Thales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.8

Field Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thales (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a very professional recruiter. Had 3 interviews with 4 different people, everything went well they said they needed approval to hire me and another person after a month of no answer they came back and said budget was not approved for hiring us! Why would you waste so many people time and do not make an offer; that is very unprofessional!!! Horrible experience! I will not recommend this company to anyone!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thales in April 2017.

Interview

Had a professional sit down with the team. They were incredibly helpful during the discussion. Sat down in a small room with three of the company's leadership. They took turns discussing the process

Interview Questions

• What can you do for our company to increase our success   Answer Question

Software Developer - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR Called, discussion about profile of mine and job requirement
    2. followed by technical interview (30-45min) - via phone
    3. Onsite interview for 3-3 n half hr
    4. After 4-5 days offer was made

HR team is super active. They keep you posted about whats going on, travel detail (each detail about travel - flight, car/cab, food, etc)
    Reimbursement of expense is also very fast and with no problem

Interview Questions

• 1st HR call - only about job profile and my background
      2nd phone call with team - One of team member called and had technical Q lined up. Like fast forward round. C++ and Unix/Linux
      Classes, Constructor - copy vs assignment, virtual mechanism, memory management, thread and related problems with thread management , design pattern (not all but what I have used and examples)
      3rd Onsite - Started with 2 team member in a meeting room with white board = writing program like (n hey syntax does matter)
      a . find number of set bit given +ve no.
      b. reverse linked list
      c. write class and they asked more question building up on it like make a copy constructor, inherit it then manipulate constructor via derived class, etc

Verbal - Linux based Question - commands/script/cron/etc

General question about testing, SCM tools, Agile - roles/duties, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

HR was very hands-on and efficient in contacting me to set up interview times and follow-ups. My interview itself was very straightforward. Since I was interning for a summer internship, my interviewer asked about some college classes I had taken/was currently taking and sprinkled in some technical questions related to those classes. He then asked me a few simple coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one way to transfer files between a local and remote host?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Had a video interview with two hiring managers looking to fill different positions, about 30 min long. Received a call back later that day with an offer for one of the positions. Overall a pretty casual interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity for inserting an item into a hash map?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Super welcoming director - loved the experience, more of a conversation than anything! Contacted through HR. Incredibly welcoming and interested in why I wanted to partake in the internship opportunity. 2 part interview process

Customer Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable, easy to speak with. Time was taken to learn my specific qualities as they related to the requirements of the position. Very comfortable give and take discussion, interviewer gave the impression she really cared. Concluding the interview was seamless, and the time frame given for a decision was nicely phrased.

Interview Questions

• Where would you look in the program to find a formula to compare spreadsheet figures?   1 Answer

Avionics Bench Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Piscataway, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Tested my knowledge of electronics after handing me a calculator that didn't work, -I passed in spite of that, They asked me about my experience (In which I have over 30 years-22 in the military) the interviewers were very smug and uneasy,- never gave me a tour when I asked.. just overall very rude..

Interview Questions

• several electronics questions   1 Answer

Program Control Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. one panel interview with the program manager and 2 other administrators. Interview was about 2 hours long. Got called back a week later for another interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong with your program and how did you remedy it?   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Thales recruiter reached out to me over social media. I sent a resume in, followed by a phone call with HR shortly after. The scheduling was easy and HR was extremely professional. Then, they wanted to schedule a call with the hiring manager. This is where it got hairy. There were scheduling issues related to vacations and travel. Eventually I got a call with a manager who HR told me wouldn't be the actual hiring manager but is rather his peer. The weird thing though - he introduced himself as the hiring manager. The call went well. Really well. He described a program that was visionary and exciting. I fully expected a call back but it didn't happen. I followed up with an email to HR, no response.