The Clorox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Clorox Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in July 2009.

Interview

Not bad. people kind - fun to know. looking forward to working for practically only CPG co in CA. lots to learn interesting products . work and life balance - good location - near berkeley - values mba and undergrad degrees. likes engineers. neat boss. looking forward to rewarding start with company that has lots of prodcuts that

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Clorox recruiters were extremely friendly and warm, which made interview very comfortable from the start. Length was 45 minutes, and majority (75%) of questions were behavioral while remaining 25% were marketing case-like questions. Everything was very straightforward. No tricks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in November 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR and then I was recommended to do a phone screen with the Director of the business unit. I did a phone screen with her and then was invited to interview. I did six 30-minute interviews including a lunch interview with a senior manager. I got a call that I was hired when I was in the security line at the airport returning back home. It was a very quick and thorough process.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was recruited through brand.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

On-campus interview via MBA recruiting. Overall the process was very smooth given the facilitation by the school. The interviewers were difficult, though not terribly difficult as compared to consulting recruiting. Focus was on case-like questions with some behavioral/fit questions and a little time at the end for me to ask questions

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO, what would be the next company that you looked to aquire and why   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's MBA career resource website. I received an email communication from the recruiter within 24 hours. I was leaving the country for 3 weeks on business and setup a time to chat when I returned.

I interviewed with the recruiter over the phone for a little over an hour. At the end of the call, she asked me to interview with one of marketing directors. They scheduled the call for the very next day. After speaking with the director for approximately 1 hour, he asked me to speak with his counterpart. He told me they would contact me and setup a time for me to speak with that person.

The next day I received an offer from the recruiter via Email. I had some questions, discussed them with the recruiter and then accepted the position within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you have ever made in a business situation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Clorox Company in August 2014.

Interview

The Overall Process was very straight forward but did have many steps. Initial phone screening, phone interview with Plant Engineering Manager, phone interview with Corporate Engineering Manager, then an onsite interview with many people.

The phone interviews were mostly to have you explain your background and allow you to ask questions about the job and company. Most questions were behavior based and wanted examples of how you react in different situations. Very easy to talk to and answered all questions I had.

The onsite was 4 different 1 hour interview in groups of 2 from different job functions, a plant tour, and lunch with the Manager and another Engineer. The questions were behavior based format again and many repeated. All groups were straight forward and made sure you understood the process and how they would like you to respond to the questions. I found them friendly and easy to talk with.

The HR contacts were very helpful through the entire process in setting up the interviews, scheduling the travel and answering any questions. Most responses were within a day by email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company took into account my initial requests from my application and comments made during the interview process and extended an offer that met all my requirements. I did not need to negotiate and was happy with them for making an offer that was easy to accept.

The Clorox Company Response

Sep 26, 2014 – Talent Management Analyst

Thanks for the review. And welcome to Clorox!

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

One on campus interview, brought back to headquarters for day of 4 interviews. It was 4 interviews in the morning, followed by a lunch with two recently hired individuals

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard, describe similarities between P&L and Balance Sheet. What is this club I see on your resume.. that kind of stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Berkeley, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief initial interview included behavioral and technical questions. Second round interviews consisted of several one-on-one interviews, both behavioral and technical, plus lunch with a staff member. They were very friendly, and for the technical questions they seemed to care more about your general understanding and thinking process than whether you knew all the correct answers.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between cash basis and accrual basis?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you made a mistake and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in on in-house interview. The interview lasted half a day. There were three interviews: Technical, behavioral and case study for 45 minutes each. Friendly interviewers. They really showed how positive Clorox is. Highway is really jammed in the morning, so plan on leaving much earlier. There is parking garage really near to Clorox.

Interview Questions

• difference between organic & inorganic growth, benefit & disadvantages, how Clorox is doing with its current proportion of organic and inorganic growth.   1 Answer