Tintri Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 92 of over 92 interviews

Sales Engineer

166 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Berkeley, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

Started with a recruiter who got me in touch with the head of one of the projects. I was asked some questions to see if I at least knew how to code and if I understand optimization. After I went through some HR, and what appeared to be a soft skill analysis. After a more challenging technical interview was presented. After that a final soft skill analysis interview (basic questions).

Interview Questions
  • First one was build a quick class with some basic implementations. The second was more of a question of how to handle character positions in a string with a lot of noise. This question was mid-level leet code hard.
    Answer Question

Tintri

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tintri

Interview

Interview process involved a telephonic round and 4- 45 min rounds onsite. I interviewed for a front end developer role and the questions were targeted towards front end technologies, white board coding on a JavaScript program, questions around core concepts. Interview was smooth and the experience was great.

Interview Questions
  • Core JS questions on scope, closures, this etc CSS and SCSS questions Questions on resume

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (London, England, England)

Interview

Initial telephone Interview with UK&I Sales Director - very pleasant and positioned the companies ethos and objectives for the next 18 - 24 months. This followed an face to face with UK&I Sales Director - principally for 'additional meat in the bone' and to talk through me as a potential candidate. This was followed up with an interview with EMEA Director of Sales - again really pleasant and informed interview with an emphasis on the wider organisation and the opportunity that exists today and clearly to validate me as a candidate and of course my appetite to join. Last interview is based on a panel of (3) people, EMEA VP of Engineering plus Sales Director - again very black and white not intended to be a trip up engagement but some probing questions asked really to ascertain the candidate's approach and ability to position something new and objection handling....All good!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tintri

Interview

Unfortunately, Tintri hasn't chosen the best recruiters for senior professionals in the UK. The company is not professional on their approach and follow up. They are approaching senior professionals via LinkedIn with a very brief call and rushing to go to FtF interviews where they simply don't show up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Interview process was smooth and extremely flexible. my whole interview process lasted for not more than 3 days and Tintri were able to offer me the very next day(infact Sr QE Manager verbally gave me an offer the same day of interview)

2 people found this interview helpful

Tintri

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tintri

Interview

The interviewees were all polite and generally seemed to know the areas they specialized in. But the interview process was in one word: horrible. For an intern position, I had to give four phone interviews over a span of more than two months starting from end of january, 2017. The HR was responsive early on on in the interview process. But from mid of it, I had to send 4 or even more mails over a span of multiple weeks to get a single reply. Also some of the replies I got via mail were contradictory to each other. I still have not got the results of the interviews I gave. It is plain rude not to give a result after going through such a ling interview process (just inform that i was rejected if the company is not interested). (I got other offers during march last week and moved on). This company should seriously hire better HR or whoever is responsible for coordinating the intern recruitment process. Out of the 8+ companies I interviewed for this season, this was easily the worst interview process!

Interview Questions
  • 2 sum problem (different versions: normal unoptimized, time efficient, space efficient). Generally questions were easy.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

Four stage interview process. 1st call was with lowest level of sales management - 30 minutes 2nd call was with mid level sales management - 30 minutes 3rd call was with the Global Director of Inside Sales - 30 minutes 4th Stage was in-person interviews with all three previously stated as well as the HR recruitment director. Total time for in-person interview was 2.5 hours including a tour around the beautiful office space they have in Mountain View. Each manager asked about my work history and specifically how it was at each of my prior positions. Something I want to make clear about Tintri: While they're still trying to figure out how to really dominate the space they're in within the industry, they have their company culture, office space, facilities manager, as well as other management in different departments figured out 100%. I left the company due to an unfortunate strategy change, but I will always love the people I worked with there, even if it was for a short amount of time. There is not one bad apple inside that Inside Sales team at HQ.

Interview Questions
  • They just asked a lot about me, what my interests are, what I liked to do while in college, that sort of thing. This job is sales, so they don't need to know if you can solve a math problem, but they want to know if you can navigate around a marathon of social interaction, and I think that's what the extensive interview process was all about. 10 out of 10 would work there again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Sunnyvale, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

Three phone screenings followed by an onsite. Things went fine over the phone, but when I went onsite the hiring manager never gave me a chance. He rushed my interviews then hurried me out the door. The worst interview experience I ever had in my life. I was supposed to be there for 3 to 4 hours, and was there 45 minutes. I was supposed to have lunch with the hiring manager. It was ordered, and I saw it at the receptionist desk while the manager was pushing me out the door. If for some reason before the finale interview they decided not to go with me why didn't they just call, and cancel? I would never treat anyone like this. Even if for some reason they deserved it. Absolutely no class. I have done interviews where while I did not get the job I still gave a thumbs up here on GD. I would say dont waist your time. In the end I am glad this happened. This is not a company I would ever want to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • How can you send a specific size packet through an Ubuntu NIC?

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in Jun 2017

Interview

Very easy, quick process, 3 weeks from first interview to Hire. First interview with company recruiter who asked basic questions including desired salary/bonus etc. Second was with HR, and next were the manager, and individual technical team interviews, 4 remote and 4 onsite.

Interview Questions
  • What am I looking for in a company.

Application

Interview

After my resume was sent to managers through a current employee, I was contacted via email. I then had two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview at the HQ in Mountain View.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to get into sales?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Interviews