The Art Institutes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Seamless. In depth questions related to the role of helping new students and how you would overcome obstacles & organize events to involve new students on campus. Also how I would help stay in contact with new students. Questions about time management.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is something new students struggle with?   5 Answers

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone call, then 101 review of portfolio and resume, then group panel presentation with more faculty members and then got hired! It was difficult since i had never taught before but it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• years of experience, computer skills, educational experience, skills applied on current job   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was organized and everyone was friendly. I met with manager and two team members. Overall, I enjoyed my the interview experience and seeing the office.

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Very basic interview... nothing too specific... seems like they will hire most people who can speak well, and aren't on drugs.

Interview Questions

• How will you stay motivated since we can't pay commission?   Answer Question
    • Out of 25 ADA's how high on the list do you think you can be after 6 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy and quick process, this should have been a red flag but I needed a change fast so I went with it. I wish I would have been able to meet the management team beforehand as I would have declined the offer or asked for much more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I took a personality test. If that goes well you will be asked in for an interview. I interviewed for about an hour with two managers in the area. I was called two-ish days later and asked to interview with the President of the company. It went very well, she was easy going and very nice. I was told they would contact me in about a week. It has been a little over two weeks now so I'm assuming I did not get the job. I will say that everyone I spoke with was kind, professional, and easy to speak with. I think they have great programs and should be proud of what they have built. I would have loved to work with the president of the company because she seemed to have a very similar background as me and I think I could have learned a lot from her.

Interview Questions

• They asked to role play speaking with students and convincing them to enroll in a program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position after seeing it posted on Indeed.com. Approximately 5 days later, I received a call from a recruiter who conducted a telephone interview with me. He then forwarded my information to the hiring manager of the particular location I was interviewing for. She called me a few hours later, did a short phone interview herself, then scheduled me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself felt more like a discussion rather than an interview. The hiring manager talked about the culture of the place, what her expectations are for someone in this position, and what it would take to be successful in the position. She also asked me about my responsibilities at my current position and some situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview two days later. I met with the Director of Admissions who was very professional and asked normal interview questions. After leaving the interview I was called about 30 minutes later to come in for the third and final interview which was scheduled for three days later. I met with the President of the department who really went into detail about the position itself and what they would be looking for if I were selected for the position. After meeting with him I talked to HR for about 15 minutes about the culture of the company. Everyone that I spoke with and met with were very professional and they have been great with communication as far as whats going on with my application. The day after my third interview the man that conducted my phone interview e-mailed me asking how the interview went, which I thought was very nice. I was told I would hear back either way within in a week. It has only been two days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get an offer I would love to work for everyone that I spoke with.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very detailed. First had a group interview with about 15 people which they all asked about 100 questions each. After I met with four different hiring managers. All cared about hiring the perfect candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked the tough questions about your views in education and Creative Arts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruited by their HR rep through my LinkedIn account. It started with phone screen, a personality survey and then you get selected for a group interview. Then had 3 in-house interviews with each director. Process took about a month.