The Brattle Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brattle Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and open, interactive. Interviewers are approachable and easy to ask questions. First interview is via phone. During the in-office interview, there's an interview with other analysts, associates and principals.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial one hour interview with the human resources professional. The second stage included a one hour phone interview with two principals. The third stage was an almost full day (9.30-4pm approx) involving multiple 45 minute interviews with principals, associates and analysts and a lunch with two associates.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical questions designed to ensure you are a good fit culturally and have the right skill set. Questions probing team work skills and prior work experience. Some case studies including, for example, a corporate valuation case study, although prior work experience was probably a more important "case study". A lot of questions about my PhD research, including a some criticisms, which I suspect was mostly designed to test my communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Skype interview for the first round. Basic questions about data analysis. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Second round in office in Cambridge. Everyone was super friendly. Case study was a little tricky but as long as you think out load and reason thinks through you will do well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I really loved this company--the people are so friendly and really seem to love their work. Out of all the similar firms I applied to, this one really struck me as actually having a great culture (they all say that, but the people here actually talk about their coworkers as their friends and their demanding work as fun). The interview was maybe 30 min with two people from Brattle. It was just a nice conversation about my experiences doing research, working on teams, my interests, etc. They took a long time to get back to me compared to other people I knew who applied, so I was kinda bummed out/surprised when I finally heard that I wasn't getting another interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research, experience working on teams, dealing with data   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Brattle Group in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual, very behavioral interview. Interviewers are very nice but you can tell that they are also kinda nerdy, so they prefer nerdy people too. Company has a great culture and potential. Has many corporate events for networking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was chosen for an on-campus interview with two recent alumni. They asked behavioral questions focusing on teamwork experiences. They also asked about a data project I worked on during my summer internship. After that they took two weeks to invite me to the Cambridge office for a super day. At the super day I met with an RA, two Associates, and a Managing Principal. There was one hour long case as well. All the other interviews focused on my summer internship experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super friendly! Very comfortable interview. Two interviewers were talking about their experience while also asking me about my personal information from my resume. They took careful note of everything on the resume and asked about my major experiences listed there. Make sure that you can talk about each part of your resume! Study it and make sure you can talk about how each thing relates to your job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal and had on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes only. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. There were two interviewers. They were both research analysts.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most quantitative project you have done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Hartford, CT).

Interview

First interview was with alumni from the school. Pretty laid back interview and very casual. They asked about my interests and my background in data analysis. Interview was not technical at all; it was more behavioral.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

1st round interview: on campus recruiting. Behavioral questions with two people, no case.
    2nd round interview: in my 1st choice office, 1 economic consulting case, a handful of fit/behavioral interviews with a good spread of people across different levels of the firm.
    Took a couple weeks between the interviews and another couple weeks for the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a quantitatively challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question