The Art Institutes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I attended an open house that The Art Institute of Charlotte hosted, inviting applicants to interview for several different positions. I got selected to Interview with the direct supervisor: Dean of Students

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with creating a database of information for potential internship sites?   Answer Question

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy process. I had one on-site visit and met with two people from the department. It's clear that the reviews are accurate and this institute is completely disorganized and old-school. The recruiter and director offered me different salaries and weren't on the same page. Plus, it's hard to be impressed when the people who are interviewing you are less experienced, a few years out of college and are in director roles. Plus, they hire anybody, you don't need an advanced degree to do career counseling. That says everything about this place. This is San Francisco and 2017, and they had me fill out a paper application and scan it to them.

Interview Questions

• What's more important - helping students get their dream jobs or meeting university quotas and getting them into any job after graduation?   Answer Question

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met with department chair. Classes started the next week and they needed classes covered. The department chair had a good friend that I had worked for who recommended me as an excellent instructor. The interview process has changed quite a bit since then.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview two days later. I met with the Director of Admissions who was very professional and asked normal interview questions. After leaving the interview I was called about 30 minutes later to come in for the third and final interview which was scheduled for three days later. I met with the President of the department who really went into detail about the position itself and what they would be looking for if I were selected for the position. After meeting with him I talked to HR for about 15 minutes about the culture of the company. Everyone that I spoke with and met with were very professional and they have been great with communication as far as whats going on with my application. The day after my third interview the man that conducted my phone interview e-mailed me asking how the interview went, which I thought was very nice. I was told I would hear back either way within in a week. It has only been two days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get an offer I would love to work for everyone that I spoke with.

Enrollment Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (North Hollywood, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone screening with HR. She asked basic questions and said I would hear from the supervisor if they were interested.

2 weeks later I received a phone call to set up the in-person interview.
    I was interviewed for 2 1/2 hours.
    First I met with the supervisor, who spoke at length about how much harder this job was than my old job (with no basis in reality) and asked a lot of questions without letting me answer them. She interrupted every time I tried to tell an anecdote illustrating my competence to talk about how this job was harder. I was warned no fewer than 10 times that the previous person in this position was amazing and I would never live up to her standard.
    Then, I met with a part time person. I am not sure why a part time coworker is involved in the interview process, but she was the friendliest and most professional of the bunch. She then admitted that the company is falling apart.
    After a long wait, I then met with a manager. He spent a lot of time discussing other concerns with the supervisor in front of me, and then revealed that the supervisor was going on leave soon and the PT person was leaving her role, so it was "sink or swim." I described similar circumstances I had survived before and let them know I could handle it. He asked me the same questions I had already gone over at length with the previous two interviewers and again did not really let me answer. I asked about compensation and neither of them had any idea.
    Finally, after 2 1/2 hours, I was told that I would "definitely" hear from them by the next day (Friday). It is now a week later and I have not even heard the customary "we went with someone else." Very unprofessional, and a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

An informational meeting where you had to present in front of the group. They give an overview of the company and position as well. Then they choose candidates to move on to a series of phone interviews. It seemed thorough but took a long time. Over a month from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would spend a typical day.   1 Answer

Director of Student Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional and degrading. It was performed by the Campus President who spent his majority of this time asking me questions that I had no general idea
    about. Additionally the time was spent telling me how I should have answered his questions. I would never want to work for someone like this guy.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you as Director of Student Financial Services?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I was downsized from a full time faculty position after 6 years. They offered me adjunct, and I took it while I look for a better job with a less devious company.

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Went through the standard interview process. First with a hiring committee, then with the Dean of Academic Affairs. Then the position was cut. The interview questions were specific to the needs of the school and how resolutions would be resolved.

Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The usual process for hiring a job candidate. There was nothing different about this one. They are pretty much the same in the way the questions are structured. There is no other way to put this information.

Interview Questions

• One question in particular was what was one situation that stood out for me in my work as a chef?   1 Answer