Thales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR Called, discussion about profile of mine and job requirement
    2. followed by technical interview (30-45min) - via phone
    3. Onsite interview for 3-3 n half hr
    4. After 4-5 days offer was made

HR team is super active. They keep you posted about whats going on, travel detail (each detail about travel - flight, car/cab, food, etc)
    Reimbursement of expense is also very fast and with no problem

Interview Questions

• 1st HR call - only about job profile and my background
      2nd phone call with team - One of team member called and had technical Q lined up. Like fast forward round. C++ and Unix/Linux
      Classes, Constructor - copy vs assignment, virtual mechanism, memory management, thread and related problems with thread management , design pattern (not all but what I have used and examples)
      3rd Onsite - Started with 2 team member in a meeting room with white board = writing program like (n hey syntax does matter)
      a . find number of set bit given +ve no.
      b. reverse linked list
      c. write class and they asked more question building up on it like make a copy constructor, inherit it then manipulate constructor via derived class, etc

Verbal - Linux based Question - commands/script/cron/etc

General question about testing, SCM tools, Agile - roles/duties, etc   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thales in August 2014.
    Interview with different people like Team Lead, Technical Director and Software Manager.

Interview Questions

• Question on Core Java, Design Patterns, Linux and Web Services   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

phone call first followed by in person technical interview which is face to face at a company location. interviewrs were welcoming helpful, easy questions, mostly java and sql questions asked during interview, white board interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Wrote a written test at the university, got a call for on-site interview. Interview was fairly straightforward. All the questions were from my resume. There were a few behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. There was a separate HR round, about 10% cleared the first written round, about 50% cleared the interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. But the employer was pretty straightforward about how long he expected me to work here before seeking better opportunities (about 2 years, I left in 1 for higher education and most of the people who joined with me left in about a year or two as well)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, fixed salary for all college recruits

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It varies depending on which software team. Some make you take an extra test while mine was simply questions about my resume. A week or two later they gave me an offer. They were really friendly. Easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was notified of this job through a friend of mine and I applied through HR. The process took about two weeks. The hiring manager set me up with an interview with one of the software engineers. I was asked questions about Java/C++ and mostly job experience questions. I was notified in less than a week about the job.

Interview Questions

• What the three main differences between C++ and Java are, and which one is better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 2 hour interview with a hiring manager and a senior software engineer. 1 1/2 hours were technical in nature where we covered basic software engineering skills such as exception recognition and handling, object-oriented design and a code question. The code question had to do with strings and required that I do some white-board coding.

The other 30 minutes was a "getting to know you," soft-skills type interview.

My interviewers were great.

Interview Questions

• Given a code sample, what exceptions could possibly be generated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Upon arriving, I was annoyed to find that my recruiter was late to the office. He had been flaky throughout the entire process. Also, I was informed the manager I was to interview with was late to my interview. I was given a tour of the office and the test labs where I saw the screens that go on the airplane(s). We ended up coming back to the manager's office where he asked me several questions pertaining to my background and role.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with TCP programming etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took a while before the phone interview, maybe 4 weeks. Phone call interview for soft skills led to an in person interview that went over my resume. Interview lasted approximately 1 hour. Very relaxing and straightforward. They are a growing company in the US so things can take a little longer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

HR was very hands-on and efficient in contacting me to set up interview times and follow-ups. My interview itself was very straightforward. Since I was interning for a summer internship, my interviewer asked about some college classes I had taken/was currently taking and sprinkled in some technical questions related to those classes. He then asked me a few simple coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one way to transfer files between a local and remote host?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Had a video interview with two hiring managers looking to fill different positions, about 30 min long. Received a call back later that day with an offer for one of the positions. Overall a pretty casual interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity for inserting an item into a hash map?   1 Answer