The Jones Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Jones Group Interview Questions

2.5

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Jones Group (New York, NY).

Interview

It was for the Kasper Group. Phone interview with HR manager, then in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well and was invited to interview with his peer which also went great. I never heard back from them since then. I reached out to the HR manager but she left the company a week after my interview. So no one followed-up with me despite countless emails to the 2 hiring managers and other HR managers. Very unprofessional for a well-known company. A courtesy email would have suffice.

Design Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with HR then went in to meet them. I met with HR first, then was sent to the supervisor that was hiring. I reviewed my portfolio with both. I was hired the day after. A drug test was required when I accepted the offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Jones Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Great. Easy. I went on one interview. After the interview, the manager I interviewed with contacted me to make an offer. Once I accepted the offer, I was instructed on what the next steps were and was able to start the following Monday.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview

After a phone conversation was asked to come in for an interview by the head of technical design. As we knew each other before from being in the same building it was basically routine. I was taken on a tour of the floor, introduced to several employees and shown where I would sit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations as I was offered what I asked for.

Sample Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview

I met with who would be my current boss and the vp of e-commerce. They had both been there 10+ years. Very friendly and easy to talk to. The vp had just come back from living in Rome for the past 5 years so I tried to connect with her on that. It's really important to try and connect on things you have in common with your interviewers. Definitely makes me feel more comfortable when on any interview. Since it was my first interview for a job in the fashion industry I was unsure of what to wear, but ended up going with a black suit and colorful shirt. Also, they asked me a lot of questions about the brand's website and things that I thought could be improved on, so I was really glad I studied up!

Interview Questions

• I find that the really difficult are the ones that everyone asks like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "what do you hunk are your weakest qualities"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview

Took too much time. Met with lots of people on the day of the interview and took a lot of time away from my current job. Next time I would plan to take a whole day off in order to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty Simple. You meet with HR and right away with division head who seeks employee. Probably no more than 2 interviews before finding out if position is yours. If hired must complete a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Tried for extra week of vacation but company did not agree.

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Jones Group (New York, NY).

Interview

first a phone interview with hr. Then in person 1 on 1 with hr and then 1 on 1 with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• it was pretty straight forward but a long interview overall about background and what to do going forward. PLM is extremely important but they do train.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They already had a price for this position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Jones Group (Hagerstown, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Met at the store, provided a tour of store, allowed me to try on the product so that I would understand the Jones Group product, discussed the focus and culture of the company and advised would pass my information on to the district manager for an additional follow up interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. I received what I asked for understanding I would be the part time associate which required less on my part in regarding the total operation of the store. It felt great to have someone understand my abilities and offer me what I asked for without hesitation!

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Jones Group (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews with HR and then finally 3rd interview with the hiring manager for the position. 3 total interview. pretty simple, straight to the point. nothing unexpected.

Negotiation

NA