Travelzoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelzoo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. Was invited to meet with HR manager, Head of HR and the President of the company. overall took 5 weeks since date of application. Fun and friendly team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation in your past employment and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (New York, NY).

Interview

After getting through the initial interviews and timed assignment, I was flown to Chicago to meet the President of Travelzoo. Had been a great experience up until then. Despite the fact that I missed an entire day of work for this and had to take a red eye to travel across the country, there was absolutely NO appreciation for me coming in. Mike did not care about my prior work experience or what I was able to bring to the table, he didn't even give me an opportunity to tell him anything about myself nor ask him any questions I had. Instead, he spent the entire time quizzing me with next to impossible questions, which unless you have had the luxury of traveling the world and remembering every last detail (airport codes, miles from airport to city center, temperature in Fall, name of local hot spots, etc) you are destined to fail. Really disappointing experience, but ultimately glad I'm not working for someone like that. Just be warned, if you think getting asked to come meet the CEO/President/Head Producer is close to the end of your interview process, think again!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

At first, responsive and welcoming. Initial video screen with recruiter in NYC. Went well, brought up next steps, in person interview and timing to hire the role. After a few days of no follow-up, proactively reached out to the recruiter who said they would be in touch to schedule 2nd rounds shortly. Nearly a month later and waiting to hear back. . .

I think i'll pass.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo.

Interview

I had a great experience with both the recruiter and then with the President of the company. They both seemed interested in the questions they asked and the answers that I provided. My last interview was not the same. The employee seemed very aloof and asked me questions that did not pertain to the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever traveled to Paris or Milan? Can you name the most popular places to shop in Paris or Milan?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through the website, and got a call from the head of production shortly afterwards. We had a phone interview. She sent me a timed writing test (I want to say the time limit was 50 minutes) at an agreed upon time. Then I arranged an in person interview with the heads of the vertical market. After my interviews with local dept heads, I was invited to interview with the president of North America. I was flown to Chicago for this process.

Interview Questions

• I was read real travel deals and had to guess the prices.   Answer Question

Assistant Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelzoo.

Interview

I applied to an Assistant Producer position. The process took 5+ weeks and it happened in the following order:

1. Pre-screening by HR through a 15 minute call. General questions to walk them through your resume and why you are interested in the position.
    2. Assignment through email. It takes 45 minutes and I was asked 2 questions. Know how to write a deal and how to put together an attractive description of a business.
    3. In person interview with HR. This meeting took about 1 hour and HR was very thorough with their questions.
    4. Interview with the Director of Production. 2 hr interview with a second assignment portion. Starbucks question was brought up as well as other assignments pertaining to revenue and the Top 20 deals.
    5. Interview with the CEO.

It was an extremely thorough process and it shows how much they care about putting the right candidate in their team. It was overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a deal you recently took advantage of and what made it so special.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying on company website. Phone interview first, followed by timed writing assessment (I was asked to write up a sample deal in one hour based on bullet-points provided). I received a couple of e-mails with further questions (e.g. did you study abroad, previous salary), but ultimately received a generic HR denial.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelzoo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Great experience from start to finish. I enjoyed the interview process and was thrilled to accept a job at Travelzoo. I couldn't have had a better experience and would definitely recommend the company to a friend -- in fact I have already, many times.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Travelzoo (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and very brief. They mainly just asked me what I knew about the position and the company. After less than ten minutes, they told me that they had a bunch of other people to get to and said that they would let me know later that week whether or not I would be moving forward in the process. It has been over three weeks and nothing. Guess that they are not interested, but it would have been nice to have gotten a definitive confirmation.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelzoo (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

A senior level HR person set up an interview with me via email. The interview started on time. The HR person didn't ask questions to get a true sense of my experience and abilities. Instead she asked questions such as What do you recruit for? What sources do you use? What are the salary ranges of the positions you recruit for? There were no behavioral interview questions. I was insulted that the HR person said that the roles I work on are easier to fill because the salary ranges are lower. That was truly an ignorant statement since I work in a completely different industry in which my hires often need to have advanced degrees, certifications, need to be on call 24/7, etc. and the salary ranges I'm working with aren't as competitive as they should be. My challenges are different than hers but without a doubt the roles I recruit for are challenging to fill. I received no follow-up after the interview.