Tropical Smoothie Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

applied online ,they called me back in 20 minutes to schedule an interview. I went to Sunday ,it lasted about 10-15 minutes and she said it would be a week before I know

Interview Questions

• Full of all types of questions and scenarios   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy interview process. They ask basic questions, about yourself and past experience, and the environment is casual and easy-going. The interview is held right at one of the tables and does not feel pressured at all.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The general manager called me the next morning asking me to come in for an interview. I came in the next day and he called me the same day offering a job. Overall he was really nice, it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What types of managers have you worked under in the past and what did you like/dislike about them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a stressful scenario you've encountered with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to benefit from working with this company?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview itself took about 20 minutes. There were questions about multitasking and my availability. She asked me how long was I planning on staying if I were to get hired. I was hired on the spot and I was called the same day to start training the next day.

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, they sent an email to come in for open interviews. The email was sent to about 50 people, so I believe they just sent it to everyone else that also applied online.

Cashier/Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, eventually calling to check on the application process. The manager then offered me an interview the next day!
    The interview was early in the morning but I showed up 20 minutes early. The manager was already at the front desk and the first thing that greeted me were the employees smiles!
    I had a great vibe about the place.
    We sat down filled out and went over some paper work, asked me a few questions about the my work history and availability, asked him about hours.
    Concluded with a formal offer and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation for pay. I made a little more at my previous job but they had little to no advancement opportunities after. This job starts at the bottom but has many opportunities to move up in the job and in pay!

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Tuscaloosa, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview two weeks later. I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager in-store. The interview went smoothly and they called me back two days later for a working interview. Neither of the managers were present so I worked with a team member for the interview. I was told to come back the following Monday. When I arrived, the manager was there and gave me a tshirt. I helped make smoothies and acted as a runner. I was told that I could leave and was called into the office before I left. The manager spoke with me and informed me that there were not enough hours available for the current workers so they would keep my application of file and give me a call when they needed me. He told me that they would call me to pick up my check during the week although I have yet to receive a call and it's been four months.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I recently (Sunday 06/19/2016) had an interview with the location at Tidewater drive in Norfolk Virginia and I was told that they would make a final decision on the following Thursday (06/23/2016). So when I called on Thursday I was told that the manager didn't work that day to call back on Sunday (06/26/2016), so I did and when I spoke to the manager she told me to call back on either Monday (06/27/2016) or Tuesday (06/28/2016) and then they would have a final decision. So I called back on Tuesday and the manager was busy which I can understand so they told me to call back in an hour. And when I called back the manager she was "in the bathroom" and I was told she was going to give me a call when she was out of the bathroom. I understand people get busy or have to use the restroom or whatever. But don't waste my time by telling me to call back tomorrow every time I call. If I had any way to contact the franchise owner then I would tell them about my negative experience with this manager and how unprofessional she was with this whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that a customer had a great experience here and how would you try to make sure that they returned to our location?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Laid back, owner interviewed, just asked available times and for previous work history and a few basic questions. Had to run back and help because it was busy, very friendly but focused and informative.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tropical Smoothie Cafe (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

If you showed up to the interview, you basically got hired. It wasn't too bad. I talked to the interviewees as if they were my friends. The questions were like any other basic questions, tell me about yourself, what are your cons, pros, what can you contribute, yada yada.

Interview Questions

• Name a con about yourself?   1 Answer