Trump Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. All the interviewers were extremely nice and professional. I was hired the same day. Finished all my paperwork and was working a few days leter.

Interview Questions

• What type of wine would you serve with this main course?   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call from HR two days later. Had a short phone interview discussing background and such. Arranged an in person interview for later that week. I was instructed to enter through the Associate Entrance. We shall see how hard it will be to find that on Lower Wabash. I was impressed with how fast they contacted me

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Manager In Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Ithaca, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

ask previous work experience one by one including internship, and ask your opinion about each experience. they will try to understand why you change jobs and what you learn from each job. Because this is a on-campus interview, they will also ask about what course you take and future plan.

Guest Room Attendant (GRA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

My friend works there. She told me to apply. After I applied she had HR pull my application and they called me within 10 business days. I had a face to face interview with a HR Rep. Standard. Then an immediate interview with the manager of housekeeping. After that I was sent to do a drug test (urine) and do a background check that came by email. Now with that said, at the time I had several traffic warrants. Non moving violatons but never the less.... 8 warrants. And I still passed the background. After all that it took about 2 weeks to start the training. Training was 2 days of learning about the rules. HR policies and so forth. 5 days following I was in training with 4 other hoysekeepers learning how to clean. Then I was given my own rooms. First 4 rooms and every day a few more. I was 100% confident with the training I had that I could do my job. You will mess up. You will miss something. You will get called back to room but it's okay. You will not get in trouble. Just try your hardest and do your best. With that, you will have a long career at Trump and the sky is the limit

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

First met with HR after submitting resume. Then met with two managers. After that pass, met with the director of the restaurant. After he approved me then I signed the contract. They asked how I would handle certain situations such as disgruntled employees and emergency situations. Then the director asked about me and who I am as a person. I could tell he was trying to get to know me and see if I was well-rounded.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an extremely angry patron?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

So far it has been good. I was nervous during the interview portion but now i feel better. I think it's important to review as many possible interview questions as you can in order to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Customer service related questions   Answer Question

Retail Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Doral, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by the Manager of Retail very brief because I assume he had a lot to do, after he was satisfied, we took a small tour of the areas I will be accessing and that was it I was hired. This manager is no longer here so I'm not sure if interviews will change.

Interview Questions

• In your past job experiences what skills have you acquired that would best fit our needs?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Three step process interview. 1st with HR , 2nd with the departmental head, 3rd with the Director of Rooms Divison. The first interview was very basic regarding information about past employers. The departmental head was very job specific, and they were testing your knowledge as a Concierge. The last interview was a mixture of both, and testing your ability to speak eloquently

Interview Questions

• Situational Based Questions: It is my 5th year anniversary and I want to surprise my wife with a night she won't forget. I would like to keep my budget to around $300 for the evening, including, dinner, a show, and drinks   1 Answer

Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trump Hotels (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was very formal and traditional. The interviewers were very dry and asked questions straight off a sheet of paper, and recorded my responses. The General Manager was very nice and seemed very down to earth. Overall the interview was alright, however the environment was not a good match for myself.

Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trump Hotels in October 2015.

Interview

HR Director-very friendly. Standard interview questions. He made me feel very comfortable and confident. The next phase was to interview in person in NYC. This was for the SoHo Hotel.