Trinity Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trinity Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Quincy, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

basic weld test ,, drug test . what is you work experience and back round. Did you go to any schools that have to do with the job.. can you show up to work on time. do you mind working overtime. can you pass a drug test.. do you have any medical problems. can you read a tape measure can you read blue prints

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Saginaw, TX).

Interview

I just graduated welding school,first of all was told to come in for a welding test, when i got their I was told i needed steel toe boots,and to go across the street to Walmart and buy some and come back in 45 min. So i did and some mexican dude had me do certain welds and then he said i needed to go back to school, he was very rude!!! Now they are calling me back for a assembly job????

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trinity Industries.

Interview

they just did a weld test and pre employment

Welder/Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy and ready to give you a chance to work as quickly as soon as possible. The work place is hot and they informed you how to stay hydrated and alert at all times with finish rail carts that are moving the time fabrication starts is from 5am to 3pm

Interview Questions

• What do you know the welding test is 1g, 2g, 3g, 1f, 2f, 3f, and learn how to to run it at hot levels   Answer Question

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Longview, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed. I sat in an office with the lead engineer on site and he casually asked general work questions. He was cool and level-headed, making the interview less stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of obtaining an internship with Trinity Industries?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trinity Industries.

Interview

One phone interview. Went well, it was basically a casual conversation. Abruptly went south when I mentioned a summer class that was only twice a week and would make me lose maybe a couple hours a week. They really wanted someone that could work full time. I did not fault them for that.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major? Do you know what we do here?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Called by Hiring Manager (HR Rep) 3 days after I submitted my resume for their job online. We chatted for ~45 minutes on the phone. Position was a summer internship in Mechanical Engineering in their Fort Worth Office. Interview Questions were mainly behavioral and situational (see below)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and heard back over a month later. Had an in-person interview and met with two executives. Questions were mostly behavioral, such as "walk me through your resume" and "why are you interested in Trinity." Everyone was nice, pretty easy process and I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me a very solid hourly pay for an intern.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews. The first two or three were with the recruiter, who was pleasant and very willing to discussing the company pretty openly. From there I moved onto an interview with an individual not located in the main office, who was responsible for duties which would have been similar to mine had I landed the internship. The next step was an interview with individuals on the team with which I would be working. Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer for the internship, but overall the entire experience was pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you work with someone who you did not get along well with.   Answer Question

Trinity Industries Response

Apr 4, 2016 – Trinity Industries

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience! Our intern program is annual, so we encourage you to apply again next year.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trinity Industries (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter so she handled most of the communication, and did a fantastic job at it. I can only speak as to my experience with the interview:
    - Initial Phone Screening - Spoke with the Director of Internal Audit and one of the Managers who tested my knowledge in Spanish. Very easy going, questions about my experience in audit, my experience with people etc...
    - On Site Interview - I met with the Director of Audit, Staff Auditor, Manager, Controller, and CAO. All of them were beyond nice; shows the team is well organized and they all had prior Big 4 experience, so you would be working with competent people. Conversations were very easy going, "tell me a little about yourself", "what kind of audits you work on", "types of industries" etc... Nothing that really caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question came at the end of the on-site interview, the Director asked me how soon I could start. Having worked through a recruiter I was caught a little bit off guard since I hadn't heard about the exact conditions and didn't want to commit to an answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Internal Audit really was not the path for me, even though they mentioned opportunities in different departments it wouldn't be for at least 12-18 months and I didn't think Internal Audit was worth it.