Thales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Had a video interview with two hiring managers looking to fill different positions, about 30 min long. Received a call back later that day with an offer for one of the positions. Overall a pretty casual interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity for inserting an item into a hash map?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Super welcoming director - loved the experience, more of a conversation than anything! Contacted through HR. Incredibly welcoming and interested in why I wanted to partake in the internship opportunity. 2 part interview process

Customer Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable, easy to speak with. Time was taken to learn my specific qualities as they related to the requirements of the position. Very comfortable give and take discussion, interviewer gave the impression she really cared. Concluding the interview was seamless, and the time frame given for a decision was nicely phrased.

Interview Questions

• Where would you look in the program to find a formula to compare spreadsheet figures?   1 Answer

Avionics Bench Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Piscataway, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Tested my knowledge of electronics after handing me a calculator that didn't work, -I passed in spite of that, They asked me about my experience (In which I have over 30 years-22 in the military) the interviewers were very smug and uneasy,- never gave me a tour when I asked.. just overall very rude..

Interview Questions

• several electronics questions   1 Answer

Cybersecurity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Thales recruiter reached out to me over social media. I sent a resume in, followed by a phone call with HR shortly after. The scheduling was easy and HR was extremely professional. Then, they wanted to schedule a call with the hiring manager. This is where it got hairy. There were scheduling issues related to vacations and travel. Eventually I got a call with a manager who HR told me wouldn't be the actual hiring manager but is rather his peer. The weird thing though - he introduced himself as the hiring manager. The call went well. Really well. He described a program that was visionary and exciting. I fully expected a call back but it didn't happen. I followed up with an email to HR, no response.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Interview process was simple. First one is with hiring manager, second is a panel with the team youd be working wih and third is with HR to access overall behavior and discuss company benefits and the perks of working there. If you get to the last interview with HR, you are pretty much in a good place and should hear back about an offer.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screening. First on-site interview was panel interview with three different product managers. Second was with one of three managers, another new product manager and director/vp of department. First round was good. Everyone was friendly, and it was only for an hour. Second round was 2 1/2 hour interview. Director was nice, but the product manager I met first time in second round. He did not seem interested in me at the start of interview. He check the time all the time. Second interviewer came in little earlier than she was scheduled so he could leave early with happy face. Beside him, everyone seemed nice, but I can tell they have long hours

Interview Questions

• Experience questions. They want me to walk through them how I want to solve their current problem.   Answer Question

Quality Management Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

This was an interview for their summer internship program. Met with the head of the department I was interviewing for and one other person. Questions were pretty basic, they were just trying to get to know me for the most part to determine if I was the right fit. Also a lot of explanation of the job function.

(Irvine) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Quick phone call interview to pass the stage 1 - then another in person interview
    - Team members were incredibly friendly and welcoming
    - Easy going and good vibes
    - Focused on Resume - Experiences
    - Happy in general!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took a while before the phone interview, maybe 4 weeks. Phone call interview for soft skills led to an in person interview that went over my resume. Interview lasted approximately 1 hour. Very relaxing and straightforward. They are a growing company in the US so things can take a little longer.