Tintri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tintri (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

was very thorough but also very seamless. I was phone screened and met with both technical staff members and sales leadership. The HR folks were very organized and professional. The interview process itself was very methodical and well timed, the interviewers were tough, businesslike and challenging which is precisely what I would expect and demand of a company that I would be inclined to work for.

Interview Questions

• While it is a typical question, I was asked what is your biggest weakness. It is always tough to be selt critical.   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, and had a call with her to review my background and skill set. Next I spoke with the manager for the position over the phone and discussed the requirements for the role and what I felt my strengths and weaknesses were. Finally, I came to the headquarters to interview with the manager and three other team members in person.

Interview Questions

• Each person asked me questions about how the role I was interviewing for would interact with their own functions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen: 30 minutes. Coding question using collab edit. Recruiter didn't mention this, so it was certainly a surprise.

Onsite: 6 interviewers, 30 to 45 minutes each. Not a very good experience. Focus on interview-style coding questions. One interviewer had only been with the company for two weeks. Another simply handed me a laptop, asked me to implement some algorithm, then sat silently fiddling with his phone. Seriously? Demographics were extremely skewed; beware.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical coding under-pressure questions. Synchronization, sorting, linked list manipulation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tintri.

Interview

Phone interview, a few technic questions, what is cloud, and why we need it, what is virtualization and why we need it and other questions. Two coding questions, reverse words in string and malloc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tintri.

Interview

Went in for an onsite interview after a recruiter contacted me over email. The interview process was quite smooth. It went according to schedule, good communication from the recruiter and the interviewer was very polite. They took about 30 days to get back to me after the interview( I have heard it's usually less. ).

Interview Questions

• Difference between semaphore and spin lock, semaphore and spin lock usage in interrupt handlers and processes in linux, linux kickstart, basic networking questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri in December 2014.

Interview

The interviewer is very nice that he is very polite and full of passion. During the phone interview process, he tried to lead to optimize the solution. As a company focusing on storage, they are care more about the low level efficiency. I really enjoy this process very much! And this is my first interview, I am very excited.

Interview Questions

• I only got interviewed one question during the process. I first camp up with a solution to this problem, and then followed the interviewer's hints to optimize the solution.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tintri.

Interview

There were three phone interviews for me. They asked about my project which were related to their work. The first two interviews went very well. The interviewers were very nice and helped me through the problem solving process. The third interviewer had a solution in his mind and wanted me to arrive at the same solution. He didnt even pay attention to my solution or my thought process. He didnt even point mistakes in my code(which was actually right, I executed the code and it gave the right answer). Overall the first two interviews were a good experience for me and the third interview was a bad one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tintri (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

First Round consisted of basic software programming questions in C, Multithreading. Second round consisted of algorithms which can be used fir memory management design. Still waiting for the final results from them company very slack in replying back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tintri (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview. It take about 45 minutes. They send me a online collaborative coding board and we discuss the solution on the website. The interviewer asks a lot of stuff on the resume. The question is not hard but it is my first interview, so I did not do a good job.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tintri (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds and one phone screen. I was asked on my previous projects, tools, programming languages, unit test framework, my role and responsibiliies in the phonescreen. After that, I was brought in for two rounds of technical interview. During these two onsite interview, they focused on coding skills, problem solving skills, as well as understanding of my current projects. I have to explain my current projects, the archictecture, the pro-and cons of the approach. During coding, they ask for complexity of my solution, and ask for improvements to the solution. Multi-tasking questions was asked, but I mentioned that I don't have much experiences in this area, so they skipped.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are focused on technical questions such as algorithm, problem solving coding, multi-tasking, etc.   1 Answer