Travelocity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelocity Interview Questions

2.8

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity.

Interview

promotes from within, many mentoring opportunities. Interview with managers and peer supervisors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiating at this level, its a base salary and you can earn a good monthly bonus based on your teams performance

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Interviewed twice, first with just one person and the second time with the same person and his boss. I didn't think the boss liked me but just turned out he was having a bad morning and didn't want to sit in the interview. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. I was overdressed in a suit and tie but I'd recommend wearing one even though the corporate culture is business casual.

Interview Questions

• What does work life balance mean to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They sent the offer via fed ex, I accepted as presented.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelocity.

Interview

Too many interviews. I had to go through everyone and their mothers to land the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question. I thought everything was fair and as anticipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but not much more.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity in May 2012.

Interview

Quick interview and discussion with human resources, then a phone interview with hiring manager followed by an in person interview. Final stage was an interview with senior vice president then negotiations.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview that went well followed by an in person interview. They acted as though they were impressed, and then said they would call me in a few days. Never heard from them and then when I followed up they said they were still in the decision process and that the would get back to me with a definitive and were in a couple days. After that I still never heard from them. I understand not getting the job, but it's unprofessional to promise a response and then just have radio silence.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an editor that published something unfavorable about Travelocity?   Answer Question

International Rate Desk Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was completely over the phone. "Travelocity Business" won the International Monetary Fund account and was trying to retain as much of the Rate Desk already in place as they could. I found it odd that such a complex account was going to go all-in on a web based passenger directed on line booking tool, however that is a discussion best had between travel professionals who work on intricate accounts such as The World Band and the United Nations. (throw in the US Department of State too for good measure) I took the interview and began negotiating a salary, when we hit a snag. The position was to be "virtual." However, I lived in the Mountain State and upon their further review, they requested I move to either Maryland or Virginia, because they did not want to do business in WV. The reason I gather is that they had no other employees in the state and they did not want to pay the fees associated with having an employee actually sit in WV. They offered me about $2K to move and I decided such a company that does not do business in my home state was not worth my time. (AND THEY ARE A TRAVEL COMPANY!!!) More like a joke to me.

Senior Java Developer - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Day 1 => I applied for a couple of positions on the Sabre Holding career portal.
    Day 2 => I got a mail the next day to take an online assessment.
    Day 3 => I had a call from the Recruitment team asking for a phone screening.
    Day 4 => Phone screening.
    Day 7 => In person interview
    Day 7 => Verbal confirmation.

After working there I realized that this was extremely fortunate as in most cases the recruitment process takes much time!

Interview Questions

• Questions in java memory handling to much detailed level. Including details of garbage collection, how algoritm works, tuning options in jvm, strong, weak, phantom references, etc. Being an experienced developer it was not difficult but unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position needed someone to join in immediately. I was immediately available but could not be taken in as a FTE. Joined as contractor, with some negotiations in rate.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

(Remote position) Initially interviewed with hiring manager by phone. Then was invited to Southlake, TX to meet with various members of their executive team. Interviewed with hiring manager again, then met with about 5 others throughout the day. Casual discussions about my background and workstyle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very strict policy that HR leads salary negotiations. Had no interactions with hiring manager until after it was completed. Sabre is not generous about salary increases and there are lots of "catches" that can prevent you from getting them (ie if you work group is too small, so it helps tremedously to be in a larger dept). Be sure your starting salary is adequate, don't count on the increase.

Front Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone screen with HR/online application/computer test with virtual calls/interview with leader/offer/background check/drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a customer expectation.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelocity (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Brainbench skills test on C# .NET