The Melting Pot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Melting Pot

2.0

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Littleton, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Show a genuine desire to learn about wine and to work hard. They like to groom people their way which is not bad but it makes their job easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. you work for tips and a huge wage of $4.26 per hour.

Waitress Interview

Interview

the manager conducted a quick 30 minute interview asking typical behavior questions, why I want to work there, how I can improve at the restaurant, where I see myself in 5 years.

low pay

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed in-restaurant application, got a call back the same week. Met with one manager, then general manager a few days later. I connected with the general manager right off the bat. Cory was very polite, disarming and welcoming. He was very easy to talk to, so it did not feel like a stressful experience. Interview was a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the Melting Pot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, want to know that you are hardworking and what your availability is. I had no previous serving experience, but the Assistant Manager, Amanda, is wonderful about helping out hardworking people.

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Atlantic City, NJ).

Interview

I was asked to interview by the owner. Standard interview process. 2 interviews about 25 minutes each, with the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. Most questions were standard restaurant/behavioral questions. I received the phone call telling me I was hired 3 days after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Tucson, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

My interview was extremely long (almost 2 hours) and my interviewer told me he didn't want to hire me because I dont seem stressed enough for him but he really needs people so he decided to "give me a chance". As it turned out, he didnt even work there but for another Melting Pot hours away. I am the only server left from my training group 2 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a problem with a guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Addison, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

They will hire just about anybody unless they don't like the way you look. Sometimes an applicant may need to return to interview with another manager, but its just so they can talk about superficial optics.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview question. How would you react if you...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, I called the day before to see if they were hiring - they were.
    I went in the next day to meet with a manager. She had me fill out an application there, and then began to look over it and ask questions. I was hired on the spot, and started in the next couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through Harri and was asked to schedule an interview within a day. When I arrived, I was asked no interview questions, only my age and availability and then handed all of the paperwork to work there. The whole situation did not feel very professional and I could tell they were understaffed/needed anyone available.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot in September 2013.

Interview

The manager was very friendly and the questions were common sense for the job. The process was very short and then I got hired on later that day and started the following week,