Trinity Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trinity Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Industries.

Interview

One phone interview. Went well, it was basically a casual conversation. Abruptly went south when I mentioned a summer class that was only twice a week and would make me lose maybe a couple hours a week. They really wanted someone that could work full time. I did not fault them for that.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Do you know what we do here?   Answer Question

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Ashland City, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

they said its a simple job. and its no rocket science and just explain what to do and such as filing , typing on notes, phone calls and such and they will train you too

Interview Questions

• they asked, am i dependable and will i be able to handle this kind of work   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Called by Hiring Manager (HR Rep) 3 days after I submitted my resume for their job online. We chatted for ~45 minutes on the phone. Position was a summer internship in Mechanical Engineering in their Fort Worth Office. Interview Questions were mainly behavioral and situational (see below)

Legal Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on Oct 23, 2016 because they had a RUSH to fill the position. By Oct 25, 2016 I had an in-person interview. It was short notice but I rearranged my schedule and made it happen because I felt it was a great opportunity that matched my interest and experience. I was very excited about the possibility to contribute to the legal department and it seemed to be a nice environment. Unfortunately, although I followed up with the recruiter, I never received a declination letter, or a response to my email or phone call. Very disappointing! I held this company in high regard and thought of them as an industry leader, assumed the people would be professional. They are very particular about the people, the dress-code, the look and the demeanor of those who sit on that floor - I gathered the feeling that I didn't "fit in".

Interview Questions

• How familiar am I with Concur?
      How do you manage supporting multiple people?
      Do you quickly learn new software?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the HR to schedule a phone interview. In the interview she asked out of the box questions. She also told me to speak slowly as she was taking the notes. I said sorry and resumed the conversation. I felt that the interview went okay. After our call the HR never responded. I regularly emailed her and requested for another opportunity but no reply! I feel the behavior of the HR was very disappointing. She should have emailed me back with a reject.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief phone call with HR, then in person with same level coworkers and immediate supervisor. Extended review of previous experience, down to earth and very kind personnel. Every person I met seemed genuine and spoke very positively of the organization. There was a high-level review of day to day "operations"; who does what, and the culture of not only the team but the organization as a whole. High level overview of Executive team(s); who does what and where they are located. Informative overview of a "day in the life" at Trinity - seemed to me that people enjoy what they do, enjoy the opportunity Trinity has offered them; and are content with their roles within the organization. Gave me an overall sense of working there, and it seems people are generally happy.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to seek employment with Trinity?   1 Answer

Trinity Industries Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Trinity Industries

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. Welcome to the Trinity family!

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. The department head that interviewed me was a good guy. My first impression was that he would have been a good guy to work for in the end.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your approach to getting a project moving when there is an absence of support?   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a three step interview process. There were two phone interviews and one two hour in-person interview. The phone interviews consisted of two separate HR recruiters getting to know the person and background information that would be beneficial to the company. The in-person interview was between your immediate managers and what you should expect to learn from the internship.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions such as, "Describe a situation that you were in a risky situation that didn't work out?".   Answer Question

IT Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR round then onsite.Questions about previous experience,mostly behavioral questions.Some technical questions on Excel,power point,Microsoft project. some questions on PMI methodologies and general behavioral questions.No detailed technical questions.Easy and relaxed atmosphere

Trinity Industries Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Trinity Industries

We are glad to know you had a positive experience—welcome to the team!

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Lima, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview went well. I had a phone interview and two interviews and a plant tour with Plant MGR and HR MGR. They sent me for drug testing and background check, then called and asked me to schedule orientation on Monday.

The problem was that they kept telling me that I would receive a formal written offer at some point before orientation, telling me my starting salary and benefits etc. This never came, so I told them I was not going in for orientation without an offer. They said they see where corporate was on working on the offer, and get back with me. A week passed and I have not heard anything from them. At this point, I would not work for them even if they came back with an offer that was twice what I have in mind.

Don't get me wrong, these are good people, as I met them all and they all seemed like a great group, but the top management at the home office do not communicate effectively with outpost plants and they create a lot of chaos. I can see this would be a trend if I worked there. None of the 7 people I met except for the supervisor and plant manager had been there more than 2 years, and they told me a lot too. For some reason, the recruiter from the home office asked me to report back to her on how the interview went. I thought that seemed odd. I did not call her back, but when I told the Plant manager that she had asked this, he said that was fine because he had nothing to hide. I hope he did not think I was trying a power play. The whole situation was just weird and not very professional.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in the job and what did I do to save the company money? What classes did I take in College? How did I get along with the people in my office and on the floor? What is my salary range? What computer software do I know? Why was I laid off?   1 Answer