Tradeweb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tradeweb Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

3.1

Analytics Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Two technician interviewed me over the phone and is very intensive. At first, I introduced myself and went over my experience. But I felt like they were not interested about my experience. Then they asked me detailed technical questions and very picky about my answer. In all, this interview experience is not good for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Overall an easy process. Asked me a few questions related to analytics and past projects done. Mostly behavioural.
    Be well prepared with your projects and experiences in past. Also, learn some basic concepts of sql.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, an extremely poor and rushed interview process.

1. Call with Recruiter.
    - Never would I believe a simple call with a recruiter could go wrong. I allowed the recruiter maximum flexibility (let them pick and I would make time) for the initial call and they failed to call me at their chosen time. Moreover, when trying to reschedule, they refused to admit they were at fault. The rescheduled call was just as poor with the recruiter claiming they tried to call me multiple times with no answer (they did not, they were just late...again).

2. Call with hiring managers (plural).
    - The information I was given for my next set of calls did not match up who I was actually speaking with (nor did they inform me). So instead of me speaking with "Bob" I received a call from "Joe." I would like to emphasize that these individuals at least called me at the correct time at the same number with no problem (supporting my claim about the recruiter in the previous step). As for the content of these calls, they were basic technical questions around concurrency. The problem was the questions were so simple that the calls ended within minutes with a "Sorry, we don't have anything else to ask, we usually need to guide applicants through these questions over time."

3. On-site Interview.
    Despite my claims that I was busy one week, the recruiter did not care and scheduled me to visit them anyway during that time due to other participants (now they were just rushing). I was once again given a schedule of 3 people to speak with, but upon arrival only 2 of them were in the office and I was informed that I was one of the last applicants being interviewed (translation: we already have someone else in mind but maybe you'll be better but we're really just going to waste your time). Well, the interviews went just as expected. The interviewees had very strong opinions about how their questions should be answered and were not accommodating to alternative solutions. There was one question that I conceded defeat to and requested the solution just to be told "look it up in the JDK source code." Well, upon looking it up after the interview I found that I was correct but the interviewer refused to acknowledge.

Upon finishing my on-site interview I was shoved out of the office and told they would have HR contact me. When I say shoved, I mean I was walked into a hallway, given the directions to the elevator bank (at the other side of the building), and had the door shut behind me (translation: the one individual, the hiring manager, had full power and did not even care to discuss with the other team member before declining me).

I received the "regret to inform you" the next day, at least I got a response.

Interview Questions

• Thread safe Singleton implementation.   Answer Question
    • Talk about how you would write an algorithm to solve a Sudoku puzzle. Talk about how you might speed it up using concurrency.   Answer Question
    • Difference between Linked List/Array List. Which is better for insertion in the middle?   1 Answer
    • "50 black and 50 white balls and 2 buckets" Riddle.   1 Answer
    • Write a function that converts a column indicated by a String (e.g A, B, ..., Z, AA, AB, ...) into a number (1, 2, ..., 26, 27, 28, ...).   1 Answer
    • Given a list of strings, process the list so that if any individual string starts with "A" it is replaced with a string that instead starts with "K".   1 Answer
    • What is a ConcurrentModification Exception and what might throw it?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you might troubleshoot a running Java application to see why it didn't produce a file that it should have produced.   Answer Question
    • Given a comma delimited file, return lines of the file where the second column contains a specific string.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call from the HR recruiter and he set up a phone interview with the technical lead. He asked way to many indepth questions on OOP`s. Be very thorough in your knowledge of java and oops.

Interview Questions

• Lots of in depth questions of Java. And asked a lot of questions about HTTP protocol and how it works. Static variables and what will you do kind of questions. Design pattern questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradeweb (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

It was great experience, met with 3 people and hiring manager, process took one day total 1 and 1/2 hour with 3 person in morning for 1 and 1/2 hour at jersey city and 1/2 hour in evening at New York office. Interviewer were friendly and explained throughly about product and what the role was about.

Interview Questions

• General question that would test your way of thinking and problem solving ability. How good you are with algorithms solving using Javascript. Personality round.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Meet with the manager for the team you're being hired to, Meet with other people on the team. Each person will ask you different questions based on your resume. The interview really depends on the person and what they want to see. Some were behavioral others were very technical. No white board type questions but rather describe the architecture of the systems you have worked with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. Know what is on your resume. Basic SQL and scripting questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Applied on line, and HR called directly. First round was phone interview. And then second interview was on-site in Jersey City office, which was unprofessionally scheduled on 8:30 in the morning. During the whole process, nobody even talked anything about the hiring team or the position, neither did the interviewer bring any drink. Very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the bond yield?   1 Answer

Web Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

After apply on line, I received email from HR. HR is very kind and give you very clear directions to get to their company.
    Two people interviewed me. Lots questions about fundamental conceptions about web development.

Interview Questions

• Too many conceptions questions. I did not prepare well for this.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tradeweb (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Worst experience ever...I normally don't post anything online, but I wanted to warm people of this company before they invest the time and effort to interviewing.

Process began with an phone interview with the hiring manager. The person seemed nice and asked questions regarding my background. After, I heard back in a couple days that I was scheduled to speak with again person in a different office. After that phone interview, HR scheduled me to visit the NYC office for an on-site interview. They reimbursed my travel cost and I had 5 back to back interviews with various managers and employees. I thought everything went well and the HR said I would be hearing back soon. A few weeks past and I followed up with the HR rep. He said that it would take another week or so. Again, a few weeks past and I followed up again. The HR rep said that the hiring manager would be contacting me soon. I felt as though an offer my be coming. I few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager. To my surprised, she wanted me to do an home work assignment for her. This is 2 months into the hiring process! I agreed and quickly finished the assignment. After sending the assignment, I didn't hear anything back for a week. I followed up again, and the HR rep sent me a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. I think this was the most ridiculous process I ever went through. After 2 and a half months, all they do is sent a generic rejection email. By far the worst interview experience I ever faced.

For future interviewees' please beware!

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tradeweb.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, just went through my résumé and went over some behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. All the people at TradeWeb are very friendly and they want you to learn about their business. They have an educational focus, making sure you understand their place in the industry.