The Children's Place Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2018

2.0

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (North Charleston, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online which includes an assessment. I was called in for an initial interview with the ASM, called once again for an interview with the SM, and when she found that I suited the management criteria, I was set up with a phone interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my greatest accomplishment in the last five years was in regards to another job and what made me so passionate about my previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Leawood, KS) in December 2010.

Interview

Super quick process. Submitted my resume by email and received a phone call from a store manager within a week. Had a face to face interview with store manager, next day had a phone interview with district manager, following day an interview with regional HR manager and received an offer that afternoon. Loved the enthusiasm of all 3 interviewers!

Interview Questions

• Mostly "what would you do in this situation" and "tell me about a time when" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, aim high.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I started by submitting a resume and completed application in-person/in-store. I was contacted the following day by the store's General Manager and we scheduled an in-store one-on-one interview. The interview process took about 40 minutes. The general manager then followed up by phone the next day with dates for a phone interview with the district manager. Interviews were less than a week apart and a job offer was made within 2 days of phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were pretty standard, 'Explain a difficult situation you dealt with in your former job and how you overcame it.'   Answer Question

Negotiation

One counteroffer was made by myself.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

The Store Manager is very unprofessional and had a super casual interview. She wore jeans and sneakers and wanted to sit outside on the picnic table for the interview. She made many statements about the job expectations that turned out to be untrue and luring.

Interview Questions

• There were no out of the ordinary questions. She was reading directly from an interviewing packet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was taken back a bit when I received an offer within an hour of conducting my interview with the District Manager.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Positive and up beat. Think of as many specific instances as possible when asked about your experiences. Bare with the management, they will not call right away. But that doesn't mean you should lose hope.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Was asked very basic questions, and offered the job shortly after. They "did their homework" and really reviewed my resume and references, so they were prepared and knew already that I would be a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

There are usually two interviews that are conducted. The first one with the Store Manager and the second with the District Manager. The questions asked are typical and easy. They love asking questions that you can give examples to and relate to.

Negotiation

You have very little room negotiating the pay rate. Just be up front with what you would like to be paid.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I was contacted by phone from having my resume posted online. I was then instructed to apply online. And then I had multiple phone interviews and an in-person interview before being offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 store managers. There was no guide but an off the cuff interview. I asked more business questions than they asked me. Took a month to track down a DM for follow up interview. Finally got a Sat morning interview and she answered 2 personal phone calls on her blue tooth while I was answering her questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was told take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interview was quick and easy but in a cornor on the sales floor. I was told i would get a call back in a day or two and i called back and they said i was hired