Tradeweb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tradeweb Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2016

Vice President Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

It was great experience, met with 3 people and hiring manager, process took one day total 1 and 1/2 hour with 3 person in morning for 1 and 1/2 hour at jersey city and 1/2 hour in evening at New York office. Interviewer were friendly and explained throughly about product and what the role was about.

Interview Questions

• General question that would test your way of thinking and problem solving ability. How good you are with algorithms solving using Javascript. Personality round.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Meet with the manager for the team you're being hired to, Meet with other people on the team. Each person will ask you different questions based on your resume. The interview really depends on the person and what they want to see. Some were behavioral others were very technical. No white board type questions but rather describe the architecture of the systems you have worked with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Know what is on your resume. Basic SQL and scripting questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Applied on line, and HR called directly. First round was phone interview. And then second interview was on-site in Jersey City office, which was unprofessionally scheduled on 8:30 in the morning. During the whole process, nobody even talked anything about the hiring team or the position, neither did the interviewer bring any drink. Very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the bond yield?   1 Answer

Web Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

After apply on line, I received email from HR. HR is very kind and give you very clear directions to get to their company.
    Two people interviewed me. Lots questions about fundamental conceptions about web development.

Interview Questions

• Too many conceptions questions. I did not prepare well for this.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Worst experience ever...I normally don't post anything online, but I wanted to warm people of this company before they invest the time and effort to interviewing.

Process began with an phone interview with the hiring manager. The person seemed nice and asked questions regarding my background. After, I heard back in a couple days that I was scheduled to speak with again person in a different office. After that phone interview, HR scheduled me to visit the NYC office for an on-site interview. They reimbursed my travel cost and I had 5 back to back interviews with various managers and employees. I thought everything went well and the HR said I would be hearing back soon. A few weeks past and I followed up with the HR rep. He said that it would take another week or so. Again, a few weeks past and I followed up again. The HR rep said that the hiring manager would be contacting me soon. I felt as though an offer my be coming. I few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager. To my surprised, she wanted me to do an home work assignment for her. This is 2 months into the hiring process! I agreed and quickly finished the assignment. After sending the assignment, I didn't hear anything back for a week. I followed up again, and the HR rep sent me a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. I think this was the most ridiculous process I ever went through. After 2 and a half months, all they do is sent a generic rejection email. By far the worst interview experience I ever faced.

For future interviewees' please beware!

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, just went through my résumé and went over some behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. All the people at TradeWeb are very friendly and they want you to learn about their business. They have an educational focus, making sure you understand their place in the industry.

Market Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Friendly, very straightforward in the HR department, and actively looking for interesting talent. Tradeweb is a place that ha a long term future and they know that the only way to reach that goal is to analyze their employment skill set and utilizing it to the fullest. It is a very low stress atmosphere and many of the people you will speak to are extremely down to Earth and want to know more about you as a person. If you're lucky to get an interview, use that time to really show what you can do.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to change about the industry?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New Orleans, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly recruiter. No trick questions. Mostly, I was just asked about my resume. Tradeweb puts a lot of emphasise on experience and independence. It is huge if you can demonstrate a time when you took initiative to start something on your own.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about the experiences on my resume (i.e. "I see you worked at a Real Estate company, can you please tell us more about it/what you learned from it?)   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process / average interview questions, tell me a little bit about yourself, the interview process was one-on-one and very comfortable. First interview was 1:1 and followed-up in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

C++ Software Developer Interview

Interview

30 minutes phone screen. Pretty general to assess your skill sets. C++ Inheritance, C# inheritance, SQL, data mining.