Tradeweb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tradeweb

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb in April 2018.

Interview

Prescreen call for about 30 minutes, then in-person interviews scheduled. They were flexible and offered to schedule all the interviews in 1 day. Met with 4 different team members in both office locations, including the person I would directly report to. Was told there would be a final decision by a certain date, and was notified of the rejection shortly after then. Would still consider working for the company despite not getting selected.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, day to day tasks, what area of the field am I focused on or want to work in   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb in October 2018.

Interview

I applied for this company on the career fair and got OA immediately.
    After finishing OA, the recruiter called me and scheduled the phone interview.
    The phone interview is both behavioral and technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, an extremely poor and rushed interview process.

1. Call with Recruiter.
    - Never would I believe a simple call with a recruiter could go wrong. I allowed the recruiter maximum flexibility (let them pick and I would make time) for the initial call and they failed to call me at their chosen time. Moreover, when trying to reschedule, they refused to admit they were at fault. The rescheduled call was just as poor with the recruiter claiming they tried to call me multiple times with no answer (they did not, they were just late...again).

2. Call with hiring managers (plural).
    - The information I was given for my next set of calls did not match up who I was actually speaking with (nor did they inform me). So instead of me speaking with "Bob" I received a call from "Joe." I would like to emphasize that these individuals at least called me at the correct time at the same number with no problem (supporting my claim about the recruiter in the previous step). As for the content of these calls, they were basic technical questions around concurrency. The problem was the questions were so simple that the calls ended within minutes with a "Sorry, we don't have anything else to ask, we usually need to guide applicants through these questions over time."

3. On-site Interview.
    Despite my claims that I was busy one week, the recruiter did not care and scheduled me to visit them anyway during that time due to other participants (now they were just rushing). I was once again given a schedule of 3 people to speak with, but upon arrival only 2 of them were in the office and I was informed that I was one of the last applicants being interviewed (translation: we already have someone else in mind but maybe you'll be better but we're really just going to waste your time). Well, the interviews went just as expected. The interviewees had very strong opinions about how their questions should be answered and were not accommodating to alternative solutions. There was one question that I conceded defeat to and requested the solution just to be told "look it up in the JDK source code." Well, upon looking it up after the interview I found that I was correct but the interviewer refused to acknowledge.

Upon finishing my on-site interview I was shoved out of the office and told they would have HR contact me. When I say shoved, I mean I was walked into a hallway, given the directions to the elevator bank (at the other side of the building), and had the door shut behind me (translation: the one individual, the hiring manager, had full power and did not even care to discuss with the other team member before declining me).

I received the "regret to inform you" the next day, at least I got a response.

Interview Questions

• Thread safe Singleton implementation.   1 Answer
    • Talk about how you would write an algorithm to solve a Sudoku puzzle. Talk about how you might speed it up using concurrency.   Answer Question
    • Difference between Linked List/Array List. Which is better for insertion in the middle?   2 Answers
    • "50 black and 50 white balls and 2 buckets" Riddle.   1 Answer
    • Write a function that converts a column indicated by a String (e.g A, B, ..., Z, AA, AB, ...) into a number (1, 2, ..., 26, 27, 28, ...).   1 Answer
    • Given a list of strings, process the list so that if any individual string starts with "A" it is replaced with a string that instead starts with "K".   1 Answer
    • What is a ConcurrentModification Exception and what might throw it?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you might troubleshoot a running Java application to see why it didn't produce a file that it should have produced.   Answer Question
    • Given a comma delimited file, return lines of the file where the second column contains a specific string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call from the HR recruiter and he set up a phone interview with the technical lead. He asked way to many indepth questions on OOP`s. Be very thorough in your knowledge of java and oops.

Interview Questions

• Lots of in depth questions of Java. And asked a lot of questions about HTTP protocol and how it works. Static variables and what will you do kind of questions. Design pattern questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of onsite interviews - what a waste of time! They just wrote questions on a white paper, asked me to code and then kept staring at their phones. No discussion what so ever and even after I tried to ask questions, they just gave quick replies and back to checking their phones. If they are so disinterested or have such high priority work, why even bother to invite for onsite and waste my time?! They could have sent me a hackerrank link instead.

When will the companies teach right etiquette to the interviewers before unleashing them onto the applicants?!

Interview Questions

• Coding questions about stack linkedlist, DFS   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied to Java Software Engineer position. First one was phone interview and then 3 onsite technical interviews. Onsite interviews were not that tough, it was focused on java.util.concurrent package

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between ArrayList and LinkedList (do it thoroughly)
      2. You have array from number 1-100 and one number is missing, how will you find it?
      3. Write a program to implement LinkedList from scrach.
      4. Difference between Order by and group by in sql   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Internal company recruiter saw profile on LinkedIn and contacted directly. The online interview was conducted through HackersRank company. Time limit was set for the whole duration of the interview for 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Online interview consisted with 4 multiple choice, 1 SQL and 2 coding questions.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Easy enough interview process. One day with a few people, questions were pretty basic as well, really just want to get a feel for who you are as a person and hopefully your resume and skill set matches what they require.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you struggled   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Worst experience ever...I normally don't post anything online, but I wanted to warm people of this company before they invest the time and effort to interviewing.

Process began with an phone interview with the hiring manager. The person seemed nice and asked questions regarding my background. After, I heard back in a couple days that I was scheduled to speak with again person in a different office. After that phone interview, HR scheduled me to visit the NYC office for an on-site interview. They reimbursed my travel cost and I had 5 back to back interviews with various managers and employees. I thought everything went well and the HR said I would be hearing back soon. A few weeks past and I followed up with the HR rep. He said that it would take another week or so. Again, a few weeks past and I followed up again. The HR rep said that the hiring manager would be contacting me soon. I felt as though an offer my be coming. I few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager. To my surprised, she wanted me to do an home work assignment for her. This is 2 months into the hiring process! I agreed and quickly finished the assignment. After sending the assignment, I didn't hear anything back for a week. I followed up again, and the HR rep sent me a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. I think this was the most ridiculous process I ever went through. After 2 and a half months, all they do is sent a generic rejection email. By far the worst interview experience I ever faced.

For future interviewees' please beware!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Overall an easy process. Asked me a few questions related to analytics and past projects done. Mostly behavioural.
    Be well prepared with your projects and experiences in past. Also, learn some basic concepts of sql.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a pleasant hr call. She offered me a final round interview on the spot and I received an email 2 months after regarding the on-site interview. She asked me for my availability for a skype interview as I had to reschedule. Its been 4 months and she keeps ignoring my emails. If they no longer had me in their pool of candidates, I would've appreciated getting sent an email rather than being clueless.