks ago , was asked about basic background check questions,visa validity etc, then after few ay got a mail from technical software developer from there org and was asked to confirm about availability . I replied back saying wednesday 11 am . had a basic technical discussn for around 45 minutes or so ..

Interview Questions

• technical on java , spring hibernate , not too much , recent project worked on , favourite frameworks that I have worked on and so on .   Answer Question