TiVo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TiVo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings, one with HR, another with the hiring manager. The second dove into technical depth with my resume. Everyone involved was friendly and responded in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• They went down my resume and asked questions about each point.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with a recruiter mostly discussing details of previous experience and an overview of the position I was applying for. Next step was an onsite interview with 5 panelists, 30 minutes each. Overall the process went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

Called by Sr member of Finance dept and invited for an interview. Met with several members of the team including Controller, VP of Finance and several others. Reviewed prior experience and abilities. For second round I met a Director from another dept for lunch. Received an offer within 48 hrs after second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about my experience working with and for SAP (ERP system)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

Initially the recruiter will do the job briefing. Then the hiring manager will do the first round screening over telephone.
    Followed by one more telephonic interview,
    Finally 5-6 hours of onsite interview.
    In next day or two you will get to know about the offer

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Liars - In all my career, have never seen such unethical and lying people. Applied online for the position through Jobvite and was contacted by the recruiter a few weeks later and said she is interested in setting up an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and asked me about the best time and number to reach. I told her my availability and my mobile number to call. A day later got the confirmation from her that contained details like who is going to call, when he is going to call and on what number (which will be my mobile number) he is going to call. The day came and I didn't get the call as expected and after 15 minutes from the scheduled time, I emailed the recruiter and informed her that I didn't get the call. This is where the fun started.

She emailed back saying the hiring manager tried to call me in another number (God knows what that number is) she said that she got that number from my Jobvite application. Then what's the point in confirming my mobile number. I don't know from where that "other" number came from, because I only have one number and that's what I use everywhere. What is interesting is the confirmation email that she sent clearly had my mobile number and wonder how the hiring manager got a different number. It's fine mistakes do happen, then I clearly told her that I don't have any other number and not sure how the "other" number ended in my Jobvite profile and my mobile number is the best way to reach me, no response from her for a day. Then I emailed her again to check in on what's happening, she informed that hiring manager called multiple times on my mobile number and was not able to reach me through my mobile, I was surprised to hear this as I was having a good signal reception in my phone and everyone else was able to call me and my phone was working just fine. I asked if the HM left any voice message for me, and as expected I was told that he didn't leave me a voice message (God knows why). Then I asked her number so that I can call her, but few minutes later I got a reply from her "I just tried calling you but didn't leave a message. Did you see my # show up? If so call me back." (God knows why she didn't leave a voice message)

Then after few minutes got an email that they will moving forward with other candidates. That's my experience with them :-)

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was a weird interview and definitely the worst I've experienced in my career. I was supposed to see three different people separately, but after the second interviewer I was abruptly shown the door. I asked the reason and was told I was "not a good fit." That is strange because I've been doing this job professionally for over 10 years. The two interviews I did go through were very, very short (I think the second was two questions). If I had to guess I would say that age may have been a factor, since I am 55. The interviewers mentioned a tight corporate culture and also alluded to problems others have noted in the reviews: management is top-heavy and very controlling. I was also told that promotions are rare. That seemed very strange. Not the way you want to sell your company. Everyone seemed nice but they did not like me at all. I was recruited for the job. They called me. So it was pretty disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TiVo?   1 Answer

User Interface Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on TiVo's Career site. They replied within a week and I scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. 3 days after the phone interview, they invited me to an on-site interview. They realized that I wasn't in California so they changed it to a video chat interview via Blue Jeans. The interview lasted for 1.5 hrs and I talked to 3 recruiters. They were really friendly. After one week I got an offer through email.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with prototyping? If so, what was your process?   Answer Question

Media Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First was a Telephonic interview, where I was asked basic questions. The process was very fast., I got a call within few days after applying online. Only basic questions was asked in the interview. It dint go for more than 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what is volatile? what is stack and heap and their difference? multi threading? hardware interrupts? array vs linked list? few questions about the project   1 Answer

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview. From the first call to the decision email, it took a total of 2 weeks. Very professional HR, nice people. The only strange thing was they brought a sandwich and soda for lunch for me to eat during one of the interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had about 5 interviews from the team manager to the system architect. Every interviewer was concept oriented with some basic C/C++ questions and more intuitive questions on projects. Was also asked a couple of design questions based on abstract classes and virtual functions.

Interview Questions

• Concept of smart pointers and how would you implement it   Answer Question