Trov Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trov Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.2

Application

I interviewed at Trov in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a 1 hour phone call with Team Lead. There were questions about clean architecture, previous projects and experiences. This was followed by a coding assignment. It had no deadlines. Once I submitted this, it was followed by two interviews both based on the coding assignment.
    The final call was with the Chief of Staff at the end of which the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Aug 11, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for posting a review about your interview process and welcome to the team. Continue to keep us posted by sharing an employee review after you've been here awhile. If there is anything you... More

Server Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, take home project (2-5 hours), online tech interview, final "fit" interview. No gimmicks, actual engineering questions through an online code-share application. Questions were defined before interview, I just needed to fill in the gaps in logic or fix existing bugs.

Interview Questions

• Good coding design/practice, basic logic, writing methods   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to submit your interview review. If there is anything you think we can do to improve our process for other candidates, please let us know. Glad to have you on the team!

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trov.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager for a call and followed up with in person interviews with the team. Set clear expectations on when I'd hear back. Easy to communicate with. Transparent process.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

May 17, 2017 – VP People Operations

We appreciate your interest in Trov and the time you've taken to provide feedback on your interview experience. We do work to be transparent and are glad to hear that you felt that we were. Best on... More

Server Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Application - this had a lot more questions than what I'm accustomed to in an application, which I found initially offputting. As I progressed through the interview process, though, I appreciated having had the time to think about my answers and write my responses rather than having to improvise during an initial phone screen.
    2) Phone Call with Hiring Manager - This felt like a "get to know you" and "let us tell you about the company" call. I'm still not sure what they were evaluating at this stage.
    3) Take-Home Coding Exercise - They gave me an exercise to do at home and asked me for an estimate on when I'd finish it. I submitted a link to a repository with my code for them to look at after I was done with the exercise.
    4) Technical Interview via Video Call - There were two people interviewing me for about an hour. It felt like a pretty standard technical interview - there were some technical questions, I wrote code to answer them, etc. The thing that most stood out to me was that I had an opportunity to watch how two employees of the company interacted with each other. That was one of the best data points I've ever gotten in an interview about what a company is like to actually work at, which I thought was pretty neat.

Interview Questions

Trov Response

Jun 7, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome to the Team! I can't thank you enough for the detailed information you've provided here about your interview process. I say it over and over, but it is detail like this that helps us know... More

Android Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trov in February 2017.

Interview

- First, there is a questionnaire to fill out. This is to see if you will be a fit.
    - Then, there is a phone screen with an android developer. This is a casual conversation, but still technical.
    - Next is a take home code challenge. This doesn't take too long, and is a lot of fun. This is where you show off your android skills. This code challenge is important for the team to gauge your technical abilities.
    - After this, there are three phone calls with other team members. During these calls you can get a feel for the culture, and there are also android questions. At the end of the last call, there was an offer.

Overall, the interview process was great! The team was very easy to talk to, and I was excited to accept the offer. This is a remote position, and there is still a great culture here.

Interview Questions

• Discuss 3rd party libraries, clean architecture, handling asynchronous requests, etc.   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2017 – VP People Operations

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience with our Engineering Team. We are excited that you have decided to join the Trov Team. We value your input as we are continually working on... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very smooth and timely. The hiring manager reached out and we had an initial phone screen, which led to two onsite interviews the following week. Received an offer within two weeks. I was very impressed with how smooth and quickly the process took.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the programs you created at previous employers.   Answer Question

May 22, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear that the interview process was a smooth one and that you have joined the Trov Team. Continue to keep us updated on your experience here at Trov. We value your feedback... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA).

Interview

- Technical fit questionaire
    - Take home coding assignment (flexible delivery, you're given as much time as you need to work around your schedule
    - Two technical interviews with live coding (spending time on HackerRank or InterviewBit is useful preparation)
    - Interview with CTO (which concluded with immediate offer of employment)

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent interesting or challenging project you worked on.   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Trov (Danville, CA).

Interview

Intimate and thorough interview process. The leadership was persistent, yet honored my timeline along the way. It was a great process overall that took many months, but this is only because I was controlling the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy here? What do you need in order to grow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

personal & cordial. Appropriate discussion.

Web Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trov in February 2017.

Interview

1 introductory screening video chat/interview, 1 take-home assignment, 1 follow-up video discussion about the take-home assignment, 2 individual culture fit video chats/interviews, final video chat with verbal offer and discussion about salary, official offer came soon after.

Interview Questions

• Discussed some technical aspects of my past experience. Discussed take-home assignment. General questions to assess personality and culture fit.   1 Answer

Apr 26, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome to the Trov Team! We are glad to have you on the Engineering Team and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your interview experience was. If you have any suggestions on how we... More

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trov (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

After a brief Skype chat with the lead iOS developer, I was asked to complete a take-home test. I was given a good amount of time (3+ days) to complete the test. At that point I was asked to review my test with 2 other developers on the team. Finally, I was asked to chat with the Technology Chief of Staff.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of Test Driven Development using Protocols, Mocks, and Stubs   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2017 – VP People Operations

Welcome to the Trov Team! So glad to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are joining the team. We love it when our employees refer open positions to people they know. If you have... More