Trane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Trane

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It started with a 45 or so minute call with an engineer and the team manager. We talked a little bit about the tech stack, and they asked an open-ended question about how I might rewrite a given function for reusability and clarity. Aside from that, the first call was mostly about sharing my background and learning about the company. The next round was an in-person with the engineering team. The first hour was more providing my background and answering HR-style questions. We concluded the first hour with a building tour. The last hour was broken into two 30 minute parts: answering open technical questions, and a pair programming exercise.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, write a function to return the sum.   Answer Question
    • Given an array that could contain more arrays, write a recursive function to flatten the array.   Answer Question
    • What does the new keyword in JavaScript actually do under the hood?   Answer Question
    • How can you bind “this” to a particular object?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Trane (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2011.

Interview

No interview process worked as temp then hired on. Bid on job in controls Dept. get job based on Clock #. You can work for Temp agency for up to 1 year. You can not miss more than 4 days in that year. Afterwards they must hire you on as a full time employee.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trane.

Interview

Simple, were looking for someone who could deal with people and problems. Had two sessions and seemed pretty straight forward. There were other candidates also present waiting for their turn. Took about an hour to an hour and a half depending how much you talk.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trane.

Interview

phone interview with the HR team, which I worked with later on. Basic behavior questions, such as "why this industry" , "why this company?", "why this position?"
    Overall very friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trane in February 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, 1 phone interview with standard HR followed by the hiring manager reaching out to me directly for a second phone interview. Overall, very standard and slightly slow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trane (Tyler, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was casual in the begining talking about school,subjects, the town etc.. Then the project manager joined the interview and asked questions based on my resume. It was easy since I knew what I worked on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trane.

Interview

I applied through a school website and had an on campus interview. It was one on one and she asked questions about my resume. And then asked behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trane in February 2015.

Interview

Met at on campus recruiting and then followed up with two phone interviews, one from HR and one from my direct supervisor. I was not contacted for about two weeks after talking with them at campus recruiting. At this point is when I was called for a phone interview for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavior questions based around leadership examples and what you are proud of. Each interview only lasted about a half hour at most.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trane in February 2012.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR. Met face to face with several managers in panel type interview. They were nice and not intimidating in any way. Interview was actually enjoyable. Follow up interview with department team members. Discussed my background and experience and how I would fit in with team.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trane (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Lengthy but understandable given position. The job requires personnel to maintain several commercial accounts while also growing for new business. You need to manage your time properlyrics to meet all facets of the job. If you can juggle the job properly ,the sky is the limit.