The Iron Yard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Iron Yard Interview Questions

Interviews at The Iron Yard

3.1

Corporate Office Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Iron Yard.

Interview

Lengthy and unorganized process. Seemed as if they had no idea what they actually needed or wanted in employees, so had you meet with multiple areas with no definitive role ever being discussed. Once you moved from step to step the run-around was given and led to believe they "might have something in the future" citing a soon to be open position?
    Basically very unprofessional and no regard for the people taking their time to interview.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Iron Yard (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had conversations on the phone with the lead instructor and CTO. After that I just visited the office and met other instructors. I had very strong referrals and references so it was expedited.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Iron Yard in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was efficient and fast. Two weeks from application to offer letter. The day after I submitted my application, I was emailed to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. I then had a phone-based technical interview and did an in person guest lecture on campus the following week. I received a phone call and offer the day after my in person interview.

Microsoft .NET Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Iron Yard (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

After 4 weeks comprising 3 phone interviews, an on-campus interview, and a 1-hr teaching demo, I didn't hear any feedback from The Iron Yard for over a week. Then I got some mostly positive feedback along with some hemming and hawing. Then I'm told that student enrollment for the program is too low and The Iron Yard has decided not to hire an instructor. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you engage students with diverse learning styles and backgrounds?   Answer Question

Student Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Iron Yard (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a 6 part interview! This was the longest interview process I've ever been a part of. I had a call with a recruiter, in person conversation with the direct supervisor, call with the marketing manager, call with the sales director, then a personality quiz, then a background check. The direct supervisor liked me so much ( I found this out later) that she asked if they could hurry and send me an offer. She called me before hand to let me know she really liked me, just to make sure I wasn't deterred by the long interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle in your career.   Answer Question

Campus Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Iron Yard (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough for both parties, which is great! There were 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. I was able to go to an active campus and meet quite a few TIY staff as well as a Campus Director and see their campus and meet their students. It was a great experience for me to see what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student that was not doing well or that is looking like they will not graduate?   Answer Question

Campus Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Iron Yard.

Interview

The interview process was a lengthy process but the quality of employees is reflected in their efforts. Most interviews consists of 4-5 employee interviews, plus an on-site visit with someone within your department. Once the interviews were complete it was roughly one week before the recruiters presented a formal offer. The interview was very comparable to interviews within the tech/startup community.