Travelport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelport Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.6

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The process was so UNPROFESSIONAL! I applied online, and received an email from HR asking about my availability for a phone interview later this week, I replied to them about three hours later and did not hear anything from them. On the next day I sent an email again to check if the interview was scheduled or not, again, I did not hear anything from HR. During the weekend I received an email said that I was rejected. If the process just ended here then it was all fine. But NO!!!! On next week HR asked me again if I still have time for an interview and I replied to him with my time slots. I could not believe the same thing happened!! They did not reply to me one more time!!!!! Listen, it is okay for you to reject me, but it is definitely not professional to insult me!

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applies on line, received an email from HR for times for a brief call. After I was "interrogated" by a young woman over the phone, she sent me a email with dates/times to come into the office for an interview. After checking in to the Atlanta office, I waited for about 15 minutes past the original appointment time, then I was approached by a "cleaning woman" type dressed person carrying her open lap-top. She placed it down on the conference table and said she was "so busy" she needed to continue to monitor her work. Another young girl came in late - EA for HR, and was more interested in her cell phone than asking / paying attention to the interview. They both were very unprofessional and clueless. She even had to jump out of the interview early to take a call from her cell. REALLY girls HR Recruiter should have rescheduled or had someone - more professional - conducting the interview. I think they were intimidated that I was over qualified in every way!!! SAD --Looser working group. I did, however, received an outstanding offer shortly thereafter from a better company. BEWARE of the support staff!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. I applied online and a recruiter connected with me and asked me some general questions about my experience, my projects etc. Later, my profile is shared with hiring manager and a couple of days later a phone interview is being scheduled.

Phone interview went through a lot of questions, testing my expertise and knowledge proficiency in data science and machine learning fundamental concepts. I think its fair to say the screen call was demanding and fast paced. In addition, the interviewer asked me about any projects that I have done related to data science and speak about them.

Interview Questions

• what is the role of a data scientist and what actually is data science?   Answer Question
    • what is standard deviation? why do we need it? while calculating variance of a random variable why do we divide by (no. of observations - 1)?   Answer Question
    • what is regression? can you tell me linear regression model equation?   Answer Question
    • how to optimize a linear regression model?   Answer Question
    • what is R^2 value? why do we need it? how to calculate it? difference between R^2 and adjusted R^2?   Answer Question
    • how do you compare the performance of a machine learning model?   Answer Question
    • what is gradient descent? walk through a gradient descent approach?   Answer Question
    • what is difference between gradient descent and stochastic gradient descent?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport.

Interview

I was contacted by email from someone in HR. The email essentially said we reviewed your resume and want to schedule a 30-45 minute call with you next week. Let us know what works for you. In the meantime, please complete this preliminary questionnaire before our call if possible.

I completed the questionnaire promptly and returned it. Then I get another email saying "I am in a time crunch to get interviews scheduled for this role. I have added some additional questions to the original questionnaire. Would you mind filling in the remaining details?
    If so; I can then forward your information on and plan to coordinate you interview for early next week."

As odd as this was coming over to me, I completed the additional questions promptly and returned them. After submitting the additional questions. I've yet to hear a word back from the HR person on if I was still getting scheduled for a phone call, or if they wanted me to kick rocks. Some sort of acknowledgement would've been nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• (Summarize your experience: Number of Years, Industry Exposure, Technology Stack and Tools Knowledge/Utilization.)

What types of projects have you managed? (Infrastructure/Software Development, Large Enterprise or Small Environment, Team Leadership included, Methodologies, Tools, etc.?)

How much external customer engagement did you have on those projects?

Tell me a time when a client wasn’t delivering on their side. How would you handle that situation?

Why do you want to work for Travelport (or what interests you in Travelport):

Please outline why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this role?

What are you looking for in terms of your next role and company?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR reached out inquiring about dates for telephonic interview. I provided them with the dates and got no response. 5 weeks from application I got the usual canned rejection e-mail. Applicants Beware

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I only met one person to interview with. It wasn't particularly technical. More of a casual conversation. At end of interview I asked what the next steps might be ... for example will I come in again to meet the team and interview further. Person told me no, the decision would be made from what he had to report. I thought this odd, I've never interviewed for a job by speaking with only one person. Another "oddity" ... I saw a few people walk by as I was interviewing. They all were Indian. I wondered what my chances were with so many Indians employed (I'm American). I've also seen some of their salary estimates, kinda low.

A few days after the interview I contacted the HR person who originally setup the interview. I sent an email asking if they had any interest in hiring or had moved onto other candidates. I never received a reply. Finally, 2 weeks later, I received an auto-generated email telling me they weren't interested.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelport (Denver, CO).

Interview

Brief interview with HR. FOUR additional interviews. The interviews were very easy. Just behavioral. Every interviewer asked the same questions. They lasted about 30-45 minutes. Every person represented the company well but could not give me additional information and I had to go through HR for all my other questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First interview- On campus around October. Purely behavior and straight forward.

Second interview- meeting with manager and a software developer, interview from each. They were suppose to be technical but it was just questions on basic fundamentals. It will depend on what team/manger you get.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelport (Malibu, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Many life challenging questions were asked and I had to give my most relevant examples of how I've tackled those problems or dealt with them better. This seems to be the main way that interviews are conducted here.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you've made while working and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

SDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very slow, months to have several interviews. Managers were late, disorganized, had no interest in interviewing, couldn't remember the two phone calls we already had, had no notes or questions. Still job not filled after 6 months. It was stated their Boss wanted them to get out of the weeds but they could not figure out how. I would say that Boss needs to have a hard look at those employees.

Interview Questions

• They could not think of any real question to ask..   1 Answer