Trov Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trov Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2017

3.2

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trov in September 2017.

Interview

Flow was Culture fit phone screen, technical phone screen then an onsite interview with 4 people.
    The devops team reported to the COO which was strange. I heard different things from each phase about what the job responsibilities were.
    Very advanced tooling and orchestration made a strong case for their team and stack. Very dynamic and open workflow.
    Didn't like that 100% of the development team was remote.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Oct 16, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. I understand that a remote team is not the best fit for everyone. We wish you all the best in your search and thank you for... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trov in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back fairly quickly. I was asked to answer a couple questions via email, which I replied to quickly as well. A few days later, I was contacted to schedule an interview. I interviewed on Google Hangouts the following week and was told I should hear something back within a couple of weeks. It's now been over a month and I have not heard a single word. I've sent several emails and have yet to receive an answer to any of them. I'm willing to accept that I will not be offered the job, but I'm incredibly disappointed in the way this has been handled.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Oct 25, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry to hear that this has been your experience. One of our expectations in the recruiting process is timeliness and consistent... More

Application

I interviewed at Trov in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a 1 hour phone call with Team Lead. There were questions about clean architecture, previous projects and experiences. This was followed by a coding assignment. It had no deadlines. Once I submitted this, it was followed by two interviews both based on the coding assignment.
    The final call was with the Chief of Staff at the end of which the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Aug 11, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for posting a review about your interview process and welcome to the team. Continue to keep us posted by sharing an employee review after you've been here awhile. If there is anything you... More

Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trov (Hammond, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard; applied via online form, followed by initial tech screen, code exercise, follow-up tech screen and culture fit interview. Interview process took longer than expected (~2 months), but I don't think is representative of their process in general.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly (and thankfully) the interview didn't really contain any "trivia" questions, more of a general discussion about front-end tech.   1 Answer

Sep 13, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for the review of your interview process with the Engineering Department. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the process, please let us know. Glad you joined the Team!

Server Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, take home project (2-5 hours), online tech interview, final "fit" interview. No gimmicks, actual engineering questions through an online code-share application. Questions were defined before interview, I just needed to fill in the gaps in logic or fix existing bugs.

Interview Questions

• Good coding design/practice, basic logic, writing methods   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to submit your interview review. If there is anything you think we can do to improve our process for other candidates, please let us know. Glad to have you on the team!

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trov.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager for a call and followed up with in person interviews with the team. Set clear expectations on when I'd hear back. Easy to communicate with. Transparent process.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

May 17, 2017 – VP People Operations

We appreciate your interest in Trov and the time you've taken to provide feedback on your interview experience. We do work to be transparent and are glad to hear that you felt that we were. Best on... More

Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview process at Trōv was probably a bit unusual. I began talking to them in May 2017, when I had my initial Google Hangout interview. After that, I was given a take-home coding challenge. I was told that I could complete the challenge in any stack I wanted, so I built an app via the given prompt using Ruby on Rails. After I handed it in, I was told that I did a good job, but that none of the team really knew Rails that well, so I was asked to re-do the assignment using a JavaScript framework, such as React/Redux. At the time, I had no experience with JavaScript frameworks at all (I barely even knew JavaScript!). Therefore, I told them that I would need some time to ramp up on React. I took the entire summer to learn JavaScript, jQuery, and eventually React, and Redux, mostly utilizing online tutorials. Once I was confident in my JS abilities, I tackled the take-home challenge again using React and Redux. After I handed it in, the team said they were very impressed, and handed me back to the Technology Chief of Staff, who conducted my final interview, again via Google Hangout. The last interview was a bit technical but very conversational and pleasant overall. I was given a verbal offer at the end of that interview, which I accepted a week later.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Oct 10, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for sharing your experience. We definitely learned a lot from your experience and have tailored the coding challenge to specific code and not just anything the candidate wants to use... More

Server Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Application - this had a lot more questions than what I'm accustomed to in an application, which I found initially offputting. As I progressed through the interview process, though, I appreciated having had the time to think about my answers and write my responses rather than having to improvise during an initial phone screen.
    2) Phone Call with Hiring Manager - This felt like a "get to know you" and "let us tell you about the company" call. I'm still not sure what they were evaluating at this stage.
    3) Take-Home Coding Exercise - They gave me an exercise to do at home and asked me for an estimate on when I'd finish it. I submitted a link to a repository with my code for them to look at after I was done with the exercise.
    4) Technical Interview via Video Call - There were two people interviewing me for about an hour. It felt like a pretty standard technical interview - there were some technical questions, I wrote code to answer them, etc. The thing that most stood out to me was that I had an opportunity to watch how two employees of the company interacted with each other. That was one of the best data points I've ever gotten in an interview about what a company is like to actually work at, which I thought was pretty neat.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Jun 7, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome to the Team! I can't thank you enough for the detailed information you've provided here about your interview process. I say it over and over, but it is detail like this that helps us know... More

Android Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trov in February 2017.

Interview

- First, there is a questionnaire to fill out. This is to see if you will be a fit.
    - Then, there is a phone screen with an android developer. This is a casual conversation, but still technical.
    - Next is a take home code challenge. This doesn't take too long, and is a lot of fun. This is where you show off your android skills. This code challenge is important for the team to gauge your technical abilities.
    - After this, there are three phone calls with other team members. During these calls you can get a feel for the culture, and there are also android questions. At the end of the last call, there was an offer.

Overall, the interview process was great! The team was very easy to talk to, and I was excited to accept the offer. This is a remote position, and there is still a great culture here.

Interview Questions

• Discuss 3rd party libraries, clean architecture, handling asynchronous requests, etc.   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience with our Engineering Team. We are excited that you have decided to join the Trov Team. We value your input as we are continually working on... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very smooth and timely. The hiring manager reached out and we had an initial phone screen, which led to two onsite interviews the following week. Received an offer within two weeks. I was very impressed with how smooth and quickly the process took.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the programs you created at previous employers.   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear that the interview process was a smooth one and that you have joined the Trov Team. Continue to keep us updated on your experience here at Trov. We value your feedback... More