Tessella Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2016

2.8

Data Scientist/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tessella (Worcester, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

For the 1st phone call, no technical questions. firstly, the interviewer made an introduction of the company, then asking some basic questions about yr background, what's yr expectation at the company. it's more like doing a background survey. no technical questions. she also scheduled a second phone call next week. But when I emailed her asking about the details, she said it had been cancelled.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tessella in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked a little about my background and told me about the company. Asked one or two technical questions. They were simple, but I think my background didn't fit what they wanted (Java developers). Couldn't answer my specific questions about the company. Came off as a somewhat pretentious place to work, one that I don't think I would actually enjoy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tessella (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back after around a week. I had a phone interview, and was turned down for an onsite interview. I did not think the phone interview went well, as I could not answer some of the technical questions. I felt that as soon as I admitted I could not answer one of the technical questions, I was out of the running.

Graduate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tessella (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I am a recent engineering graduate (not in Computer Science) and I submitted an application online. A few days later I received an email about scheduling a phone interview. The person I spoke to was friendly. He did a lot of the talking, and a lot of my answers were yes/no answers to questions like: Would you be willing to travel to client location? He asked three basic programming concept questions. My programming background was essentially just two programming classes but programming is something I really enjoy.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure which part of the interview made them not want to call me back, but if I had to do it again, I would emphasize my programming ability and experience. That is what they really care about.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tessella (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted a week before the actual interview by phone & e-mail. I was contacted by a woman with an English accent , but the actual interview was with a man who spoke in a thick Chinese accent. He asked me basic programming questions for 20 minutes, then talked about the companies goals for 20 minutes.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tessella.

Interview

One hour skype interview, consisting of basic technical questions about my degree (why I chose the degree subject, what I learned about data analysis during my projects), and then some programming q and a. Would have been followed later by a tour and and chat to workers, final interview at the site.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions about my degree, some programming q and a   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tessella (Abingdon, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview: 60 min meet and greet, informal chat about personal past, present, future and motivation
    Second interview: technical interview, coding challange (~4 h) in C++ plus individual inteviews/chats in between, plus a 5' presentation on an arbitrary topic.
    All expenses paid for on site, professional interview process, nothing sill, no dumb questions,

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge specific questions on your implementation, i.e. dynamic polymorphism keywords, inheritance vs. composition/aggregation.   Answer Question

Data Scientist/Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tessella in June 2016.

Interview

I was invited to participate in a Skype interview a few days after I submitted my application. The interview consisted of standard questions, my interviewer talking about the company, Yes/No questions (can you drive/are you willing to....) then questions from me.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, tell me about your computing experience, why do you want to work for Tessella, what other jobs have you applied for, asked about some points on my CV.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tessella in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was done over Skype. The interview was fairly relaxed and I wasn't asked any difficult questions. Most the questions were about my academic background and my experience and skills. I was told before that the interview could take up to an hour but my one took 30 minutes.

Graduate Software Developer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tessella (Abingdon, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Some standard questions, e.g. where do you see yourself in x years time, tell me a bit about yourself etc. Interviewer then moved on to describing the type of consulting the company does and some examples of the kind of problems the bespoke programs are applied to. I was then asked a few technical (but by no means difficult) questions on my programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions, since I recently graduated I was asked about my programming experiences, which languages I knew, how I learnt them (part of my degree or individual study), algorithms I have experience in.   1 Answer