TiVo Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TiVo Engineering Program Manager Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Liars - In all my career, have never seen such unethical and lying people. Applied online for the position through Jobvite and was contacted by the recruiter a few weeks later and said she is interested in setting up an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and asked me about the best time and number to reach. I told her my availability and my mobile number to call. A day later got the confirmation from her that contained details like who is going to call, when he is going to call and on what number (which will be my mobile number) he is going to call. The day came and I didn't get the call as expected and after 15 minutes from the scheduled time, I emailed the recruiter and informed her that I didn't get the call. This is where the fun started.

She emailed back saying the hiring manager tried to call me in another number (God knows what that number is) she said that she got that number from my Jobvite application. Then what's the point in confirming my mobile number. I don't know from where that "other" number came from, because I only have one number and that's what I use everywhere. What is interesting is the confirmation email that she sent clearly had my mobile number and wonder how the hiring manager got a different number. It's fine mistakes do happen, then I clearly told her that I don't have any other number and not sure how the "other" number ended in my Jobvite profile and my mobile number is the best way to reach me, no response from her for a day. Then I emailed her again to check in on what's happening, she informed that hiring manager called multiple times on my mobile number and was not able to reach me through my mobile, I was surprised to hear this as I was having a good signal reception in my phone and everyone else was able to call me and my phone was working just fine. I asked if the HM left any voice message for me, and as expected I was told that he didn't leave me a voice message (God knows why). Then I asked her number so that I can call her, but few minutes later I got a reply from her "I just tried calling you but didn't leave a message. Did you see my # show up? If so call me back." (God knows why she didn't leave a voice message)

Then after few minutes got an email that they will moving forward with other candidates. That's my experience with them :-)

Other Interview Reviews for TiVo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview. From the first call to the decision email, it took a total of 2 weeks. Very professional HR, nice people. The only strange thing was they brought a sandwich and soda for lunch for me to eat during one of the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (Alviso, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was called by recruiter for 1-1, then hiring manager 1-1. Did not get an email or call back.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a project you completed and implemented   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TiVo in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager asked three technical questions and described what the project is about. The hiring indicated at the end that there are more phone interview to be done. And he does not know what he will proceed or not. The three technical questions are: 1. what are the differences in new, delete, maloc, remove. 2. describe differences between linked list and array. 3. two threads that did increment and decrement, why the result is off.

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

Interview

The on-site interview was scheduled after 3 separate last-minute rescheduling, and was consisted of interviews with the hiring manager and a senior manager (who manages the hiring manager). The interview questions were generic past experience questions from the hiring manager, and the future career outlook and aspiration questions from the senior manager. None of the questions were difficult, but the hiring manager was evidently annoyed/impatient with the interview, which was disconcerting considering the original interview was already thrice last-minute delayed by this manager. I did not walk away with a positive impression with the manager or the company largely as a result of this, and did not continue to pursue this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you have to resolve a disagreement with a teammate.   Answer Question
    • Describe an accomplishment you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo in October 2009.

Interview

It started when I received an email from them "confirming" my interview for the following day. This was my very first contact with them after applying for the position a month prior. There was no discussion of "Is this day good for you?" or "Hi, we think you may be a good fit." Given that, I had a first round interview with the hiring manager and that person's manager. The latter was 15 minutes late, trying to cram lunch around my brief discussion. It took one hour max.

A week later, I got another last minute scheduling of interviews for a half day of meeting half a dozen people. Overall, an uneventful day, though I never saw the hiring manager again. Apparently, they changed the job from Contract to Full Time without any notification.

Two weeks later, I get another "confirming my interview" emails with even more people. At this point, I'm not even sure if it is for the same position or not. Of the five people I was to meet this day, two were no-shows. I heard at least one tell the secretary "I had declined that interview meeting request."

Promises of "We'll get back to you next week" turned into "We'll get back to you at the beginning of the new year" turned into "We'll get back to you by the end of January". Finally, after multiple inquiries, they tell me that they decided not to fill the position.

Three weeks later, I get a call from the manager's manager asking me if I'm still interested and wants to set up another appointment. I never hear back again...

Overall, a thoroughly disorganized process and one that completely turned me off the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your past program manager experience?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with difficult people? How did you handle it?   Answer Question