The Clorox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Clorox Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Clorox Company

Senior Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Atlanta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

Good. The interviewer was explained his questions very well and conducted himself very professionally. What struck out the most, was how he was respectful of not pronouncing my name wrong.

Interview Questions

The Clorox Company Response

Jul 29, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview. Welcome to the Clorox team! We appreciate your time.

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Manager described position then I detailed my experience, education, and fit. Then two P2P team analysts discussed position for an additional hour. Detailed P2P Clorox Enterprise Issues: users not understanding new tools, application usability, poor app release qualification methods, low or no help-resources availability, scheduling issues, unresolved process exceptions, lack of training, lack of process auditing, lack of process enforcement, low process maturity and capability in some Finance areas, not understood support roles or process ownership, unresolved U.S. financial tax exception issues with W9s, supplier database security breach issues, and management-admitted communication and notification issues. Not hired even with MBA, Master in CS, Bachelors in technical writing, complete knowledge of Clorox SCM, and 40 years in business development and process quality development. 100% interview was NOT based on skills, expertise, or education, apparently. I closed with not just how to solve business problems, but to ensure prevention of problems and work toward ensuring business excellence that would be recognized by senior management.

Interview Questions

• Provide possible solutions for a user issue with a third-party tool where no experts were available and the P2P organization is not the application owner or does not use certain functions of the application..   1 Answer
    • What is an Ishikawa diagram?   1 Answer

Feb 19, 2020

Thank you for your interest in working for Clorox and for making time to provide this helpful feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience. We will make sure your feedback is shared with the appropriate Clorox team.

Staff Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

Started with a phone call from a mutual contact. The call had accounting and finance technical questions and then moved on to the behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were not difficult so it won't be hard as long as you nail the technical questions.

Interview Questions

The Clorox Company Response

Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

I was interviewed 3 times for a total of 5 hours. First was the basic phone interview, second was a phone interview with hiring manager and third was a 3 hour face-to-face interview with 4 separate people, including VP of sales. I thought it went well, however I NEVER heard one word back. Not even a "thanks for your time". I thought it was disgraceful, considering I spent nearly 5 hours interviewing, and took half a day of vacation for the interview. I'm fine if I don't receive an offer, however it's only professional to contact someone who has taken their time to interview numerous times.

Interview Questions

The Clorox Company Response

Jul 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback. It is an important part of our process to keep candidates informed of their status, regardless of the hiring decision. We are disappointed that this wasn’t your experience and would like to investigate internally and follow up with you directly. Please email HR@Clorox.com your contact information with “Glassdoor” in the subject line and we will be sure to look into and have someone reach back out to you. Thank you again!

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Thee phone interviews, then a half day on site interview with 3 managers and a SME. Then 2 of the people who would be in my group took me to lunch.

Jul 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your interview experience. We will share this information internally to help improve our recruiting process.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

This position seems to be continually available. I've seen the opening for years now, and it is quite close to home for me so eventually I accepted recruiter invitation to apply. HR Phone screen, Hiring manager Phone Screen, and lastly a half day on-site in Kennesaw, GA. At each stage they insisted on a number, what was my minimum desired salary. I told them same as current, same as average for the position, and same as the anonymously reported salary from within their company. Each time I was told no problem. During the on-site, I was told I had a unique skill set that they currently lacked and would need with a recent acquisition. They made me an offer the morning after the on-site, for more than 20% under the previously discussed number - not a reduction in title, just salary. I was puzzled by the disconnect, but when I questioned it, I was told to compose a justification for requesting the amount they pay current employees, and that we'd already discussed in the 3 interview steps. After wasting my time playing that game, they still refused to budge. I guess I understand why that position always seems to remain unfilled...

I have since heard from someone in the position who tells me I dodged a bullet. According to him, they work you very hard, but do not like to pay up to par. Overall a waste of time to apply.

Interview Questions

• Put you in front of a whiteboard and have you sketch P&IDs for an entire system based only on a few vague comments from the hiring manager, no functional specification or process description.   1 Answer

Sep 26, 2019

Thank your for your feedback on your recent interview. We never like to hear that we we did not live up to a candidate’s expectations. We will definitely share this feedback internally as we review the position and its requirements with the hiring team for the future. If you would like us to followup with you directly, please reach out to us at HR@Clorox.com.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

Applied online, received screening call from recruiter, interviewed with hiring manager via video web, brought onsite. Recruiter was very helpful and responsive. Overall experience was very organized and well executed.

Interview Questions

• If you could design any product/service, what would it be? How would you market it?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our interview process! Welcome to the Clorox team!

Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

After I was contacted, I completed 1 initial phone screen, 1 onsite interview and skills test, and a final interview with additional team members remote using Webex. The recruiters asked great questions and answered my questions very thoroughly. It was an enjoyable experience. During the process, I received very prompt communication, and always new what to expect as far as next steps.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for The Clorox Company   1 Answer

Jul 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Welcome to the Clorox team.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Clorox Company.

Interview

First you have to pass a 2 tests. once you pass the tests, you are interviewed for the position. the tests consist of a mechanical test and a spatial test. you are timed on each one.

Interview Questions

• about my previous experience and what department i felt more comfortable.   1 Answer

Jun 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Welcome to the Clorox team!

Art Director Interview

Interview

Portfolio and resume reviewed in the beginning of the process. And then interview with the creative team. There was only 1 interview I had before I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

The Clorox Company Response

Jun 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight on the interview proces. Congrats and welcome to Clorox!