The Ryland Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ryland Group Interview Questions

2.5

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ryland Group in April 2016.

Interview

Two in person interviews. One with direct supervisor/design center manager and the second with office vp and controller. Took personally/IQ test inbetween first and second interviews. Long extensive background test as well as drug test after employment offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with issues at current position. Likes and dislikes. Typical day and current job   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ryland Group.

Interview

Everything went pretty smoothly. The interviewer was made me feel very comfortable and clearly enjoyed working for the company. I think it makes a huge difference when the interviewee feels that others are happy on the company.

Homebuilding Supervisor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Ryland Group (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the area VP. The first interview was with him and after the interview I took the personality and IQ tests. The second interview was going to be with the area manager that I would be working for but he was not available so a different area manager interviewed me. The third interview was with the area manager that I would be working for, all of the interviews were the same routine. I will say that I never felt very welcome, all of the people I interviewed with were rather cold. Also, I requested a copy of the benefits package multiple times but it was never provided to me. I did get an offer but have yet to accepted it because I have another offer from a different home builder.

Interview Questions

I haven't made my decision to accepted or decline yet.

Land Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview was scheduled through the local Human Resources administrator. She was extremely nice and flexible: she provided multiple interview times and gave me a realistic expectation of the time commitments, directions, parking availability, and what to do when I arrived. I did not have to wait more than 2 minutes when I arrived. The interview with the VP was friendly and detailed. I then interviewed with the President, who was also very nice. There was a significant interest in finding somebody that would fit in with their workplace culture; and I'm glad because it's a wonderful group of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for.

Model Home Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ryland Group (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I went in and met with the sales director. He was really nice and eager to answer all of my questions. It felt more like a conversation that an interview. More than anything he was interested to hear about my schedule and my major.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ryland homes?   1 Answer
    • What my schedule was like.   1 Answer

The job sounded great, but it was not flexible hours. As a student I cant take a job that won't work around my class schedule. Plus, I did not love the idea of sitting in a house alone for 7 hours a day.