The Melting Pot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.0

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

They were very nice...they give you a chance. I dressed in black. There was two positions they wanted me for server and host or server and bus boy. It didn't take long... I was tried the following day and failed because I didn't pick up a practice tray. Onething they watch you like a hawk with cameras and their staff grossly ate the customers food perhaps that was a test I failed?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Atlantic City, NJ).

Interview

I was asked to interview by the owner. Standard interview process. 2 interviews about 25 minutes each, with the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. Most questions were standard restaurant/behavioral questions. I received the phone call telling me I was hired 3 days after the final interview.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Brief and easy. The manager and I pretty much told him he would ask a question I would give my answer. I couldn't tell how old he was, found out later he's a year and a half older than I am. But that being said I felt very comfortable interviewing with The manager and I pretty much told him he would ask a question I would give my answer. I couldn't tell how old he was, found out later he's a year and a half older than I am. With that being said I felt very comfortable interviewing with him

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

Pretty easy, from what I remember I was called in and asked about my education and employment history. Not too many questions regarding work place situations. The manager was friendly and funny, really laid back and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, I called the day before to see if they were hiring - they were.
    I went in the next day to meet with a manager. She had me fill out an application there, and then began to look over it and ask questions. I was hired on the spot, and started in the next couple of days.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, want to know that you are hardworking and what your availability is. I had no previous serving experience, but the Assistant Manager, Amanda, is wonderful about helping out hardworking people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through Harri and was asked to schedule an interview within a day. When I arrived, I was asked no interview questions, only my age and availability and then handed all of the paperwork to work there. The whole situation did not feel very professional and I could tell they were understaffed/needed anyone available.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I walked in. Asked to chat with a Manager. Submitted a resume. Received a call next day. Returned for an interview the following day. Accepted job. Started work the next week. Quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed in-restaurant application, got a call back the same week. Met with one manager, then general manager a few days later. I connected with the general manager right off the bat. Cory was very polite, disarming and welcoming. He was very easy to talk to, so it did not feel like a stressful experience. Interview was a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the Melting Pot?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Spoke to GM about job responsibilities and past employment history. Answered questions about bar knowledge. Answered questions about what I could add to the company. Why do I want to work for Melting Pot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to accomplish multiple things at once.   1 Answer