The Art Institutes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Art Institutes Interview Questions

Interviews at The Art Institutes

2.6

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy at this particular school. Group interview and then subsequent interviews with HR and director managers. Very friendly. Stated clearly expectations of the role. Got the offer.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

The position was posted in a third-party job site on a Monday. I applied the same day and got a call back on Thursday. We have the phone interview next Monday and it went pretty well. He says that he will be flying in to town and would like to meet with me on Wednesday.

I arrive on time, and did the interview with him and another of his colleague. The interview went for about 30-40 minutes. In the end, they mentioned that they will need the position to be filled as soon as possible and will let me know of their decision most likely by Friday.

I do not hear back from them till Monday and decided to call the interviewer. He picks up and I remind him of who I was and an update of the job position. He then remembers who I was and ask if he can call me back real quick. Since I just called him out of the blue, I figured he must be in the middle of something. So I agree and disconnect the call. That was the last time I heard from him.

What I believe happened was that they had picked another person for the position and forgot to inform me. Which is a bit insulting considering that he just came to town so he mustn't have had a whole bunch of applicants to interview. After not receiving his call in over an hour, I really thought I would get one of those "Thank you for applying" emails, but I guess he thought: "why should I have to call him to give him bad news? I'm sure that in a couple of hours after he doesn't receive my call, he will get the message."

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Miami, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Two persons conducted the interview. It was a casual interview with interruptions of other staff, maybe as part of the process as well. Questions were more about how classes are conducted. Then a school tour was provided, felt like I got hired already. Then an actual teaching demo was asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Interview took one try and i was offered thr position! The overall interview went smoothly and i was asked a lot of basic interview questions along with knowledge i had of the school. Do your honework.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I spoke with the program director and briefly discussed my education, past teaching experience, as well as my industry experience. A quick review of the classroom setup and program overview was provided.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

It is truly who you know and what you have to offer to make the company look good. You interview with the Director of the department, then HR, and then with the College President. A very casual atmosphere and setting. You can dress business casual. They review your resume before not during. Also, they ask questions like your passion, your long term dream, etc. same questions they ask consumers as well.

Student Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Once your application and resume has been submitted they will call and pre-qualify you. If you qualify they will arrange an in person interview at the corporate office. Pass that, and they then will schedule you for a followup phone interview that requires “role play”. Do your homework. Ask open ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict in the office and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Quick interview over the phone. Hired on the spot. They only asked if I knew the software I would be teaching. I enjoyed working with them for over 10 years. You are evaluated on quarterly basis and asked to come back if you do a good job.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions. Interview lasted minutes. They try a lot of professors out for one quarter and you are invited to come back if you do a good job.   Answer Question

Residence Life Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process as a whole was very quick. I believe it was about a three week turnaround. The company's recruiter contacted me and passed my resume along. I then did a phone interview, an in person interview, and another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your ideas to build the student's sense of community at the Art Institute?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I attended an open house that The Art Institute of Charlotte hosted, inviting applicants to interview for several different positions. I got selected to Interview with the direct supervisor: Dean of Students

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with creating a database of information for potential internship sites?   Answer Question