The Hackett Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hackett Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 4 phone interviews. They were nicely structured. A lot depends on who is interviewing and I had a good experience. They wanted to do in person, but since I had other offers which were time bound and they liked me, they just made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work, challenging tasks, problem solved etc   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview

Very good hiring process and good people to interview with. I recommend this company to everyone. Travel opportunity and pay is good. Nice managers and good food at lunch time.

Senior Project Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by KForce regarding the opportunity, the interview went great. The manage asked basic question as we all went over the skills of the position, we also discuss my past experiences

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter, who was very professional and things initially progressed quickly. I had a series of five interviews with progressively senior leaders, each of them very short phone discussions. The last interview was with one of the most senior partners. However, all interviews were set up with less than 1/2 day notice, and two of them had to cancel last minute. That was not concerning; I understand the challenges with professional services and client delivery at that level; it was not that I felt it was disrespectful, but more so that no one spent time explaining the process as it continued, despite my clairifying questions. Thus, it was difficult to know what to expect at a fundamental level to prepare for such short, last minute phone discussions. Moreover, it seemed very unusual that they would do five rounds of phone interviews--to decide if it made sense to meet someone face to face? I am all for innovative and nimbe proceeses, especially with the dispersed and rapidly changing virtual nature of business today, but these interviews seemed cobbled together and too impersonal. In short, along with the scant process information given very last minute, the entire process left me feeling as if I was an after thought they were stuck interviewing simply because it had been schduled.

I have worked with the much larger firms and frankly, we often trounced the Hackett Group in the niche areas that competed with some of our services, often because they were so passive and absent after intially engaging the client. I certainly knew the firm and its work and had historically been impressed; they have a strong reputation and I was initially very interested.

However, the capstone: they never got back to me in the end. Five interviews, all with practice leaders, including one of the top partners in the firm, and told on a Friday they would "circle back together" and decide the following Monday how to proceed as far as coming to Atlanta to "just have a casual day meeting the team face to face"--indicating they would be perhaps turning the tables and selling the opportunity more at that stage (office visit).

But I never heard a thing. I waited the full next business week and then sent a follow up emphasizing my interest and my more salient experiences as well as offering to provide any additional information needed as they worked through decisons. Nothing,

Not even an email saying "going a different direction" I was willing to think pretty openly as far as time; I have been on the other side of the process. But in this scenario, the end truly was disrepectful and unprofessional. I was surprised that I was treated so dismissivley by a firm like this; it was simply rude.

It definitely changed my impression of them; stock dropped and I wouldnt consider talking with them again; and have shared the absurd experience with colleagues in my network--definitely a big red flag as to their leadership and culture--approach with a critical eye!

Interview Questions

• They primarly talked about their service offerings and askd minimal questions beyond a couple basics. Some seemed as though they had not seen my background or been briefed at all.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little more extensive than I had ever experienced. The first 2 were over the phone, the 3rd was in the office, the 4th was in the office with the practice leader. Up to this point, they were all normal and standard questions. The last and final round involved a presentation; which was different for me. You will have to present to clients, so it makes absolute sense. Be prepared to present to leadership on information you know little about. It was nerve wrecking and kind of fun!

Interview Questions

• Gave me a 60 page deck and asked me to filter and present   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Interview

A typical consulting case interview. A mini case given by two people asking about how to solve a client-related business type of a problem. Some of them were harder than others - but I thought it was generally pretty easy.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was screened with two 30 minute Phone Interviews informing me about the company and asking me and assortment of behavioral questions about my past experiences. Then, a few weeks later in my case, I was called into the Chicago office to do two behavioral interviews in person in the office focusing on prior consulting experiences and what my questions for the firm were.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions (tell me about your prior experiences, why consulting, why this firm)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR to find out my background, willingness to travel, practice areas I was interested in, etc
    Phone interview with one of the Managers to go through my experience and skillset
    Multiple onsite interviews with different consultants, managers and principals some behavioral, other more like case interview questions
    HR followed up a week later with an offer and had to go through a background screening process. Took about one month to get through the whole process from applying to getting the offer

Interview Questions

• background, experience, interests   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly rigorous with a director asking relatively detailed questions and addressing every nook and cranny of my resume. Relatively basic behavioral questions initially, with a couple of technical questions about scenarios that may pertain to an engagement or work assignment, but definitely fair and looks to see how you think.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was swift and the follow up was inpeccable! Lots of great questions asked. I am really looking forward to seeing how these practices reflect internally. The Hackett Group really made a great impression. Not to mention the benefits package involved.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question surrounded my work-life balance due to the extensive travel   Answer Question